「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #93,811 of 177,744

What's hanako?

The name of the girl in all Japanese ghost stories, who got bullied and locked in a school washroom stall and nobody found her before she died there.
In other words, Hanako ----> that toilet/washroom-related ghost girl.

No, I mean I've watched episodes 1 and 2 Bowei...

There we go, now kurisu-chan's face isn't covered up!
biggrin.gif

I guess you need jailbreak to arrange icons where ever you want them huh. Stoopid Apo. Why can't I rearrange my icons the way I want?!

Ah okay, I see.

I wish Apple would let you do more. Guess that's why I'm getting a Nexus as my next tablet probably... 
rolleyes.gif

*Unless someone wants to trade a fancy new iPad air for my old iPad that's jailbroken! :D

Also, random lol on MAL:

...................................................................................................................................
wow rofl

Yeah, Iono what they're thinking, but recommendations can get even funnier than this at times.
There are a tone of recommendations for Boku no Pico too for some reason... >.>

Oh, and BTW. If you haven't heard, there is code for free BF3 on Origin, it's reusable: G433-XWLD-ZBW8-JWUC-JDSW

Except... it doesn't work. It may have been pulled out by EA, but some people report it still works, so it's probably the activation server getting hammered (since yesterday), like during the Origin Bundle.

I tried that yesterday and it didn't work. But that might be because I already have BF3... 
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #93,812 of 177,744
  Ah okay, I see.

I wish Apple would let you do more. Guess that's why I'm getting a Nexus as my next tablet probably... 
rolleyes.gif

*Unless someone wants to trade a fancy new iPad air for my old iPad that's jailbroken! :D

Yeah, Iono what they're thinking, but recommendations can get even funnier than this at times.
There are a tone of recommendations for Boku no Pico too for some reason... >.>

I tried that yesterday and it didn't work. But that might be because I already have BF3... 
tongue.gif

I am serious about the washroom/toilet ghost almost 100% always called Hanako though.
Then again Hanako used to be a super common name, kind of on the level of Barbara (a.k.a. Barbie) except that Hanako is probably still more widely used than Barbara for girls our generation.

Yeah... but ever since I started with my sony tablet I still gotta say that the Play Store is still a mess compared to App Store. They both have pros and cons to each, but overall I probably prefer the App Store at least until now.

Lol... well then let me throw you a random recommendation also: Dai Mahou Touge. Its only 4 episodes so go watch it.

BTW @b1o2r3i4s5 I found some of those heat shrinks here. Thanks for the rec, they seem promising :D
Meanwhile those connectors were nowhere to be found. Sigh, the scarcity of materials here.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #93,815 of 177,744
Coppelion episodes 1-3 were bad. But episode 4 was an absolute travesty. It had a mutha****ing countdown timer!!

Did they think it would add tension? Just completely ruined an already terrible episode lol. Actually, the timer made me want to play Metroid Fusion...

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #93,816 of 177,744
Beyond the Horizon, Strike the Blood, Log Horizon, Tokyo Ravens, Non Non Biyori, and My Mental Multi-Choice.

English translated titles D:

J/k

@hikari50 I feel like I'm watching everything. I did muster the courage to drop Blaze Blue though.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #93,818 of 177,744
How's Tokyo Ravens? I might consider watching that too.
I have mixed feelings on Log Horizon though. Seems that SAO and Btooom! is enough MMORPG anime for me :/

I like it. It's not overly serious, nor does it try to be constantly funny. I find it to be rather natural compared to other similar animes who try to forcefeed you tsukomis. I do prefer it over Strike the Blood, because of the setting and characters, that vampires and churches schiit is way overused.

I prefer Log Horizon's take on the whole thing because it doesn't try too hard to make the whole "trapped in an mmoprpg" thing ultra-serious like in SAO. No deaths, no silly mastermind threats(for now anyway, we might get eased into a bigger plot later on, dunno). Plenty of PKing though, which is fun. Also, Debauchery Tea Party = Best Party name ever.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #93,819 of 177,744
English translated titles D:

J/k

@hikari50 I feel like I'm watching everything. I did muster the courage to drop Blaze Blue though.

Haha sometimes Japanese titles should be kept as Japanese ones! Sometimes the English-translated ones sound weird.

I'm new to the BlazBlue series, so I'm not going to drop it. Since I've never played the two Blazblue I'd like to watch it to learn more about the Blazblue universe before playing the 2 games :)

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #93,820 of 177,744
I like it. It's not overly serious, nor does it try to be constantly funny. I find it to be rather natural compared to other similar animes who try to forcefeed you tsukomis. I do prefer it over Strike the Blood, because of the setting and characters, that vampires and churches schiit is way overused.

I prefer Log Horizon's take on the whole thing because it doesn't try too hard to make the whole "trapped in an mmoprpg" thing ultra-serious like in SAO. No deaths, no silly mastermind threats(for now anyway, we might get eased into a bigger plot later on, dunno). Plenty of PKing though, which is fun. Also, Debauchery Tea Party = Best Party name ever.

You may have just convinced me to try watching Tokyo Ravens later! The school computer lab isn't an ideal place to watch anime afterall :D
I may try another two episodes of Log Horizon before deciding whether or not to drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back