「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #123,691 of 177,744

That reminds me...I played Final Fantasy XIII for well over 100 hours, but didn't get close to maxing everything out. I couldn't even defeat the Adamantoise (basically the largest, most powerful turtle elephant monster in the game, lol), though I could easily defeat anything else. I didn't research many strategies for that one, though.

I guess that's cool, but I never got into the Pokémon games. My brother used to collect the cards.

I have over 3000 Yu-Gi-Oh! cards from when I was a kid. Good times...

I have 350+ hours and I'm not maxed out, I only have 3 ultimate weapons.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #123,692 of 177,744
  I played through Final Fantasy IX again earlier this year and didn't get anywhere close to level 99 when I beat Ozma, Hades, etc., so I can imagine how empty life must feel at that level. (I haven't leveled up that high in that game for many years.)

Don't waste your time on that.
Play some Dark Souls! I think you would have a lot of fun with this game.

I'm one of those only 151 are good people. Mainly because I got old and didn't want to keep track not find like 500 Pokemon. When there are that many, it starts being just an exercise of copy paste and their uniqueness isn't what it used to be.

You don't have to keep track of them. Not necessary at all.
It's not really copy paste that's the issue here. Some of the new designs are just a bit boring.
I still like all generations though :3
Each one of the has good and bad designs. Not a single one is clearly better than another one.

Or like 5 to 10 bucks for a physical PSP copy. Although he doesn't have a PSP, if I remember correctly.

Is the PSP version different from the PS1 version?
If not, I could just boot up my good old emulator :p

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #123,693 of 177,744
No I'm not :frowning2:

My favorite Final Fantasy game is FF Tactics Advanced 2. That says a lot.

Yes! Let's talk Pokeman instead!

Favorite game? Are you one of these "Only the first 151 Pokemon are good!"-guys?

Well that would probably be my favorite too, actually.

And as far as Pokemon goes, second generation is where it's at for me. Those games were gold. First game I ever played, so it's bound to hold a special place in my heart.
When I was a youngster (6 I believe) I got a GBC with Pokemon Silver. Learned to speak English through that game. Had so many Pokemon at lv 100.

Those were the times man, those were the times.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #123,694 of 177,744
I have 350+ hours and I'm not maxed out, I only have 3 ultimate weapons.

Good lord....that is what I call dedication :|

I have 280 hours in Binding of Isaac (♥) and around 240 in Skyrim.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #123,695 of 177,744
Or like 5 to 10 bucks for a physical PSP copy. Although he doesn't have a PSP, if I remember correctly.

Is the PSP version different from the PS1 version? If not, I could just boot up my good old emulator :p

I own Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions, which is basically an updated version of the original PS1 game. If purchased as a digital download, it can also be played on a PS Vita.

Alright, I'm off to listen to my favorite Dark Tranquillity album, Character!

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #123,696 of 177,744
Well that would probably be my favorite too, actually.

And as far as Pokemon goes, second generation is where it's at for me. Those games were gold. First game I ever played, so it's bound to hold a special place in my heart.
When I was a youngster (6 I believe) I got a GBC with Pokemon Silver. Learned to speak English through that game. Had so many Pokemon at lv 100.

Those were the times man, those were the times.

beerchug.gif

I see what you did there....
Yeah I guess Pokemon Silver is the one I spent the most time on. Not really sure why though....
Say what you want but my favorite game is Pokemon X/Y. Not necessarily because of the new Pokemon.
I guess this will change once the reboot of Gold and Silver comes out :wink:

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #123,697 of 177,744
Aug 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #123,699 of 177,744
  Duuuuude! War of the Lions also takes place in Ivalice?!
I'll buy it right now.
Or rather download a PSP emulator since I don't own a PSP :|

Hmm...I was going to pace back and forth while getting high on soda and listening to this album, but looks like I'm here to stay!

I didn't realize you weren't familiar with the original/updated Tactics. It looks cooler on the Vita, in my opinion. I wish all the PSP games were playable on PS3/PS4!

The Tactics soundtrack is pretty good as well. I have the 2006 reprint, which I'm guessing has nicer packaging than the 1997 pressing.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #123,700 of 177,744
  I like to wander around in RPG's, so I usually get sidetracked and jack up my playtimes.

Off memory, I have 1100 hours of Skyrim on my Xbox 360, 200 hours on PS3 and about 5 hours on PC.

That is insane. i have no clue how you got over 1300 hours of entertainment out of that game. Seriously.
I played it for maybe 240 hours with mods and still remember most quests and locations.
Wow.

Hmm...I was going to pace back and forth while getting high on soda and listening to this album, but looks like I'm here to stay!

I didn't realize you weren't familiar with the original/updated Tactics. It looks cooler on the Vita, in my opinion. I wish all the PSP games were playable on PS3/PS4!

No no, don't mind us! Do your soda thing.

I only played the two games for the DS. Loved them to bits. I'm really eager to see why this PSP game is rated higher than Tactics Advanced 2.

You seriously should take a look at the Dark Souls games :wink:

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #123,701 of 177,744
I used to have multiple save files before the fights with Emerald and Ruby Weapon, just to try out tons of fun techniques. You can't rely on just one against them.

I relied on just one, until it worked.
Half of going into a battle not fully equipped to win is luck of the draw on the AI attacks.

Have you played your digital download of Tactics yet? I think the level of customization and being able to use different strategies might just be up your alley.

A certain spikey haired protagonist of the silent variety may or may not be in it :D

Don't waste your time on that.

Play some Dark Souls! I think you would have a lot of fun with this game.

You don't have to keep track of them. Not necessary at all.

It's not really copy paste that's the issue here. Some of the new designs are just a bit boring.

I still like all generations though :3

Each one of the has good and bad designs. Not a single one is clearly better than another one.

Is the PSP version different from the PS1 version?

If not, I could just boot up my good old emulator :p

I guess. Personally, I'd like them to just start fresh in "new lands" with a new 150 Pokemon to enjoy, then you don't feel the overlap as much and can fall in love all over again instead of trying to relive the past while moving into the future.

The PSP version has completely reworked translation, which i, and apparently just I, thought was too verbose and too much an attempt to sound medieval; a new dungeon, and like some new weapons. The mobile/tablet versions are this PSP version.

Play the PS1 version with no regrets.
It's of a more mature and serious nature than the DS games.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #123,702 of 177,744
Wish I had the time to get into the Souls games. I have Demon's and what I played was enjoyable. It's a bit janky and ruthless at times and what I played of Dark was tainted by horrible framerates unfortunately. If they remaster them for PS4 I'd consider playing them thru

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #123,704 of 177,744
No no, don't mind us! Do your soda thing.
I only played the two games for the DS. Loved them to bits. I'm really eager to see why this PSP game is rated higher than Tactics Advanced 2.

You seriously should take a look at the Dark Souls games :wink:

I'm doing all but the pacing now anyway. XD

I would imagine that the original Tactics is the highest-rated one, but never looked that up.

I'll keep them in mind for when I get new games.

I relied on just one, until it worked.
Half of going into a battle not fully equipped to win is luck of the draw on the AI attacks.

Have you played your digital download of Tactics yet? I think the level of customization and being able to use different strategies might just be up your alley.

A certain spikey haired protagonist of the silent variety may or may not be in it
biggrin.gif

I liked trying all kinds of crazy techniques. It's more fun that way. There are YouTube videos of people beating Ruby Weapon with just a low-level Tifa and some inventive item combinations.

I played it years ago. (Sold all my handheld consoles years ago too.)

lol, I know all about Cloud and Aeris' cameo appearances in Tactics. I played the PS1 game a lot back in the day.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #123,705 of 177,744
Wish I had the time to get into the Souls games. I have Demon's and what I played was enjoyable. It's a bit janky and ruthless at times and what I played of Dark was tainted by horrible framerates unfortunately. If they remaster them for PS4 I'd consider playing them thru

The PC versions of Dark Souls 1 and 2 are the real deal. 1080p and 60fps ♥
There are so so many things I love about the Souls games.
This is why I'm even more hyped for Bloodborne :D

Currently my second most anticipated game. Number one is Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back