「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #135,287 of 177,745
Hooray for frame rate dropping.... :/

I see......

Does anyone still need a good Horror game for Halloween?
Neverending Nightmares isn't just super creepy but it also features a special binaural audio option for headphone users!

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #135,288 of 177,745
[rule]Does anyone still need a good Horror game for Halloween?

Neverending Nightmares isn't just super creepy but it also features a special binaural audio option for headphone users!

Borderline mindf**k levels of scary, uncanny valley and all that spooky schiit. That stark red in contrast with the greys and whites of everything else is also unnerving.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #135,289 of 177,745
Borderline mindf**k levels of scary, uncanny valley and all that spooky schiit. That stark red in contrast with the greys and whites of everything else is also unnerving.

Yeah, I remember seeing the demo of this...I'm gonna get it and play it with my sister, who seems to be pretty hardened to this stuff. Seriously; she's played through Slenderman: The Arrival at the hardest setting and didn't flinch. God knows how I would've reacted to that even on Easy. Yeah, I'm a p'y, a chicken, and a wuss.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #135,290 of 177,745
Yeah, I remember seeing the demo of this...I'm gonna get it and play it with my sister, who seems to be pretty hardened to this stuff. Seriously; she's played through Slenderman: The Arrival at the hardest setting and didn't flinch. God knows how I would've reacted to that even on Easy. Yeah, I'm a p'y, a chicken, and a wuss.

Slender isn't exactly spooky, it's just ambience and the jumpscares, play it a few times and it's suddenly not all that scary anymore. I'm guess if your sister played through it on the hardest setting it means she has already won several times, in which case it's more of a test of skill to dodge and evade the Slenderman than a scare trip. Don't worry, when it first came out I ask one of my friends to play it with my TH600s on the bigscreen TV with the lights off..... She wouldn't speak to me for a week. Worth it.

Do that, headphones, lights dimmed or low.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #135,291 of 177,745
Slender isn't exactly spooky, it's just ambience and the jumpscares, play it a few times and it's suddenly not all that scary anymore. I'm guess if your sister played through it on the hardest setting it means she has already won several times, in which case it's more of a test of skill to dodge and evade the Slenderman than a scare trip. Don't worry, when it first came out I ask one of my friends to play it with my TH600s on the bigscreen TV with the lights off..... She wouldn't speak to me for a week. Worth it.

Do that, headphones, lights dimmed or low.

Are we talking about Slenderman, or Neverending Nightmares? If it's the latter, I'm all for it. If we're still talking Slendy...oh f'k me.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #135,292 of 177,745
Are we talking about Slenderman, or Neverending Nightmares? If it's the latter, I'm all for it. If we're still talking Slendy...oh f'k me.

Nightmares. It's not jumpscares but more of a downward spiral of insanity. So ambience and getting into it makes a much better experience.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #135,293 of 177,745

Damn this is good.

and there are times where 3L sounds real cute 
biggrin.gif

Don't start the Touhou Vocal party without me!

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #135,294 of 177,745
Nightmares. It's not jumpscares but more of a downward spiral of insanity. So ambience and getting into it makes a much better experience.

Ooh, insanity. I always savour the downward spiral for some reason. It really adds a dark note to character development and stuff like that. I'm stoked on getting Nightmares, and might get it tonight if I can. If not, then I'm getting it tomorrow -- which just so happens to be Halloween.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #135,296 of 177,745
Holy! Is that the predator-esque game where it's 4v1 and the 1 has to survive early on to grow and them hunt the 4 in turn?

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #135,298 of 177,745
Shirobako is such a well hidden gem. Love how it doesn't sugar glaze everything yet doesn't make the whole thing a depressing hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back