「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #123,002 of 177,745
I need to prepare a new gfx card to run Occulus Rift game when the final version comes out. Hopefully it will be quiet like my current one.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #123,003 of 177,745
I need to prepare a new gfx card to run Occulus Rift game when the final version comes out. Hopefully it will be quiet like my current one.

That thing isn't coming out anytime soon afaik.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #123,004 of 177,745
Gifs are lame.
We should use this thing instead.

http://sketchtoy.com/62546197

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #123,005 of 177,745

Oculus is still in development of the technology, i guess you will have plenty of time to get a new graphics card that is more powerful than an IBM supercomputer by the time Oculus releases their VR headset.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #123,006 of 177,745
  Dayum.... a little omnious?

Obviously the majority of the times this will come up for them is in putting your 'works' into their magazines/ads/videos without a constant need to get approval.

But there  will be those rare eggs and times in where they practically jack your idea possibly.

It seems that these terms seem to include the entire 3-5 year period you will be a student there and even if you do it outside of the class, and during the summer...

Quote:
  The majority of people who READ it you mean 
biggrin.gif
. Lots of peple just sign schiit. 

Gonna be devils advocate here. If I was CU. I would make this diclosure LONG and boring as hell with lots of redundant terminology. If legal, probably place it as a 'combined' sign thing that students sign to waive everything. Allows for student to sign multiple waivers, make packets uber thick, and make sure that 99.999% never read it. Depending on state laws or how it would hold up in court, they can change it to another form. Courts in the U.S have legal proceedings that sometimes rely on 'common sense'. And so CU may lose a court battle if the judge finds such packets with multiple schiit to be clear evidence of not letting students know. And if so. CU could once again, make an ultra thick stupid redundant disclosure packet. However this time soley based off just this one waiver. Put a lot of marketing and plausable deniability in the title that alludes to being a waiver. Yet market-fying and studentfying the cover with happy smiling students in their college setting and CU arts in the background as they sit and have lunch with their multi cultural friends. Such independent packets on a topic generally (from what I can tell based off my internetz wisdom) hold up in court slightly better as single packets on a disclosure generally....are in a way can be attested to be negligence on the students own part if they sign it. 

Anyway. As a devils advocate. I will have to say bad move Cooper Union. Hide that schiit deep so people won't notice it. Obviously a paragraph paper being very blunt will get a lot of people worried. 

On the general student side view. **** You to schools that do this. 

Great posts!

Yea, I'm surprised places don't hide it within mounds of boilerplate. Makes me feel like there are laws which require it to be separate or at least precedent that will not side with the originator of the agreement if it's clearly meant to deceive the signer. 

And the legal system, at least in the US, is moving toward requirements that any contract to be signed without an attorney present should be in language that is easily enough understandable by the common consumer.

I'm one of those people that go through all these consumer agreements they are presented with. But honestly after reading enough of them, you can pretty much easily tell what you can skim and what you should really slow down and read. Went through the most recent PS3 software update contract in like 3-4 minutes, which is not exactly a huge inconvenience for piece of mind when (digitally) signing a legal contract.

Haha thanks. Yea, NYC. (no offense to New Yorkers though, but California is still more comfortable)

Admin there is a mess really. Since all those student protests over free tuition and the more recent lawsuit attempt, I guess they're trying to crack down on stuff. The thing is, they say signing that document is a prerequisite for course selection (which doesn't matter since our foundation year is decided already) ... but this isn't the first time the admin has tried to BS it's way trying to make people sign stuff. Apparently everyone has to sign it, but this year's was more ominously worded. I prob won't sign it until it gets revised.
Haha this was their response 

but still... looks like a majority of the new students don't want to sign it, so we'll see how it goes from there.

No offense taken lol, I'm sure you're probably right. Going to california is something i'll probably do sooner than later. never been.

Admin at like all schools is messy. If you ever have a problem, don't even hesitate to ask to speak with a supervisor, or the supervisors supervisor.

Wait, tuition? I thought CU covered tuition? No more?

Try to hold off signing it and see if they notice... is what i'd probably do lol. If things are as messy as you say, they might not be on top of it.

Also, as a fellow NYer (ahem 
wink.gif
 you know who you are for this windy face) , allow me to extend a warm welcome and let me know if you need anything!

lol, I edited the post with another version that looks/sounds a little better. If I added the Internet bit, it would be too much text at the top.

yea. no i was just saying i've seen it before in a different format. i found it for archival purposes 
tongue.gif

Drones are amazing, but they became illegal to fly in various places in the world :frowning2:

I don't know why but i don't like calling these drones. I don't know when this started, i blame the military, but these are high end remote control toys. You don't put a camera on a remote control helicopter and call it a drone, but all of a sudden you add a few propellors and its a drone. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #123,009 of 177,745

Why Samsung even locked away VT-x? it's a really nice feature.

No idea but I need it to run 64-bit virtual machines. You need VT-x for VirtualBox to let you make virtual machines from what I can tell (or AMD's virtualization extensions, which I don't remember what it's called). Even with VT-x enabled though I don't know if I need more than 4GB of RAM for the machine since my ATIV Book 9 only has 4GB (which is bare minimum for 64-bit OS).

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #123,011 of 177,745
I don't know why but i don't like calling these drones. I don't know when this started, i blame the military, but these are high end remote control toys. You don't put a camera on a remote control helicopter and call it a drone, but all of a sudden you add a few propellors and its a drone. 
rolleyes.gif

Phantom DJi is one of the best out there and is pretty much a drone in it's features, it can auto stabilize, despite the wind, had GPS so can return to it's base and can carry a M4/3 with safety, i don't know about DSLRs.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #123,012 of 177,745
  No idea but I need it to run 64-bit virtual machines. You need VT-x for VirtualBox to let you make virtual machines from what I can tell (or AMD's virtualization extensions, which I don't remember what it's called). Even with VT-x enabled though I don't know if I need more than 4GB of RAM for the machine since my ATIV Book 9 only has 4GB (which is bare minimum for 64-bit OS).

I guess VT-x wouldn't do much good to you, since you have only 4GB, but yeah, 64-bit makes everything better in the end, there gotta be a way to enable it. :frowning2:

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #123,014 of 177,745

What are you currently running nyaa?

On the Asus 660Ti, the cooler on it is superb.

Occulus Rift is closer than you think, DK1 was not great but with DK2 shipping. It is bound to happen. I am guessing 1.5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back