「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #117,901 of 177,745

I enjoyed it so much that I don't care about being judged for it. I know what you mean, though.

Care to elaborate? Not sure if you're generalizing or read through the manga.

Haha I'm still pretty closet about it :D well, anime in general. society's been more accepting these day though. I'll come out one day :D

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #117,902 of 177,745
  Care to elaborate? Not sure if you're generalizing or read through the manga.

I don't say the manga/anime is bad. Never watched it.
It's just that I really don't like gore, over-the-top violence and stuff like this.
To me, it does not add anything to the story (well 90% of the time) and is just there to grab peoples attention.
"Oh look how many hecto-liters of blood comes out of this guy after he got ripped into shreds in a totally stupid way! Spilling guts, gushing eyeballs, limbs flying everywhere....oh the killjoy! You love it!"
That is the same ******* concept that brought us a bazillion SAW parts. Attention grabbing nonsense. Same with oppai **** etc.

To each his/her own...I don't want any of that.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #117,903 of 177,745
  Haha I'm still pretty closet about it :D well, anime in general. society's been more accepting these day though. I'll come out one day :D

I'm going to tag you in a rant I'm writing, as it ties into this.

I don't say the manga/anime is bad. Never watched it.
It's just that I really don't like gore, over-the-top violence and stuff like this.
To me, it does not add anything to the story (well 90% of the time) and is just there to grab peoples attention.
"Oh look how many hecto-liters of blood comes out of this guy after he got ripped into shreds in a totally stupid way! Spilling guts, gushing eyeballs, limbs flying everywhere....oh the killjoy! You love it!"
That is the same ******* concept that brought us a bazillion SAW parts. Attention grabbing nonsense. Same with oppai **** etc.

To each his/her own...I don't want any of that.

I totally get your point. (But how ironic that the post of yours I saw in the metal thread was about the band Gorguts.) I hate nearly all horror movies for this reason, among others.

Horror anime/manga is somewhat different. The better ones aren't just mindless savagery, but are masterfully subtle about it.

For something so demented, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni was the most psychologically stimulating show I've seen.

In the case of the Rosario + Vampire manga, I felt that the action sequences complemented the story quite well, with only a few instances of more extreme content. (Even if you abhor the gore and harem themes, there is also tear-jerking romance and some good comedy. And the anime has very mild violence. I'm not trying to convince you to read/watch it; just being thorough.)

My favorite anime series is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It has everything the average anime fan could ask for, in my opinion: emotionally intense action without a lot of gore, epic soundtrack, character development, compelling way the plot is unraveled, quality animation, etc.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #117,904 of 177,745

An astute observation. I just noticed that your avatar looks sort of like Shion from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. (I know it's not.)

I also tried translating your sig with Google Translate and got "Welcome back, my master! ... Or? For a bath and or? Would you like rice. Were. Tooth?" lol

Reminds me of this from the Rosario + Vampire manga:

Backstory: Kurumu Kurono (a virgin succubus who acts slutty, and the favorite character of myself and the creator) accidentally used her "love charm" on Tsukune Aono (the main male character) and decided to borrow him for a while and play house while he was hypnotized.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Rosario + Vampire isn't just cutesy stuff like this. The manga also contains some of the most gory, freaky violence out there.

Are you sure it doesn't look like Mion?

I think that phrase is pretty famous. Mine's an alteration for a maid x master scenario, but it's usually used in a lovey-dovey wife x husband scenario.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #117,905 of 177,745
  Are you sure it doesn't look like Mion?

I think that phrase is pretty famous. Mine's an alteration for a maid x master scenario, but it's usually used in a lovey-dovey wife x husband scenario.

Haha. Now I'm thinking about a South Park episode.

I put the avatar into Google Images and Project Diva F came up...but the tone of the image brings Shion to mind.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #117,906 of 177,745
I read Rosario + Vampire and tbh it's not all that gory or violent, pretty tame in my book. Battle scenes are well drawn but most of the characters are pretty standard, loli, kudere, tsundere, ditzy airhead, and a Dominatrix, even the enemies are pretty uninspiring, going as far as having a boss named Dracula/Alucard. These days I only read it when I've exhausted all other forms of entertainment.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #117,907 of 177,745
I read Rosario + Vampire and tbh it's not all that gory or violent, pretty tame in my book. Battle scenes are well drawn but most of the characters are pretty standard, loli, kudere, tsundere, ditzy airhead, and a Dominatrix, even the enemies are pretty uninspiring, going as far as having a boss named Dracula/Alucard. These days I only read it when I've exhausted all other forms of entertainment.

Just a few scenes, really. Like this one:

I liked many of the characters and thought the Alucard/Dracula thing made it even cooler. Doesn't have to be completely original, after all.

Blood-C is the most violent anime I've seen. (I consider it to be more graphic than Elfen Lied.) If you think that's tame, I want to see what lurks in the wild pages of your book.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #117,910 of 177,745
I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just started watching Blood-C. I was mistaking it for Blood + in my head till u posted them pics.

How about Mardock Scramble?

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #117,912 of 177,745
  Anyone here know things about SSD's?

Wikipedia knows more than I do.
tongue.gif

What did you want to know?

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #117,913 of 177,745
I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just started watching Blood-C. I was mistaking it for Blood + in my head till u posted them pics.

How about Mardock Scramble?

You have nooo idea what you're in for. Be sure to watch all 12 episodes (the sequel movie is optional) and come back with your impressions! (The English dub had more emotional impact for me. I will post a detailed review eventually.)

If you are referring to the manga scans I just posted, those are from Rosario + Vampire. Blood-C was an afterthought.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #117,914 of 177,745
Just a few scenes, really. Like this one:

I liked many of the characters and thought the Alucard/Dracula thing made it even cooler. Doesn't have to be completely original, after all.

Blood-C is the most violent anime I've seen. (I consider it to be more graphic than Elfen Lied.) If you think that's tame, I want to see what lurks in the wild pages of your book.

Some of the older horror Mangas. I read them when I as 10/11 so hardly anything new these days really hit me as hard. A puppy crawling into a kids mouth and all that uncanny valley stuff. Pretty scary stuff

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #117,915 of 177,745
Some of the older horror Mangas. I read them when I as 10/11 so hardly anything new these days really hit me as hard. A puppy crawling into a kids mouth and all that uncanny valley stuff. Pretty scary stuff

Hm, what about anime? I don't read much manga, to be honest.

I hope no one here thinks I'm a sicko. Like I mentioned before, I enjoy adorable stuff just as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back