「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #117,961 of 177,745

How shounen is FMA: Brotherhood and does it have many pointless filler episodes?

If by shounen, you mean "lots of action", well...there's lots of action! Not too much filler. I would recommend it to a stranger for a "if you only watch one anime, watch this one" despite there being 64 episodes.

I would share clips, but I feel the entire show is so good and worth watching through that I don't want to disrespect its magnificence.

Should I watch it even if I haven't finished the original Full Metal Alchemist? I got kind of bored with FMA and searching for the Sorcerer's Stone or whatever Harry Potter was looking for too.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #117,962 of 177,745
Should I watch it even if I haven't finished the original Full Metal Alchemist? I got kind of bored with FMA and searching for the Sorcerer's Stone or whatever Harry Potter was looking for too.

Brotherhood is an alternative version, not a sequel.

So you people say that Samsung smartphones are bad?
What kind of phones are the cool kids buying nowadays?
Don't tell me the One Plus :p

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #117,963 of 177,745

No. If you don't like the original enough to even finish it, then don't bother with the other one. It's mostly the same anime, albeit a good bit better.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #117,967 of 177,745
Nobody's scanslating Oooku according to baka-updates, and Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi (I recon that's the one you mean) is only scanslated up to volume 2.

Yeah, sorry for Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi you'd have to wait for scanlations or find raws which I did. For Ooku I'd just buy the books or find a library that have it.

Only one manga library in the entire country, and I'm pretty sure they don't have it. Raws would be an option if my Japanese were better. As it is I can read some manga with effort, but I doubt this stuff's something on my level.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #117,968 of 177,745

No. If you don't like the original enough to even finish it, then don't bother with the other one. It's mostly the same anime, albeit a good bit better.

Hm, mmk. I've seen some of the fight scenes on YouTube like with Bleach and One Piece and they look really good compared to what I remember with FMA. XD

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #117,969 of 177,745
No, but I plan to read it soon.

Ahh gatcha
  Brotherhood is an alternative version, not a sequel.

So you people say that Samsung smartphones are bad?
What kind of phones are the cool kids buying nowadays?
Don't tell me the One Plus :p

They aren't bad. The reviews pretty much have it right on them. And unlike most armchair smartphone opinionairs. I actually have the S5.

Its a good flagship, but doesn't really blow anything out of the water. And Samsung is very terrible in its gimmicks. The majority of its 'air' functions and sensors and fingerprint stuff don't work well if at all reliabily. Not to mention that it has native app crashes A LOT, and since it is Android based, it has a LOT of redundant programs that do the same thing.  Basically Android, Samsung, and ATT all loaded apps and there are apps that come with the phone that do the same schiit and is annoying when my mom doesn't know What to use or is going on or why something isn't doing it the same way. 

I've been personally using Android for about 1.5 years now so I'm not an armchair smartphone opinionaire. And my opinion of it is, is that the consumer roots are hella bad. Many of you know this already, but it doesn't make for good compairoins when you talk about a phone and don't include its native OS. Yes, other roots are good, but its not a fair compairson against other companys like Apple when you do that.

And so on a native scale, Android is hella schiit. Samsung, the premier Android smartphone pusher-outers OS barely works. It crashes like hell, and gives you convuleted options that are too many and don't actually do what you want. It also has some slight usability issues in quickly swaping screens, doing other stuff. Hell, half the time, you keep doing and pressing schiit you didn't mean to press. Mainly due to the screen size, and the touch buttons on the bezel.

My rant on Android. iOS isn't perfect as well, but thats a rant for another time.

Cool kids are buying ole Nokias. Duh

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #117,971 of 177,745
I still remember how much the Walmart assosiate was trying to sway me away from getting a iPhone 3G. She keep bringing up a google phone with a slide out keyboard and a scroll ball in the front. Such creaking feels, much girth, very not impressed. I couldn't stop thinking she thought I was such a twig for getting a iPhone. I didn't get it only for the sake of having a iPhone sheesh :confused:

I got to episode 3 BTW but not feeling it. It might be the fact I'm watching using dubs but it's probably just cuz I don't feel like watching anime atm.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #117,972 of 177,745
  And so on a native scale, Android is hella schiit. Samsung, the premier Android smartphone pusher-outers OS barely works. It crashes like hell, and gives you convuleted options that are too many and don't actually do what you want. It also has some slight usability issues in quickly swaping screens, doing other stuff. Hell, half the time, you keep doing and pressing schiit you didn't mean to press. Mainly due to the screen size, and the touch buttons on the bezel.

My S3 is almost two years old now and it's working like a charm. I can't even remember the last time one of my apps crashed.
Maybe I just have one of these one in a million phones that just do what they are supposed to do.
You are totally right about the redundant tasks and ****ty Samsung apps though.

I guess the whole smartphone business is just one big "pick your poison" situation for us consumers. Whateves.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #117,973 of 177,745
My iPhone 4 is becoming a pita. Crashes, lags, freezes. I took good care of it but then I sold it to my brother. I purchased it back with non responsive buttons and some dings, impressive given I always had it naked while he placed it inside a plastic tank. I was less careful with it after getting it back, I thought I would be upgrading soon... SOON™

I've gone to check out new phones a couple of times but didn't really feel it quite yet. I liked the G2 last time I went but not enough to buy. The iPhone 5s screen is just too small for what I want now.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #117,974 of 177,745
I still remember how much the Walmart assosiate was trying to sway me away from getting a iPhone 3G. She keep bringing up a google phone with a slide out keyboard and a scroll ball in the front. Such creaking feels, much girth, very not impressed. I couldn't stop thinking she thought I was such a twig for getting a iPhone. I didn't get it only for the sake of having a iPhone sheesh :confused:

I got to episode 3 BTW but not feeling it. It might be the fact I'm watching using dubs but it's probably just cuz I don't feel like watching anime atm.

I remember back when everyone thought the Tmobile G1 or G2 would kill the iPhone......

ep 3 of what?

My S3 is almost two years old now and it's working like a charm. I can't even remember the last time one of my apps crashed.
Maybe I just have one of these one in a million phones that just do what they are supposed to do.
You are totally right about the redundant tasks and ****ty Samsung apps though.

I guess the whole smartphone business is just one big "pick your poison" situation for us consumers. Whateves.

It's the S5 so its different. But I get a lot of crashes, and dissapearing stuff. Keyboards that disapear, menus that do, language change etc etc.

Newer phones on Android are known to not be as stable...as the obviously older ones.

Hella Redunant, even worse since ATT also installs its own redundant crap.

So here I have my mother, confused as to why there is Google Chrome and some Samsung native 'Internet' app and why she has two native picture gallerys, and why there are two apps for the NFC wallet. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #117,975 of 177,745
My iPhone 4 is becoming a pita. Crashes, lags, freezes. I took good care of it but then I sold it to my brother. I purchased it back with non responsive buttons and some dings, impressive given I always had it naked while he placed it inside a plastic tank. I was less careful with it after getting it back, I thought I would be upgrading soon... SOON™

I've gone to check out new phones a couple of times but didn't really feel it quite yet. I liked the G2 last time I went but not enough to buy. The iPhone 5s screen is just too small for what I want now.

My iPhone 4S is going strong still. Jailbreaking it really makes it bearable though since the iPhone by itself is lackluster...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back