「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #135,301 of 177,745
  Shirobako is such a well hidden gem. Love how it doesn't sugar glaze everything yet doesn't make the whole thing a depressing hell.

+1

Valkyria Chronicles PC out on 11 November, $20, including DLC.

I'll totally pre-order it tomorrow.

I just saw the gameplay for it, a mix of RPG and RTS. Looks sweet!

Really challenging but a lot of fun.

The Steam Halloween Sale is upon us!
Hide your wallets!

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #135,304 of 177,745
I like my Touhou stuff instrumental.

Screw you Google, screw you!
"We finally entered the 21st century and enabled 60fps videos on YouTube! But guess what? You need our trash-ass browser or the dumb Apple one! Yeah, that's right, take this Firefox!"
I want this fixed ASAP or I'll be grumpy for the rest of the night :xf_mad:

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #135,307 of 177,745
My friend was selected for the Evolve alpha, I will probably go hang out at his place this weekend and see it.

@Panda: Grisaia is a mess for me. As someone who played all of the routs in the VN, this was kinda destined to fail anyway. I can't imagine what watching this is like for someone that doesn't know the VN, after about 3 eps I will be willing to bet you'll feel like it's jumping all over the damn place. The reason this is happening is that in the VN almost all interaction betwwen the MC and the other girls is 1 on 1. They are very very rarely in a group. How can they flesh out these characters when the MC is going to be pulled in all directions and they can't shortcut their quirks/senses of humor/depressing histories since they aren't in a group very often. Group interplay is absolutely needed if you want to develop characters in a short time-frame.

What they should have done, was pick a rout (preferably the one that translates to the video medium easiest.. Sachi IMO) and just stick with it. Doing all routs would totally be doable if they had more than 12 episodes to do it, which they don't.

Just got my new amp last night. Garage1217 Sunrise III. I'll spam these pics all over head-fi :)

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #135,308 of 177,745
Just got my new amp last night. Garage1217 Sunrise III. I'll spam these pics all over head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Oooooh pretty!

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #135,311 of 177,745
  Aah yes, Hatsunetsumiko's
I love em since millie is one of their vocals
but let's hijack the party with some Chata

I like this, a lot. Do you know albums where she does most(if not all) of the vocals?

Didn't get into the 3 posted before but this is right up my alley. She reminds me of  舞花, who is by far my favourite vocalist in FELT

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #135,313 of 177,745
My friend was selected for the Evolve alpha, I will probably go hang out at his place this weekend and see it.

@Panda: Grisaia is a mess for me. As someone who played all of the routs in the VN, this was kinda destined to fail anyway. I can't imagine what watching this is like for someone that doesn't know the VN, after about 3 eps I will be willing to bet you'll feel like it's jumping all over the damn place. The reason this is happening is that in the VN almost all interaction betwwen the MC and the other girls is 1 on 1. They are very very rarely in a group. How can they flesh out these characters when the MC is going to be pulled in all directions and they can't shortcut their quirks/senses of humor/depressing histories since they aren't in a group very often. Group interplay is absolutely needed if you want to develop characters in a short time-frame.

What they should have done, was pick a rout (preferably the one that translates to the video medium easiest.. Sachi IMO) and just stick with it. Doing all routs would totally be doable if they had more than 12 episodes to do it, which they don't.

Just got my new amp last night. Garage1217 Sunrise III. I'll spam these pics all over head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I get that vibe too. It's trying to give everyone equal amounts of screentime but that's not going to bring out each girl's charm and inner struggles. This last episode was ok, but it wasn't really heart-wrenching like it was when I read it in the VN. I'm hoping they try to finish up 2 - 3 girl's route this season and finish the others later on, if they keep the pace it could still be good, but if they try to cram everything into these 12 episodes it's going to feel really messy and rushed.

Nekonyan~!!

That reminds me of my old Bravo V1. Always liked the way those little amps looked

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #135,314 of 177,745

I like this, a lot. Do you know albums where she does most(if not all) of the vocals?

Didn't get into the 3 posted before but this is right up my alley. She reminds me of  舞花, who is by far my favourite vocalist in FELT

http://vgmdb.net/artist/96
Chata iirc most does like a song or two on albums she is on.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #135,315 of 177,745
@miceblue : EMI shielding is for nerds! (when my phone is on LTE and near the amp, schiit goes crazy).

@Netforce : Dust is for nerds! (thanks for the tip, this is my office amp so I get free canned air :wink: ).

Yeah, I get that vibe too. It's trying to give everyone equal amounts of screentime but that's not going to bring out each girl's charm and inner struggles. This last episode was ok, but it wasn't really heart-wrenching like it was when I read it in the VN. 

Nekonyan~!!

That reminds me of my old Bravo V1. Always liked the way those little amps looked

Yeah you cant introduce that plot device and resolve it all in one episode and have it mean ANYTHING to the viewer. That would have taken 12 episodes of development and growth to matter to us. Like, how in the HELL will they be able to do Angelic Howl? That could be it's own series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back