「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #13,667 of 177,745
How does Avatar sound dubbed in Dutch!!?

Dutch dubs aren't that bad actually. However, they use the same actor a lot of times across shows, and often you can even hear the same voice actor within a show. For example, in the Dutch dubs of pokemon, Ash and Misty had the same VA. So did Brock and Oak. :eek:

The Dutch avatar dubs, as far as I can remember, where quite good actually. Then again, it has been quite a few years since I watched that, so I can't be completely sure.
That was back in the days when I still watched cartoons on TV.

Jun 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #13,668 of 177,745
Quote:
Dutch dubs aren't that bad actually. However, they use the same actor a lot of times across shows, and often you can even hear the same voice actor within a show. For example, in the Dutch dubs of pokemon, Ash and Misty had the same VA. So did Brock and Oak.
eek.gif

The Dutch avatar dubs, as far as I can remember, where quite good actually. Then again, it has been quite a few years since I watched that, so I can't be completely sure.
That was back in the days when I still watched cartoons on TV.

Haha! I haven't watched cartoons on TV for a while as well!!!

Hahah Really!?? Wow, there must not be enough Voice Actors for childrens roles in the Netherlands....

Jun 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #13,669 of 177,745
Hahah Really!?? Wow, there must not be enough Voice Actors for childrens roles in the Netherlands....

Nope.

You know singing competitions like Idols, the Voice of Holland (we came up with this show, ha!), X Factor, etc.? In the Netherlands a lot of winners of competitions like that eventually become voice actors. :p

Jun 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #13,670 of 177,745
Quote:
Nope.
You know singing competitions like Idols, the Voice of Holland (we came up with this show, ha!), X Factor, etc.? In the Netherlands a lot of winners of competitions like that eventually become voice actors.
tongue.gif

Wow... That's quite a phenomenom haha

I think I got the differences of the NFB and O2 down. don't know which I prefer. The O2 is a bit "cleaner" and light and all inclusive, in a sense soulless. While the NFB has this background and vocal that is more in your face and has more primary depth(as in very noticeable) Not sure what I prefer :/ Anyway.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #13,671 of 177,745

I think I got the differences of the NFB and O2 down. don't know which I prefer. The O2 is a bit "cleaner" and light and all inclusive, in a sense soulless. While the NFB has this background and vocal that is more in your face and has more primary depth(as in very noticeable) Not sure what I prefer :/ Anyway.

Interesting. So the NFB-12 has a soul, but the O2 is a ginger.

Just wondering, how quickly can you switch between the two? Ideally this should be a short as possible to reduce the threshold of hearing differences.

Also, do you listen to the same track over and over again?
When comparing the SR-202 with the HD650 there were cases where I needed to listen to a single track more than 8 times before the differences started becoming clear to me.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #13,672 of 177,745
Quote:
Interesting. So the NFB-12 has a soul, but the O2 is a ginger.
Just wondering, how quickly can you switch between the two? Ideally this should be a short as possible to reduce the threshold of hearing differences.
Also, do you listen to the same track over and over again?
When comparing the SR-202 with the HD650 there were cases where I needed to listen to a single track more than 8 times before the differences started becoming clear to me.

Yeah basically from what I am doing.

1.5 seconds. I flip the NFB output switch with one hand and unplug and plug in. The volumes are more or less the same. They are both using the NFB's DAC so it's just the amp section.

Rikkun. I'm not like you lol!! I don't prefer 2 hour sit down sessions. I was listening to "Hey Jude" -the Beatles and thought of doing a quick switchero and did it a few times. I'm a subjective dude and heard more soul and signature in the NFB than in the O2 which was cleaner(not necessarily better). It just wasn't as "dark"(not that the NFB is dark) asthe NFB and didn't have the "sould" and attitude the NFB has. The O2 is almost like a blank state... ..if you get what I mean. I believe that quick stuff like what I did subjectively works.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #13,673 of 177,745
Quote:

Damn you panda-san, I want new gear too O(TT_TT)O

Photo of my desk:

Tell me if I did a good/bad job.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #13,674 of 177,745
Yeah basically from what I am doing.

1.5 seconds. I flip the NFB output switch with one hand and unplug and plug in. The volumes are more or less the same. They are both using the NFB's DAC so it's just the amp section.

Rikkun. I'm not like you lol!! I don't prefer 2 hour sit down sessions. I was listening to "Hey Jude" -the Beatles and thought of doing a quick switchero and did it a few times. I'm a subjective dude and heard more soul and signature in the NFB than in the O2 which was cleaner(not necessarily better). It just wasn't as "dark"(not that the NFB is dark) asthe NFB and didn't have the "sould" and attitude the NFB has. The O2 is almost like a blank state... ..if you get what I mean. I believe that quick stuff like what I did subjectively works.

I don't believe it does :wink:

I respect your methods, so I won't rage any further about how flawed they are. (jk)

I do suggest trying it at least once. Get a song and listen to it over and over again switching between the two amps each time. Eventually the differences start to become more tangible, and at some point you'll be able to put your finger on it and describe it using language. This takes time and patience, but hearing the subtleties become tangible is a very nice experience.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #13,676 of 177,745
Quote:
Damn you panda-san, I want new gear too O(TT_TT)O

Photo of my desk:

Tell me if I did a good/bad job.

Haha!!

You mean..your family desk!!! LOL! Yours to use for two weeks!!!

Have you seen 5cm per second yet Canada kun? (It's Panda-Sama by the way)

I admit... it does feel good.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #13,677 of 177,745
Quote:
Haha!!

You mean..your family desk!!! LOL! Yours to use for two weeks!!!

Have you seen 5cm per second yet Canada kun? (It's Panda-Sama by the way)

I admit... it does feel good.

Yes, and in these 2 weeks, while it is under my possession, I shall disregard food and sleep and watch anime until I die from either exhaustion or a stroke.

I finished 5cm per second 2 weeks ago.....I thought I told you panda-*sama*(there, happy?) 

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #13,678 of 177,745
Quote:
Nothing wrong with the picture itself, but you need some better gear, dude.
wink.gif

You need a better mouse, keyboard, near-field speakers, headphones and amp/dac.

I realise that.........but I no has personal computer and moneys.

I must improvise with the equipment I have for another few years, then I can move out 
biggrin.gif

Now back to watching HOTD. I am so glad that I graduated from streaming, HOTD has a new feel to it now that it's in 1080p 
biggrin.gif

Back to zombie apocalypse.....away!!

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #13,679 of 177,745
Quote:
I realise that.........but I no has personal computer and moneys.

I must improvise with the equipment I have for another few years, then I can move out 
biggrin.gif

Many more years... you were 14 right? I'm older than you and even then after moving out will be an issue :frowning2:

Quote:
Yes, and in these 2 weeks, while it is under my possession, I shall disregard food and sleep and watch anime until I die from either exhaustion or a stroke.

I finished 5cm per second 2 weeks ago.....I thought I told you panda-*sama*(there, happy?) 

What was your impression of it!?

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #13,680 of 177,745

Sounds like a pretty solid plan in my book.

I did something very similar last autumn break. I spent a week just watching anime, typically 8-12 hours per day, but one or two days it was closer to 16 hours.
It was the best week ever. Although I had a feeling of being hungover the week after that, so I don't know whether I spent my break wisely in terms of relaxation. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back