「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #89,941 of 177,745

Honestly I hate online feedback reviews.

They're all like:
  1. "this drive is crap"
  2. "nuh-uh, this drive is awesome!"
  3. "this drive died in a month"
  4. "I've had this for a year and it works flawlessly"
  5. "this drive is so slow!"
  6. "this drive works as advertised"
  7. etc.

The same thing goes for hard drives and it makes shopping impossible.
  1. WD sucks!
  2. Seagate sucks!
  3. Corsair sucks!
  4. WD is awesome!
  5. Seagate is awesome!
  6. Corsair is awesome!
  7. Samsung is the best!

And that's why I'm asking here because you PC gurus probably know better answers/products.

Yeah, I guess different people had different experience with them....
4 hitachi drives died on my hands so now I'm only getting WD drives lol.
I guess the best way to choose is to look at objective measurements (i.e. R/W speeds and reliability data from the manufacturers.)

And I've had zero problems with any hard drives whatsoever. Not on my Hitachi, not on my Seagate, not on my Samsung, not on the family Seagate, not on my brother's 2 Western Digitals. Zip, nothing, nada.

I've had more issues with SD cards and thumb drives than I have with any hard drive...and those issues were from back in 2002 or so.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #89,942 of 177,745
Why bestbuy... newegg for HDD random reviews. Or amazon. Why bestbuy.

This.

Yeah, I still haven't finish playing around with the OS features :p

Nope they dont sell em here.
Tonnes of apple iTunes store cards though.....

Yeah, I guess different people had different experience with them....
4 hitachi drives died on my hands so now I'm only getting WD drives lol.
I guess the best way to choose is to look at objective measurements (i.e. R/W speeds and reliability data from the manufacturers.)

Hitachi HDD has been owned by WD for probably a year now I think.

And I've had zero problems with any hard drives whatsoever. Not on my Hitachi, not on my Seagate, not on my Samsung, not on the family Seagate, not on my brother's 2 Western Digitals. Zip, nothing, nada.

I've had more issues with SD cards and thumb drives than I have with any hard drive...and those issues were from back in 2002 or so.

Same. My WD HDD, old seagate usb 1.0 external hard drive, samsung external, and toshiba are all alive and well.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #89,943 of 177,745
I haven't been reading or posting in this thread much, but I wanted to pop in and give my brief impressions of the dx50 that I received yesterday:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-dx50-dap/reviews/9611

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #89,944 of 177,745
Hmmm this is my opinion...

If you are looking for longer warranty coverage, WD would be best since it has a 5 year warranty if I am not wrong, which should be longer than Samsung, Hitachi or Seagate's 3 years

If you want value, it used to be Samsung, the Samsung F3 drive everyone crazy back then... now probably Hitachi?

I have one Seagate fail on me before, but I don't think I will stop recommending it lol... maybe my mistreatment of this drive caused it to fail

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #89,945 of 177,745

Dumb advice bowei.

Doesn't always give you the best idea. If it's generally good, then go for it.

Because generally can lead to bad drives

He only has limited selection as he can only use best buy. This means either using feedback on all the drives there as the way to choose the best one OR by using online actual reviews from X Y and Z to find a specific model or a similar model to buy at Store X

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #89,946 of 177,745

Yeah, PS3 version included DLC from X360. I don't know if all of it, but someone said it was worth roughly $350. They probably were desperate to move from Xbox to Playstation...

Yeah, though they also took some X360 version songs and put them as DLCs.
Oh, did I mention Im@s2 for PS3 is now available as digital download on PlayStation Network? It's its really cheap... I think it was like $25.

I haven't been reading or posting in this thread much, but I wanted to pop in and give my brief impressions of the dx50 that I received yesterday:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-dx50-dap/reviews/9611

Wut D: not enough power for HD600?
Definitely no use for me then... =/

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #89,948 of 177,745
With hard drives, it's a coin toss, I'd just buy whatever you can get your hands on.

Anyone who says otherwise, just hasn't been around long enough to have hard drives of all makes eventually die, they're just disposable items, and you should treat them that way.

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #89,951 of 177,745

To watch this season:
KILL la KILL
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome wo Zenryoku de Jama ****eiru <Because the setting is just.... lolz.
Walkure Romanze <Koikishi clone, eh, why not?
Galilei Donna
Strike the Blood
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Little Busters! ~Refrain~
Infinite Stratos 2
Phi Brain: Kami no Kuzzle 3
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2

To try:
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukana
Tesagure! Bukatsumono
Miss Monochrome < Yui Horie's own little chara.

Coppelion
Outbreak Company

Maaaaaaybe Tokyo Ravens, but eh, setting's not to my taste.

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #89,952 of 177,745
To any of you Nico junkies: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21825502

Somehow, [Smililng] is a song that always manages to give me goosebumps (and in some cases tears). When I listen to it, it reminds me of the years when I followed utaite religiously and when I participated in Nico Lives (english site). Definitely a golden time of my adolescence. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #89,953 of 177,745
Welp, I had a very mundane job of returning some Xboxes to another town that I got done modding, and instead I took my two best friends with me and had a day that will probably go down in history.
The three of us bought all these:

Dat Bokeh.
All the anime (and inevitably hentai) talks and general joking going on between the three of us was such a blast. What a great way to spend the last weekend in my home town!
Not only that, but the store owners at the anime/game/stuff store were super cool. It was kind of hilarious and awkward at the same time when the female store clerk mentioned the ecchi Little Busters figurines they had hidden behind the counter for obvious reasons...

Anyway here's who got what:
-I got the ecchi Kud and Saya figurines, as well as one of Tsukihi and nedko fromnisemonogatari. Finally, I got the Haruka and Fate Stay Night (haven't seen the anime yet but they were having an awesome raffle so I had to try).
-Atom got one of each of the Nisemonogatari figures. He bought all five of them in total, but the fifth was a duplicate. He wasn't able to buy the fifth character (Monkey's paw girl) but then I bought another one and got it XD. So I traded him that one for the other nedoko figuring there.
-Chase got the 3.5mm cell phone keychain thingy of Kirino in a bathing suit, the Black Lotus nendo, and the ecchi Mio figure. He was going for Kud, but yet again I snatched it up :D
I really hate Mio or I'd trade as well...

Anyway, then we came back to town and went over to Chase's theater and watched a bit of SAO. Then Atom and I came back to my house and watched Sakurasou.

Quote:

LOL I can't honestly say what they were like because I don't remember very much of the dream anymore...
I know, right! But I do like the way sakurasou doesn't conform to other anime stereotypes.
Wow, so you're traveling all the way from Malaysia (if memory serves me right) to Seattle just to spectate?
eek.gif
You need root for that.
Frankly, I'm not sure if Boris is quite ready for root yet or not...

It's the biggest gaming event of the year to me, wouldn't be able to live it down if I didn't go at least once. I'm also going for a vacay of sorts, so I'm looking forward to it. 

Root isn't that to do. A little reading up is all you need, tbh I found jailbreaking much slightly harder.

I see. Well that's pretty darn sweet then! As stated before, I look forward to meeting you :)
Depends on the method IMO. Some of the phones that carriers try to lock down can be a PITA. Rooting and unlocking my Nexus 4 (and galaxy nexus for that matter) was super easy. That being said, the Evasi0n jailbreak for 6.1.2 was equally as easy, IMO. Just generally, IMO again, it's easier to screw something up in Android rooting than iOS jailbreaking.

Almost done with Sakurasou now... I'm loving it!
I love how everyone doesn't automagically win at everything! Getting rejected seems to be too hipster for most anime to follow.
Also, caught up with Monogatari SS and I'll now try to catch up on Shingeki with all my might. I came to the really depressing conclusion that I haven't really watched enough anime this summer D:

And today was my last day of work! Time to get ready to move up to Seattle next week after an exciting trip tomorrow with my friends!

Yeah, pet no kanojo is pretty nice :)

Oh my god. I just watched that graduation speech episode....
I'm still choked up a bit.

Finished reading Kafka on the Shore. It's a definite 9/10 if not higher, a surreal masterpiece. Actually best book I've ever read, but that's also because I haven't exactly read that many books.

Huh, that seems like a pretty awesome novel. I'd rather read the classic American novels (and world novels for that matter too) in addition to the bible before branching out into more modern things like that.

Looks like it's back open to me?
LOL I can't honestly say what they were like because I don't remember very much of the dream anymore...

I have that poster in my room
tongue.gif

I used to have very lucid dreams almost every night. I even started to get the hang of controlling them after a wile. FYI, flying is quite awesome :grinning: Those days of magic are mostly over :pensive:

What other posters you got? :grin:

Some people have called me a minimalist. If I could, my room would only consist of a futon.

Wow, that's like... The opposite of my room...
It's changed a bit since this but it's close enough...

(look at the posters in the back)

Lots of crap:

Not really a poster but still something that takes up wall space :p
And that god of war poster is right above that one, that's a Saleen poster

Here's another one:

And another (To the right is a Beatles one)

Calendar on my door. Pretty much acts as a poster.

And imagine about 6 more car posters, a couple more video game posters, a Beatles poster, a glorious poster, and shelves of model cars too.
Made some burgers with my dad. I don't even like the ones in chain fastfoods, but homemade are usually pretty great. No comparison.

Whenever I try to make burgers, my mom either forms them too thick for my liking or they fall apart from me making them too thin :p
Barbecuing them is the secret to getting them to taste wonderful :wink:

With hard drives, it's a coin toss, I'd just buy whatever you can get your hands on.

Anyone who says otherwise, just hasn't been around long enough to have hard drives of all makes eventually die, they're just disposable items, and you should treat them that way.

Truer words have never been spoken.

W00t, started the 6000th page with a MEGA post! :D

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #89,954 of 177,745

You need root for that.
Frankly, I'm not sure if Boris is quite ready for root yet or not...
Can't you get google play cards over there in HK?

Yeah, I still haven't finish playing around with the OS features :p

Nope they dont sell em here.
Tonnes of apple iTunes store cards though.....

Hmm, if I knew that cards purchased here would work I'd offer to get one for you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back