「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #117,916 of 177,745
  I totally get your point. (But how ironic that the post of yours I saw in the metal thread was about the band Gorguts.) I hate nearly all horror movies for this reason, among others.

Horror anime/manga is somewhat different. The better ones aren't just mindless savagery, but are masterfully subtle about it.

Go and read the lyrics of Colored Sands :D

Oh of course! I watched/read a few once where this kind of gore is used super well and not distasteful at all.
Too bad that for every anime/manga that has this "good" kind of gore/violence, we get ten that use it in a garbage way.

Elfen Lied is one of these mangas/animes that a loooooot of people only read/watch for the gore.
Which is pretty stupid IMO.

Made Thom Yum Gai for lunch.

Oh the joys of vacation. So much free time I can properly cook all of my meals.

Oh the poor mans version of my spirit animal soup!
Or the version for people who don't like shrimps and/or are allergic to them :3

Anyone here know things about SSD's?

SSDs are the future!

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #117,917 of 177,745
Hm, what about anime? I don't read much manga, to be honest.

I hope no one here thinks I'm a sicko. Like I mentioned before, I enjoy adorable stuff just as much.

Nah, manga artists can go crazy with their stuff, not so much when an entire animation crew is involved. Parasyte is a good one to start with.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #117,918 of 177,745
  I hope no one here thinks I'm a sicko. Like I mentioned before, I enjoy adorable stuff just as much.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you haven't listed your favorite ones here yet, have you?

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #117,919 of 177,745
The rabbit show last season was pretty good.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #117,923 of 177,745
  Go and read the lyrics of Colored Sands :D

Oh of course! I watched/read a few once where this kind of gore is used super well and not distasteful at all.
Too bad that for every anime/manga that has this "good" kind of gore/violence, we get ten that use it in a garbage way.

Elfen Lied is one of these mangas/animes that a loooooot of people only read/watch for the gore.
Which is pretty stupid IMO.

Just skimmed the lyrics. "Introspective" is my only comment. Now that you mention it, I'm a Veteran member at Metal Archives and used to type up lyrics for new albums.

If you click the link in my sig, you can read about some of my history, including things related to metal music.

"Pop goes the weasel" is one thought I had while watching Elfen Lied. *Girl walks past person. Person is split in half by invisible hands. Blood gushes out. The end.* Wasn't that shocking, for all the hype. It has a lot more going for it, anyway. The intro theme is artistic, to say the least.

Nah, manga artists can go crazy with their stuff, not so much when an entire animation crew is involved. Parasyte is a good one to start with.

That's what I thought. In some episodes of Blood-C, nearly the entire screen was censored for the television broadcast.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you haven't listed your favorite ones here yet, have you?

I shared a list of all the complete anime series I've seen so far, that's it.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #117,925 of 177,745
How shounen is FMA: Brotherhood and does it have many pointless filler episodes?

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #117,926 of 177,745
That's not much at all.

I know.
frown.gif
There are so many other things in life I keep busy with. I'm more into music than anything else.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #117,928 of 177,745
  How shounen is FMA: Brotherhood and does it have many pointless filler episodes?

If by shounen, you mean "lots of action", well...there's lots of action! Not too much filler. I would recommend it to a stranger for a "if you only watch one anime, watch this one" despite there being 64 episodes.

I would share clips, but I feel the entire show is so good and worth watching through that I don't want to disrespect its magnificence.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #117,929 of 177,745
If by shounen, you mean "lots of action", well...there's lots of action! Not too much filler. I would recommend it to a stranger for a "if you only watch one anime, watch this one" despite there being 64 episodes.

This, I guess.

It's easy to get in if you haven't watched much anime prior. But it's way too shounen for me. Wouldn't easily recommend it to someone who has already watched quite a few anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back