「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #121,532 of 177,746
Also speaking of phones, in China looks like everyone uses phablets. But these ones are scary big. Much larger than the Note 3. I suspect they might be Huawei phones? Haven't really looked into it in detail.

Yep, in China, there are a lot of 6"+ brandless devices that have quite acceptable hardware. Huawei has a few too; one of them being the Ascend Mate.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #121,533 of 177,746
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #121,534 of 177,746
  I see, so it's even less related to each other than the Samsung that makes smartphones and the Samsung that makes microwaves. But still, being licensed under the same name still counts for something, right? These days, a brand name makes up a large part of a product.

I only have 2 GB RAM on my S4, and have never pushed it to the limit, even with several apps open. Software efficiency is just as important as the hardware capabilites!

The availability thing is hard to equate, so if you take away the invite, the price difference is at most $100-$150. 

Also, nice ninja edit with bolding that paragraph.

In a way yes. However your analogy isn't all that correct as Samsung is a multi-national conglomerate and those are just seperate entity departments. 

This is more like Mcdonalds and Mcdolands Franchises and other franchising options. 

Brand name.....sure it could mean something. But in your original quote, you noted it to be of something made by the same company. Of which in this case, isn't all that true. OPPO Digital and OPPO Electronics are only slightly affiliated. 

3GB is more of a way to future proof as OS's and hardrooted applications become larger, better etc. 

But the thing is, the invite is what matters to many people here. Without the invite, the $650 7a is very unnatractive compared to a like priced black-market OPO

The fact that I could pretty much get a superior phone 64GB for $360 thanks to the invite is big enough. Not to mention, OnePlus is increasing the invites given out and moving by stacks. 

Also....I should be getting invites soon I believe. Anyone that purchased an OPO will get invites given after a set date or something. I'll have to ask family first, but if they don't bite or I have extras left. I'll put Mechy at the top of the list for one to give to so that she won't have to debate the $650 Find 7A 
rolleyes.gif

Also speaking of phones, in China looks like everyone uses phablets. But these ones are scary big. Much larger than the Note 3. I suspect they might be Huawei phones? Haven't really looked into it in detail.

Chinese people like size. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #121,535 of 177,746
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #121,536 of 177,746
  Tempered glass+aluminum bumper case has also been my smartphone setup for a few years.

Check out my threads on aluminum bumper cases and tempered glass screen protectors, too!

Just did a quick read through them. Nice stuff

But the review on the OPO aluminum case (much thinner than the ones in your pictures) note that there was no signal loss, wifi/3G/4G loss or NFC issues with using them. 

And it seems thin enough in where thick jacks should work as well.

The one I bought is one of the most popular ones for the OPO. Mainly as it protects it as it slightly proctrudes over the phones build itself. While still being minimal and beautiful. 

But ....... I never said I was going to seriously listen to music on them did I?

I'd rather use USB OTG that the OPO features and is known to work with FiiO stuff on and use the Bluetooth headphones I have 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #121,539 of 177,746
Not very amusing Pimp My Ride reference?

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #121,540 of 177,746
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #121,543 of 177,746
I don't get why people are putting obese bumpers on their obese phones to make it even more obese.

'MERICA!

...to protect it in the smallest and non-intrusive way possible?

The clear plastic cases or small silicolne wraps won't do. The gimiccky leather style ones....won't either. And the uber thick cases are a no no. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #121,544 of 177,746
Hm, does anyone know of a free program in OS X that can edit album artwork of FLAC files? Sometimes EAC doesn't embed the album artwork.

On Windows, you can simply use Mp3tag.

I use XACT for all my tagging work :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back