「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #98,641 of 177,744
  I'm not too into it yet. But my thinking pattern is very philosophical and business like. I'm usually thinking of cost to gain of getting X Y or Z degree I can pursue. How much companies I am looking at care for GPA or internship.

Most College students drink, and live each day like it is. Party all day baby. -______-

My mentality was to find ways to market myselves best this year. How I can develop connections, networks, and personal CV boosters. This relates to meeting business people, and internships.
In terms of my potential future job life. I'm doing decently. I met a lot of people this year and will be taking an internship next semester.

I advanced the fartherst in terms of networks with audio though which was quite funny. I prioritized 'real' world job market this year, but I moved forward much farther through the audio networks. Audio 360 has been an amazing thing to be apart of. 

Stages? I'm not sure if there are stages once you get here. Talking to people at Audio 360(many in their 40-60's) has shown to me that there isn't really life planning, but life comming to you. The mentality in terms of the future should be in eciding on a ratio of school/real-world-internships. This is ESPECIALLY true for Art (or at least from what my art major cousin tells me) in where companies want good portfolios and people that have charisma (to land into their office) and the ability to do some WEERRRKKK. 

I've been given good advice this year that I think you should also use besides the one on ratio. 

Paraphrase: There will be many moments in your life when doors open for you. It's up to you if you take that door.

Life gave me a door this year with Audio 360 and I'm taking it. Who knows where it will take me. Unless something changes, I'm flying to California in May to attend a huge audio show 

DAyum that list

All your waifus have homely, cute, and reserved traits...... I like
yep...spoiler

Hal the movie TOTALLY blew me away. 60 mins, with generic plot line? Ok. NON SPOILER STUFF BELOW.

But holy schiit, the themes, characterization and story was way above what I expected. 

I expected a slice of life of exactly that. Comedic out popping of a robo, and Kurumi falling in love with it through mundane activites. 

I even already had a 'picture' of how they acted and what their personalites were like. 

I won't go deeper but yeah. The biggest thing the movie was great about doing was in showing and not telling. It put you into a world, into situations, and into a society that is foreign but also similar. It doesn't tell you what everything it shows you is, but rather relies on events later to allow you to piece it together.

Overall, a VERY solid 8.5/10

8/10 enjoyability (nothing too much, but not bad) but it was absolutely above expectations in terms of overall performance.

This is a solid 8/10 for most probably. If you have an hour, give it a look so. 

Oh, where in Cali? Maybe we can meet up if it's in the Bay Area

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #98,642 of 177,744
  Hmm, I got a lot of money for Christmas. Awesome portable headphone amp or custom IEMs? I can't decide...

CIEMs all the way!!
*looks at your avatar*
WITH ANGEL BEATS CUSTOM ART!!!

Sounds like a plan, but damn I wanted an amp. =P Now to choose CIEMs... DX

lol if you want a portable amp I could make you one for new year
tongue.gif

I'm working on a new portable amp design right now anyway~

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #98,643 of 177,744

Sounds like a plan, but damn I wanted an amp. =P Now to choose CIEMs... DX

tongue.gif

Really? What's it gonna be??? :O

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #98,644 of 177,744

What source do you have again? iPod classic? If you get CIEMs, you might have some funky output impedance issues from your device without a nice amp. It shouldn't ruin the experience listening to them, but they might improve with an amp.

I am using an iPhone 5. A different DAP is also in the works, but I need to prioritize. XD

Quote:
  CIEMs all the way!!
*looks at your avatar*

If I have enough, then that, or something similar, will be happening. 

Quote:

tongue.gif

That would be amazing! :D I would be forever grateful/indebted. Whichever you prefer. :3

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #98,647 of 177,744

What source do you have again? iPod classic? If you get CIEMs, you might have some funky output impedance issues from your device without a nice amp. It shouldn't ruin the experience listening to them, but they might improve with an amp.

I am using an iPhone 5. A different DAP is also in the works, but I need to prioritize. XD

Quote:
  CIEMs all the way!!
*looks at your avatar*

If I have enough, then that, or something similar, will be happening. 

Sweet, I believe the iPhone 5 should be good enough.
What CIEMs are you looking at getting?

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #98,648 of 177,744
It's christmas~

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #98,652 of 177,744

Sweet, I believe the iPhone 5 should be good enough.
What CIEMs are you looking at getting?

I don't actually know yet. I was looking at the 1964 Ears V6-Stage. Also, the JH Audio JH7. Any other recommendations?

Oh, nice. I don't really have any recommendations since I'm looking more at sub-$500 IEMs/CIEMs for my next purchase (IE the 1964 V3 is the only thing that looks appealing to me at the moment.)

It's christmas~

I still have an hour to go...

2 hours here~

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #98,653 of 177,744
Just watched the Nisekoi PV. On the surface, this looks like it'll be a clone of Oreimo. OP by ClariS, same seiyuu as Kirino for the main, and I heard Kuroneko's seiyuu in there as well playing one of the characters. Of course it will be done with the drug infused crew at SHAFT, so it'll probably be better, or at least different.

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #98,655 of 177,744
  Oh, nice. I don't really have any recommendations since I'm looking more at sub-$500 IEMs/CIEMs for my next purchase (IE the 1964 V3 is the only thing that looks appealing to me at the moment.)

All I can really say is that I love my Shure SE530s, and they have worked great and lasted me for a good long while. They've traveled all over the world with me too. I am dreading the day that the cable cracks, or they stop working altogether. I wonder if Shure would repair them... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back