「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #98,628 of 177,745
Curious, for those in college trying to "go into the real world", do you think you could summarize your mentality going into each of the years? Like, is there a general feeling you start with for each year? 

Ie: This is for freshman year high school: My goal freshman year was to "find my place"/assimilate into the school without problems. 
Sophomore year-Worrying about junior year, the "rumored" killer year.
Junior year-Being killed by the pressure to excel, which all courses took much effort.
Senior year-Worried about how to advance onto the next stage, college apps. 

So what is it like for you college students?

I want to split the descriptive emotions of college + the one year out of college...for when looking for a job/worrying about student debt if applicable, into 5 distinctive stages. 

Any thoughts? For those currently enrolled or for those already finished?

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #98,629 of 177,745
What's your type? Let's post up some waifu's (husbando's for our AAMML female patrons)

Oh cool, we're doing the waifu game over here?
Kinda late but here:

• Sakura - Fate/SN
  • Kasumi - Muv Luv Alternative
  • Saya - Saya no Uta
  • Nanami - Chaos;Head
  • Sayuki - fortissimo EXS
  • Momiji - fortissimo EXS
  • Kanade - Angel Beats!
  • Nadeko - Monogatari
  • Athena - Campione!
  • Fear - C^3
  • Blanc - Neptune
  • Kotori - DATE A LIVE
  • Yoshino - DATE A LIVE
  • Yukikaze - Dog Days
  • Lucy - Elfen Lied
  • Nyaruko - Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
  • Koneko - Highschool DxD
  • Rika - Higurashi
  • Tatenashi - IS2
  • Himea - ItsuTen
  • Azaka - Kara no Kyoukai
  • Eucliwood - Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
  • Mikan - To Love-Ru
  • Yami - To Love-Ru
  • Ayase - OreImo
  • Miu - PapaKiki
  • Mizore - Rosario to Vampire
  • Kotonoha - School Days
  • Suzu - Seitokai Yakuindomo
  • Akiha - Tsukihime
  • Corti - Polyphonica
  • Aono - Sola
  • Nymph - Sora no Otoshimono
  • Sora - Yosuga no Sora

I swear I tried to make the list as small as possible....
Guess you could say I'm not a faithful husband, hence any relationship will not work for me IRL.

• Sakura - Fate/SN

• Saya - Saya no Uta

• Kotonoha - School Days

• Sora - Yosuga no Sora

• Kanade - Angel Beats!

Man... you have no idea how much I want that car now.... I'd seriously drive that around down town.

You guys are doing it wrong, because, you can only have ONE waifu. 
tongue.gif

:nope:
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #98,632 of 177,745
  Hold on a sec. Isn't Saya from Saya no Uta a...
super scary and disgusting alien life form?

lol use head-fi's html spoiler class element instead of BBCode.

but yeah, she is.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #98,635 of 177,745
  Curious, for those in college trying to "go into the real world", do you think you could summarize your mentality going into each of the years? Like, is there a general feeling you start with for each year? 

Ie: This is for freshman year high school: My goal freshman year was to "find my place"/assimilate into the school without problems. 
Junior year-Being killed by the pressure to excel, which all courses took much effort.

I want to split the descriptive emotions of college + the one year out of college...for when looking for a job/worrying about student debt if applicable, into 5 distinctive stages. 

I'm not too into it yet. But my thinking pattern is very philosophical and business like. I'm usually thinking of cost to gain of getting X Y or Z degree I can pursue. How much companies I am looking at care for GPA or internship.

Most College students drink, and live each day like it is. Party all day baby. -______-

My mentality was to find ways to market myselves best this year. How I can develop connections, networks, and personal CV boosters. This relates to meeting business people, and internships.
In terms of my potential future job life. I'm doing decently. I met a lot of people this year and will be taking an internship next semester.

I advanced the fartherst in terms of networks with audio though which was quite funny. I prioritized 'real' world job market this year, but I moved forward much farther through the audio networks. Audio 360 has been an amazing thing to be apart of. 

Stages? I'm not sure if there are stages once you get here. Talking to people at Audio 360(many in their 40-60's) has shown to me that there isn't really life planning, but life comming to you. The mentality in terms of the future should be in eciding on a ratio of school/real-world-internships. This is ESPECIALLY true for Art (or at least from what my art major cousin tells me) in where companies want good portfolios and people that have charisma (to land into their office) and the ability to do some WEERRRKKK. 

I've been given good advice this year that I think you should also use besides the one on ratio. 

Paraphrase: There will be many moments in your life when doors open for you. It's up to you if you take that door.

Life gave me a door this year with Audio 360 and I'm taking it. Who knows where it will take me. Unless something changes, I'm flying to California in May to attend a huge audio show 

Oh cool, we're doing the waifu game over here?
Kinda late but here:

• Sakura - Fate/SN
  • Saya - Saya no Uta
  • Nanami - Chaos;Head
  • Kanade - Angel Beats!
  • Nadeko - Monogatari
  • Athena - Campione!
  • Fear - C^3
  • Blanc - Neptune
  • Kotori - DATE A LIVE
  • Yoshino - DATE A LIVE
  • Yukikaze - Dog Days
  • Lucy - Elfen Lied
  • Nyaruko - Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
  • Koneko - Highschool DxD
  • Rika - Higurashi
  • Tatenashi - IS2
  • Himea - ItsuTen
  • Azaka - Kara no Kyoukai
  • Eucliwood - Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
  • Mikan - To Love-Ru
  • Yami - To Love-Ru
  • Ayase - OreImo
  • Miu - PapaKiki
  • Mizore - Rosario to Vampire
  • Kotonoha - School Days
  • Suzu - Seitokai Yakuindomo
  • Akiha - Tsukihime
  • Corti - Polyphonica
  • Aono - Sola
  • Nymph - Sora no Otoshimono
  • Sora - Yosuga no Sora

I swear I tried to make the list as small as possible....
Guess you could say I'm not a faithful husband, hence any relationship will not work for me IRL.

• Sakura - Fate/SN

• Saya - Saya no Uta

• Kotonoha - School Days

• Sora - Yosuga no Sora

• Kanade - Angel Beats!

Man... you have no idea how much I want that car now.... I'd seriously drive that around down town.

:nope:
rolleyes.gif

DAyum that list

All your waifus have homely, cute, and reserved traits...... I like

yep...spoiler

Hal the movie TOTALLY blew me away. 60 mins, with generic plot line? Ok. NON SPOILER STUFF BELOW.

But holy schiit, the themes, characterization and story was way above what I expected. 

I expected a slice of life of exactly that. Comedic out popping of a robo, and Kurumi falling in love with it through mundane activites. 

I even already had a 'picture' of how they acted and what their personalites were like. 

I won't go deeper but yeah. The biggest thing the movie was great about doing was in showing and not telling. It put you into a world, into situations, and into a society that is foreign but also similar. It doesn't tell you what everything it shows you is, but rather relies on events later to allow you to piece it together.

Overall, a VERY solid 8.5/10

8/10 enjoyability (nothing too much, but not bad) but it was absolutely above expectations in terms of overall performance.

This is a solid 8/10 for most probably. If you have an hour, give it a look so. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #98,637 of 177,745
  Animetake posted this but I may as well crosspost it here because it was too cute

Screenshot that donut-over-head scene as my avatar years ago... Holy Night from Toradora is a fabulous song.

Btw I hope Ars Nova will have a season 2..

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #98,640 of 177,745

I don't fantasise about 2D people, if that's what you're asking. XD

This is a very informative video about waifus:

You already showed me. XD

Lol, just wanted to make sure. 
tongue.gif

LOL, I just got through this part a few days ago in the VN. 

You've got a long ways to go... enjoy it! I would use a walkthrough though, otherwise you'll miss so many of the Mappie stuff.

I know... T_T I'm using the walkthrough that came with the translated game when I got it off Chase's site. Ugh, how many times will I end up having to play this freaking game??

What program do y'all use to determine the read/write speeds of an external disk?

A ~500 MB transfer taking ~180 minutes seems stupid slow to me.

Lucky for me, time flies and that 180 minutes passed by really quickly. The transfer completed just now. XD

Crystaldiskmark. You might also want to use Teracopy instead of the default Windows copy handler. It's better.
Also eew HP printer software and crappy dell wifi schiit. Uninstall dat asap XD

Welp, I can't say much beyond the first year, but just get used to your new environment; living in a dorm (probably with other people) without any parents telling you to study or go to classes. Take easy classes your first quarter/semester. I didn't and it hurt me in the long run. And of course, making friends and all that is important too. Hope you don't go to one of those schools like Bowei where everyone drinks though... >.>

super scary and disgusting alien life form?

Yep. I don't get it either. I like the story, but Saya is not waifu material IMO.

CIEMS bababababayyyyy

Sounds like a plan, but damn I wanted an amp. =P Now to choose CIEMs... DX

What source do you have again? iPod classic? If you get CIEMs, you might have some funky output impedance issues from your device without a nice amp. It shouldn't ruin the experience listening to them, but they might improve with an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back