「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #123,706 of 177,745
There is a new Distant Worlds CD coming out btw
popcorn.gif

http://www.amazon.com/New-World-intimate-music-FANTASY/dp/B00MJ3LPNM

Wow, PSP roms are super small. Let's see if I can get this thing to work.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #123,707 of 177,745
I don't have a gaming PC unfortunately, otherwise I'd be all over the Souls ports. It's pretty hilarious that Durante of GAF had to personally mod the PC Souls games to run at 1080P lol. Damn From... Don't know what they were thinking.

I'm looking forward to Zelda U most, then MGS V. Can't wait for an open world Zelda. It bums me out so very much that Robin won't be around to do the commercials for Zelda when the time comes :frowning2:

Edit - New Distant Worlds?! Oh shiieeetttt! Is there a track listing?

Also learned that Silent Hill has apparently been rebooted with Kojima and Del Toro at the helm? Craziness

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #123,708 of 177,745
It's where Ivalice comes from IIRC. And there's a few cameos from other games (I think the ones set in the same world, that includes characters and classes), CG movies, newer translation, probably a few additional missions and items, higher difficulty (I think, I read now somewhere that it's harder on the PSP because the western version of the original was made easier? No idea if it's true) and multiplayer.

Also introduced slowdown during spells (YMMV - for some it's enough to prefer the PSX version, some don't mind it, or at least don't mind it that much. It's fixed with a fan patch anyway, but I'm not sure if it works on emu since on the PSP you use the livepatch plugin and not sure if you can patch the ISO directly or if you can just use plugins) and I think it stretches the screen, which is strange - it's not simple 4:3 to 16:9, but like they both widened the view normally and stretched it a bit (or I remember wrong). Also, fixed some bugs people liked to exploit.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #123,709 of 177,745
I don't have a gaming PC unfortunately, otherwise I'd be all over the Souls ports. It's pretty hilarious that Durante of GAF had to personally mod the PC Souls games to run at 1080P lol. Damn From... Don't know what they were thinking.

I'm looking forward to Zelda U most, then MGS V. Can't wait for an open world Zelda. It bums me out so very much that Robin won't be around to do the commercials for Zelda when the time comes
frown.gif

My "gaming" PC is pretty good, but I didn't budget for a graphics card and... I failed really hard. XD

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #123,710 of 177,745

I'm looking forward to Zelda U most, then MGS V. Can't wait for an open world Zelda. It bums me out so very much that Robin won't be around to do the commercials for Zelda when the time comes
frown.gif

*raises hand* I have a gaming PC!

*lowers head in shame* ...but it is a small laptop and overheats too easily.

I am also a big fan of everything that is Zelda and Metal Gear.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #123,711 of 177,745
Edit - New Distant Worlds?! Oh shiieeetttt! Is there a track listing?

Not that I know. Release date isn't too far away.

It's where Ivalice comes from IIRC. And there's a few cameos from other games (I think the ones set in the same world, that includes characters and classes), CG movies, newer translation, probably a few additional missions and items, higher difficulty (I think, I read now somewhere that it's harder on the PSP because the western version of the original was made easier? No idea if it's true) and multiplayer.

Also introduced slowdown during spells (YMMV - for some it's enough to prefer the PSX version, some don't mind it, or at least don't mind it that much. It's fixed with a fan patch anyway, but I'm not sure if it works on emu since on the PSP you use the livepatch plugin and not sure if you can patch the ISO directly or if you can just use plugins) and I think it stretches the screen, which is strange - it's not simple 4:3 to 16:9, but like they both widened the view normally and stretched it a bit (or I remember wrong). Also, fixed some bugs people liked to exploit.

Nice!

Works like a charm :wink:
No noteworthy slowdowns or glitches so far.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #123,713 of 177,745

...And the reason I did not know this is because there doesn't seem to be a projected release date, thus, it isn't listed on VGMdb.

From their Facebook page:

*Breaking News* A new recording. A new experience. A New World: intimate music from FINAL FANTASY Live in London on sale AUG 22!

:p

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #123,717 of 177,745
Oh my God.

OH
MY
GOD

O H M Y G O D
H

M
Y

G
O
D

*fangirling.gif*

Haha inorite? It's so bat**** insane you can't help but flip out. Team Silent may never reconvene but this is just craziness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back