「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #117,946 of 177,745
Reading Lone Wolf and Cub (Kozure Ogami) lately. Pretty good, though the superhuman strength of the protagonist still annoys me. Luckily the incredible art style makes up for it. The historical detail poured into the manga is also really interesting.

Anyone got any more stuff like this? I'm looking for works similar to:

Pluto/20th Century Boys/Monster

JoJo (in particular the later parts)

Akira

Vinland Saga

Vagabond

Kozure Ogami

In short, long sagas without too much shounen BS and featuring a realistic art style. (not the immersion-breaking bland art style of many comic manga)

I still have to read Berserk, so that's one thing.

Two historical epic manga that I love are Ooku and Emperor of the Land of the Rising Sun. Both have very carefully developed characters and plenty of well researched historical details. Neither are action orientated however. There's also the classic Rose of Versailles but the art style and melodrama might not interest you.

+1 on Song of the Long March

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #117,947 of 177,745
Reading Lone Wolf and Cub (Kozure Ogami) lately. Pretty good, though the superhuman strength of the protagonist still annoys me. Luckily the incredible art style makes up for it. The historical detail poured into the manga is also really interesting.

Anyone got any more stuff like this? I'm looking for works similar to:

Pluto/20th Century Boys/Monster

JoJo (in particular the later parts)

Akira

Vinland Saga

Vagabond

Kozure Ogami

In short, long sagas without too much shounen BS and featuring a realistic art style. (not the immersion-breaking bland art style of many comic manga)

I still have to read Berserk, so that's one thing.

Two historical epic manga that I love are Ooku and Emperor of the Land of the Rising Sun. Both have very carefully developed characters and plenty of well researched historical details. Neither are action orientated however. There's also the classic Rose of Versailles but the art style and melodrama might not interest you.

+1 on Song of the Long March

Thanks for the recommendations, but I can't seem to find a scanslation of either of the two you mentioned.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #117,949 of 177,745
  Why not get the s5?

S4 over the S5:

1. Appearance
  2. Size (S4 is perfect for me for single-handed use)
  3. USB port is not covered
  4. USB port is centered
  5. Parts can be replaced without destroying screen assembly
  6. Doesn't have gimmicky hardware that I won't use (fingerprint sensor, heart rate monitor)

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #117,950 of 177,745
Thanks for the recommendations, but I can't seem to find a scanslation of either of the two you mentioned.

Google is your friend, though Emperor is still being scanlated, and Ooku can be bought online.

Nobody's scanslating Oooku according to baka-updates, and Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi (I recon that's the one you mean) is only scanslated up to volume 2.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #117,951 of 177,745
I once starting reading Akumetsu on your recommendation already, and I dropped it after a couple volumes. The strong political flavor constantly ticked me off. I just hate the whole 'all corporations are evil' stuff. But let's not get into that topic any further here.

I have my doubts whether I'll like Shin Angyo Onshi, but it was already on my list to demo.

I've downloaded Gantz and Song of the Long March, but I've got some more promising manga downloaded as well.

Yeah, It was something I wasn't sure if it would suit you.

What other promising ones?

S4 over the S5:

1. Appearance
  4. USB port is centered
  6. Doesn't have gimmicky hardware that I won't use (fingerprint sensor, heart rate monitor)

I guess everyone is different.

I personaly don't care for most of your points as they don't apply to me. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #117,954 of 177,745
  Anyone here know things about SSD's?

Why don't you have one already?

Wikipedia knows more than I do.
tongue.gif

What did you want to know?

whether I should get an M550 or an MX100 
confused_face_2.gif
 All these numbers are confusing

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-benchmark,3269.html

Why not get the s5?

S4 over the S5:

1. Appearance
  4. USB port is centered

The real question is: Why did you go with any of the gazillion phones Samesung makes?

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #117,956 of 177,745
I still can't stand the feel and build of Korean plastic.

.... Especially the Note 3...

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #117,957 of 177,745
Blade of the Immortal
Diotima
Takemitsu Zamurai
Beck
Dorohedoro
Berserk

And some others. Haven't read the majority of stuff in this list:

Onani Master, now that was a good read

Why don't you have one already?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-benchmark,3269.html

The real question is: Why did you go with any of the gazillion phones Samesung makes?

Besides the main line of phones, the S#, the others are for niche users or those that don't know better about how hard they are getting gimped. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back