「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #134,491 of 177,745
It's like, the single largest thread here!

Can we change it to Otaku-Fi already? :p

NO.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-30/miyazaki/the-problem-with-the-anime-industry-is-it-full-of-otaku

I think I saw some other DAC that used FGPA as well. I can't recall what it was though... Maybe the Yggdrasil?

The one of all the rage these days is the Chord Hugo. Not much better than the Geek Out, honestly.

I'm not sure if Yggdrasil has it or not. I thought they were designing a ladder DAC, but I haven't been following the DSD/PCM is teh bestest thing evaaaah flame war, I mean the Yggy thread, so I have no idea.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #134,494 of 177,745
  Get Eve in here :wink:

Where is she anyway? Oh right, college. 

Always lurking though :D.

Doing metal welding in college. Much fun. 
It's interesting.. I guess for art colleges, everything is pass/fail. Well, it is our work that is supposed to do the talking. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #134,495 of 177,745

That's bad, but it t's same that saying "The problem of the gaming industry is the gamers" what really doesn't make much sense if you think....

True, but Miyazaki is basically a legend in the Japanese animation scene. You don't see an equally respectable person saying the same thing but for the gaming industry; usually you see that on CoD/Salmon/Tilapia threads or something. : p

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #134,496 of 177,745
You all are terrible horrible people. Gamers and Otaku are the worst humans there are already, imagine what you get when someone identifies as BOTH. You get the downfall of society, that's what you get.

This thread is like ground zero of the apocalypse, we're all gonna die thanks to you. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

Its all fun and games and cute girls doing cute things until your skin falls off due to the fallout.

This dance summons the demons.... FYI!

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #134,497 of 177,745
@Creato938 How to Multi-quote:

1. Click on the "Multi" button bottom-right of each post you wish to reply to. 
2. Click on "Post a reply" bottom left below the last post on the page. All the quotes will be in the Reply window for you.

Multiple posts in a row, each with a single quote in them is considered spamming.

smile.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #134,498 of 177,745

NO.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-30/miyazaki/the-problem-with-the-anime-industry-is-it-full-of-otaku

I think I saw some other DAC that used FGPA as well. I can't recall what it was though... Maybe the Yggdrasil?

The one of all the rage these days is the Chord Hugo. Not much better than the Geek Out, honestly.

I'm not sure if Yggdrasil has it or not. I thought they were designing a ladder DAC, but I haven't been following the DSD/PCM is teh bestest thing evaaaah flame war, I mean the Yggy thread, so I have no idea.

It's just funny how a small company thinks all the chip designers can't make a good DAC chip and haven't experimented with different DAC designs.

So grab a few FPGAs DIY it and say how awesome it is, that is without any detailed datasheet coming with it. Audiophile market as a whole, more expensive automatically is better to them... Giving them technical terms that average audiophile have no idea what is does of also helps!

I am not going into buying in expensive DAC, a good enough DAC is good enough and makes next to no difference compare to changing amps.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #134,499 of 177,745

Microsoft Surface? I always hear good things about them, but being an i5 hybrid tablet, they tend to get hot. But hey, at least my friend can play dota on his tablet.
Cheap alternative is the ASUS transformer, though someone mentioned their Windows features are limited, but never tested it myself.
And the Lenovo Yogas are also killing wallet.
Only super cheap option I could think of is buying a used Thinkpad X60/61, replace dem HDD with SSD and voila!

Currently considering the Lenovo Flex 2-14, or the Asus Transformer TP300LA which has an i5. Hmmm, further research is required

Or a Switch 10 if I really decide to cheap out on it

Hmm, well my Transformer T100 is still holding up and doing quite well.

What's it with Chinese people and talking loudly on the phone late at night!?

mad.gif

I know that feel too bro.

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm thinking if he hasn't even seen the series, why would he bother going to the movie?

I only watched part of love live and was meh about it...

Yup! You gotta come up and try this drink some day man! :D

Hopefully I'll remember that thing next time I'm at an appropriate restaurant that sells it and I'll give it a try!

Lol. Yeah, Thai curry is indeed quite good. Speaking of curry, we ought to go back to Katsu burger sometime!!!

Yeah, naked pandas!!!

I've gone to Washington D.C many times! I pass it on my way down to Virginia! But yeah, I do want to come one day and get some Naked Pandas

Oh har har har... -_-

You really should come up here though!

Why limit yourself to only balanced armatures? Xiaomi Piston is pretty darn good for $20 and the Aurisonic Rockets sound pretty great as well for $250, both of which have dynamic drivers. I have yet to hear a balanced armature in-ear earphone that I like on the other hand, apart from the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor.

I said abut BA drivers because it really amazes me and i want to experience it, but dynamic are good too, so any kind of driver would me me satisfied...

At $80, the only BA IEM I can think of is the ADDIEM, which was pretty decent once you add a resistor, but like miceblue said, pretty much all BAs universally suck. Especially cheap junk that uses TWFK drivers.

I cant believe that there is such an huge otaku page in headfi.org !

Coooooooooooool !

Welcome!

Seriously dude, please use multi-quotes. Please.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #134,500 of 177,745
You all are terrible horrible people. Gamers and Otaku are the worst humans there are already, imagine what you get when someone identifies as BOTH. You get the downfall of society, that's what you get.

This thread is like ground zero of the apocalypse, we're all gonna die thanks to you. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

Its all fun and games and cute girls doing cute things until your skin falls off due to the fallout.

This dance summons the demons.... FYI!

That's funny actually

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #134,501 of 177,745
  @Creato938 How to Multi-quote:

2. Click on "Post a reply" bottom left below the last post on the page. All the quotes will be in the Reply window for you.

Multiple posts in a row, each with a single quote in them is considered spamming.

smile.gif

I know, i just can't organise myself like that, becomes a freaking big mess :frowning2:

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #134,502 of 177,745
It's just funny how a small company thinks all the chip designers can't make a good DAC chip and haven't experimented with different DAC designs.

So grab a few FPGAs DIY it and say how awesome it is, that is without any detailed datasheet coming with it. Audiophile market as a whole, more expensive automatically is better to them... Giving them technical terms that average audiophile have no idea what is does of also helps!

I am not going into buying in expensive DAC, a good enough DAC is good enough and makes next to no difference compare to changing amps.

True true, and I completely agree.

The only DACs I've purchased for sound quality were the E7, which doesn't actually sound all that great compared to the Retina MacBook Pro's headphone out, and the ODAC. The other DACs I have were mainly about the form factor and features (Geek Out for portable DAC/amp without the need for extra cables and doodads and plays back all sampling rates, Geek Pulse for inputs/outputs and playing back all sampling rates). The differences between DACs in my experience is pretty minimal.

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #134,504 of 177,745
  Always lurking though :D.

Doing metal welding in college. Much fun. 
It's interesting.. I guess for art colleges, everything is pass/fail. Well, it is our work that is supposed to do the talking. 

Nice!

I wish College of Engineering was pass/fail LOL!

The offer was sent through their e-mail newsletter. If you're interested, I can forward it to you.

Thanks Micey!

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #134,505 of 177,745

That's bad, but it t's same that saying "The problem of the gaming industry is the gamers" what really doesn't make much sense if you think....

You are now misogynist, and cishet $hitlord oppressing patriarchal neckbeard manbaby.

At least that's what gaming "journalists" are telling me what I am.

@Creato938
 How to Multi-quote:

:smile:

I know, i just can't organise myself like that, becomes a freaking big mess :frowning2:

No excuses .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back