「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #121,547 of 177,746
I don't get why people are putting obese bumpers on their obese phones to make it even more obese.

'MERICA!

...to protect it in the smallest and non-intrusive way possible?

The clear plastic cases or small silicolne wraps won't do. The gimiccky leather style ones....won't either. And the uber thick cases are a no no. 

How about no case? We've had a discussion about all of this already. : p

Hm, does anyone know of a free program in OS X that can edit album artwork of FLAC files? Sometimes EAC doesn't embed the album artwork.

On Windows, you can simply use Mp3tag.

I use XACT for all my tagging work :wink:

Ooooooh that! I used that back in Mac OS Leopard days. I totally forgot about that. : )

I haven't used it recently, but isn't it a converter instead of a tagger? I use sbooth's Tag app for FLAC, but it doesn't handle album art and it uses some unconventional tags (DESCRIPTION vs COMMENT, TRACKTOTAL vs TOTALTRACK, etc.)

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #121,548 of 177,746
  Should I find myself with new employment soon I may have to spring for one of the OnePlus Ones. You know, I gotta keep my cred if I'm on the west coast. I hear a lot of you west coast people swear by Android.

Of course, I'd still own an iPhone too. :p

lol. East Coast street cred is where it is at. ...ya know...da hood and all that. 

The problem isn't buying one but getting an invite 
biggrin.gif
 Thanks to Unity that is. 
Ooooooh that! I used that back in Mac OS Leopard days. I totally forgot about that. : )

I haven't used it recently, but isn't it a converter instead of a tagger? I use sbooth's Tag app for FLAC, but it doesn't handle album art and it uses some unconventional tags (DESCRIPTION vs COMMENT, TRACKTOTAL vs TOTALTRACK, etc.)

ONE PRUS ONE THOUGH

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #121,549 of 177,746
BTW, do you have any 1+1 invites?

Just get the Oppo Find 7a; it's essentially the exact same phone, minus the invite and Cyanogenmod BS. Plus, it's made by a manufacturer who makes audiophile grade headphones!

Even take a look at their specs:

• 5.5" 1080p IPS display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Adreno 400 GPU
  • 13 MP back, 5 MP front camera

Really, the only differences (albeit small differences) between the Find 7a and the Oneplus One are:

2.3 GHz vs. 2.5 GHz
2 GB RAM vs. 3 GB RAM
2800 mAh battery vs. 3100 mAh battery
BSI camera sensor vs. CMOS camera sensor
Bluetooth 4.0 vs. Bluetooth 4.1
WiFi a/b/g/n vs. a/b/g/n/ac
MicroSD slot vs. no MicroSD slot

And how much of a price difference is there?? Meh, at that price I'll just go for the G3.

I don't get why people are putting obese bumpers on their obese phones to make it even more obese.

'MERICA!

...to protect it in the smallest and non-intrusive way possible?

The clear plastic cases or small silicolne wraps won't do. The gimiccky leather style ones....won't either. And the uber thick cases are a no no. 

Except IME bumpers don't really add any protection, and they still make your phone fat and ugly. Just roll with your phone naked and if you break it, you'll have an excuse to get another one.
[rule]
Also, after miceblue mentioned her fortune cookie, I thought I'd share one my cousin got tonight at dinner:

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #121,550 of 177,746
Sees 13 pages to catch up on. Nope.

And how much of a price difference is there?? Meh, at that price I'll just go for the G3.

What's the G3?

Speaking about phones. My cheapo cover is literally falling apart on me.

Currently considering the Soft-Tec Wallet.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #121,552 of 177,746

'MERICA!

It's to compensate for the cheap plasticky build. You won't get get because you have a phone that actually has an über high quality build. Steel>aluminum

Should I find myself with new employment soon I may have to spring for one of the OnePlus Ones. You know, I gotta keep my cred if I'm on the west coast. I hear a lot of you west coast people swear by Android.

Of course, I'd still own an iPhone too. :p

"Oneplus One? What's that? Sounds like a kid's phone."

Yep, no case!

Except IME bumpers don't really add any protection, and they still make your phone fat and ugly. Just roll with your phone naked and if you break it, you'll have an excuse to get another one.

Bumpers do provide a reasonable amount of protection; more so than a plastic case of similar form factor. Metal bumper cases have foam cushion on the inside to absorb shock as well.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #121,553 of 177,746

To answer my own question, yes it can just tag files. Yay~

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #121,554 of 177,746
Sees 13 pages to catch up on. Nope.
What's the G3?

Speaking about phones. My cheapo cover is literally falling apart on me.

Currently considering the Soft-Tec Wallet.

LG G3. LG's cheap-feeling excuse for a flagship.

LOL
That sounds painful for guys. :x

I just dropped my phone twice on the wood floor. Still in 1 piece, no case was used. : p

I feel sorry for your wood floor.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #121,555 of 177,746
  I've seen Clannad AS though? It's one of my favorite series. But the spoilered anime was another one that someone posted about yesterday. Akuma no Riddle. Forgot who posted the spoiler and don't wanna go back to check. 

I think that was me.. don't really think that post actually spoiled anything important though =_=

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #121,558 of 177,746
Aug 2, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #121,559 of 177,746
Also, after @miceblue mentioned her fortune cookie, I thought I'd share one my cousin got tonight at dinner:

The Find 7a isn't readilly available for purchase in the USA. Most places show it as being shaddilly offered at $650 USD. 

With schittier specs than the OPO and almost double its price 
biggrin.gif
. The only thing noteworthy is that the Find 7a has micro SD it seems. But.....this is even with me using the $350 64GB OPO as an comparison. And at that point. Very few people will care for the micro SD imo. 
  I think that was me.. don't really think that post actually spoiled anything important though =_=

If so, that makes me happy 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #121,560 of 177,746
Also, after @miceblue mentioned her fortune cookie, I thought I'd share one my cousin got tonight at dinner:

The Find 7a isn't readilly available for purchase in the USA. Most places show it as being shaddilly offered at $650 USD. 

With schittier specs than the OPO and almost double its price 
biggrin.gif
. The only thing noteworthy is that the Find 7a has micro SD it seems. But.....this is even with me using the $350 64GB OPO as an comparison. And at that point. Very few people will care for the micro SD imo. 

Such a high spec'd phone at such a low price from a manufacturer that materialized out of nowhere selling phones using an invite system to ensure a supply greatly outnumbered by demand makes me think Oneplus must be cutting a lot of corners to be able to afford it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back