「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 15, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #89,957 of 177,745
  I see. Well that's pretty darn sweet then! As stated before, I look forward to meeting you :)
Depends on the method IMO. Some of the phones that carriers try to lock down can be a PITA. Rooting and unlocking my Nexus 4 (and galaxy nexus for that matter) was super easy. That being said, the Evasi0n jailbreak for 6.1.2 was equally as easy, IMO. Just generally, IMO again, it's easier to screw something up in Android rooting than iOS jailbreaking.

Oh my god. I just watched that graduation speech episode....
I'm still choked up a bit.

Huh, that seems like a pretty awesome novel. I'd rather read the classic American novels (and world novels for that matter too) in addition to the bible before branching out into more modern things like that.

Wow, that's like... The opposite of my room...
It's changed a bit since this but it's close enough...

(look at the posters in the back)

Lots of crap:

Not really a poster but still something that takes up wall space :p
And that god of war poster is right above that one, that's a Saleen poster

Here's another one:

And another (To the right is a Beatles one)

Calendar on my door. Pretty much acts as a poster.

And imagine about 6 more car posters, a couple more video game posters, a Beatles poster, a glorious poster, and shelves of model cars too.
Whenever I try to make burgers, my mom either forms them too thick for my liking or they fall apart from me making them too thin :p
Barbecuing them is the secret to getting them to taste wonderful :wink:
Truer words have never been spoken.

W00t, started the 6000th page with a MEGA post! :D

How can you hate Mio...?
confused.gif

I agree with the recent jailbreaks being easier than rooting, I'm thinking that will change once iOS7 comes in. It took me ages to get my iOS4 to JB, but I rarely bother with that anymore. Guess I have a lot of cathcing up to do if I want to root my Z1 when it comes.

Awesome collection of figures, I have a chibi Mio but that's it... Soon to have a preordered 1/8 KoB Asuna Figure from GoodSmile, looking forward to that. We have places like that here too but it's too out of the way for me to visit regularly. There is that event at Fraser Business Park which will be selling doujins and nendros(no ecchi, obviously)... Maybe I'll go pay a visit later.

Oh GOD That Oreimo IRL

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #89,958 of 177,745
Nice post

Give me some close up of the figurines please!

Wait, you only just saw the graduation episode?

Meh, too lazy to do that tonight... Probably when I get up to Seattle and get everything situated up there.

Yeah, I'm watching it with Atom. FYI: Watching anime with friends takes a long time to finish because trying to find time for two people about to head off for college to watch anime together can be a pain. Hell, finding time for me alone can be a pain in the arse.
These two episodes of SAO were glorious though!

6K guys!

*Insert obligatory celebration GIFs I'm too tired to post*

Oh, and Boris:

tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #89,959 of 177,745

And imagine about 6 more car posters, a couple more video game posters, a Beatles poster, a glorious poster, and shelves of model cars too.
Whenever I try to make burgers, my mom either forms them too thick for my liking or they fall apart from me making them too thin :p
Barbecuing them is the secret to getting them to taste wonderful :wink:
Truer words have never been spoken.

W00t, started the 6000th page with a MEGA post! :D

How can you hate Mio...?
confused.gif

I agree with the recent jailbreaks being easier than rooting, I'm thinking that will change once iOS7 comes in. It took me ages to get my iOS4 to JB, but I rarely bother with that anymore. Guess I have a lot of cathcing up to do if I want to root my Z1 when it comes.

Awesome collection of figures, I have a chibi Mio but that's it... Soon to have a preordered 1/8 KoB Asuna Figure from GoodSmile, looking forward to that. We have places like that here too but it's too out of the way for me to visit regularly. There is that event at Fraser Business Park which will be selling doujins and nendros(no ecchi, obviously)... Maybe I'll go pay a visit later.

Oh GOD That Oreimo IRL

Her route had too much bizarre WTFey supernatural stuff. Felt like AIR all over again... -_-
Though the actual ending isn't too bad. She's just not my favorite character. Not compared to Kud or Rin at least :p

Haha, thanks! Again these aren't all mine though. We just grouped them together for a photoshoot. I don't collect many figurines either because they're so damn expensive. These are those random draw trading figurines though that are roughly $10 each, which is cheap enough I guess...
Too far out of the way eh? Like a 75 minute car drive? That's how far out of the way this store is XD

What? The poster? Oh yeah, that's one of my mutha****in bootleg posters.

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #89,960 of 177,745
Haha, thanks! Again these aren't all mine though. We just grouped them together for a photoshoot. I don't collect many figurines either because they're so damn expensive. These are those random draw trading figurines though that are roughly $10 each, which is cheap enough I guess... Too far out of the way eh? Like a 75 minute car drive? That's how far out of the way this store is XD

I meant chibi Akiyama Mio, btw, $10 is actually pretty good, I have a friend who's a persona 4 fan and spent $15 for one chess peice out of a set of 6... Until I told him he could get the whole set for $30 on amazon. lol Also, this:
http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC44207

Should be ready in April.

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #89,961 of 177,745

Haha, thanks! Again these aren't all mine though. We just grouped them together for a photoshoot. I don't collect many figurines either because they're so damn expensive. These are those random draw trading figurines though that are roughly $10 each, which is cheap enough I guess... Too far out of the way eh? Like a 75 minute car drive? That's how far out of the way this store is XD

I meant chibi Akiyama Mio, btw, $10 is actually pretty good, I have a friend who's a persona 4 fan and spent $15 for one chess peice out of a set of 6... Until I told him he could get the whole set for $30 on amazon. lol Also, this:
http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC44207

Should be ready in April.

Oh, those. That Mio is fine. I was talking about the Mio from Little Busters though... Where did you even get Mio from K-ON from?
Nevermind. My brain started working again long enough to figure it out...
The Little Busters ones were $11.99 and the Nisemonogatari ones were $7.99 :)

Meh, dat face doesn't look right.

Welp, after listening to some glorious classic rock on my Stax, I think I'm gonna call it a night. Guess I'll do something that we haven't been doing in a while and say Oyasumi here. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #89,962 of 177,745
Regarding Free!, why is it useless?

It's bland SoL?

Hopefully Korra and SnK appear within reasonable time tonight

Watched Korra yesterday. Didn't really like it that much tbh, I'm probably not watching the third episode.

Huh, that seems like a pretty awesome novel. I'd rather read the classic American novels (and world novels for that matter too) in addition to the bible before branching out into more modern things like that.

Yeah, I've bought quite a few classic novels too. I'll be reading, Dante, Goethe, Kafka , Mark Twain and Shakespeare after this. Apart from Kafka those are by all definitions classic literature, and Kafka is still pretty much a classic since the book I'll be reading (Der Prozess) is 88 years old.

Gourmet burgers are good too... fastfood isn't the only place you find burgers.
Needless to say gourmet burgers are much more expensive... the one I just ate ended up nearly 18$ with tax and our nation's beautiful obligatory 15% tips for the terrible service we received.

Home made is fine too :D

In the UK I've had some pretty awesome burgers at pubs. Fast food burgers almost always suck, but if you're tight on money you can get a cheap meal. Or more importantly, if you've downed a couple beers burgers suddenly taste much better.

Also, I never understood the obligatory tip thing. I mean, shouldn't it be the responsibility of the restaurant to pay the staff? In Europe it's common to give a tip ranging from 0ct to €2 per person. When I eat out with friends the tip is usually the couple odd cents left after everyone has paid to make a rounder number.

Sep 15, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #89,964 of 177,745
Tips are for courtesy. Nice service from your server? Leave them a tip as a gesture of kindness.
In the US, the usual amount is 15% of the original price, 18% for groups of 6+ people.

what the heck is this for... n ironically we talked bout this at wrk yesterday

n no like Kora... r u crazy. Yea the story was meh but the bgm n visuals :D

Sep 15, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #89,965 of 177,745
W00T Page 6k!

Quote:
  And I've had zero problems with any hard drives whatsoever. Not on my Hitachi, not on my Seagate, not on my Samsung, not on the family Seagate, not on my brother's 2 Western Digitals. Zip, nothing, nada.

I've had more issues with SD cards and thumb drives than I have with any hard drive...and those issues were from back in 2002 or so.

Good for you! go look at speed measurements and get the best drive!

Wow~ I've never had problems with SDs or flash drives... though I rarely use them because of their speed....

Hitachi HDD has been owned by WD for probably a year now I think.
Same. My WD HDD, old seagate usb 1.0 external hard drive, samsung external, and toshiba are all alive and well.

It was already a few years ago when my drives kept dying.

Slightly envious.....

So jelly of your room.....................
I'm thinking of transferring to another uni next year and getting a dorm...

lol is your avatar UW?

Oh, and Boris:

tongue.gif

LOL

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #89,966 of 177,745
Tips are for courtesy. Nice service from your server? Leave them a tip as a gesture of kindness.
In the US, the usual amount is 15% of the original price, 18% for groups of 6+ people.

what the heck is this for... n ironically we talked bout this at wrk yesterday

n no like Kora... r u crazy. Yea the story was meh but the bgm n visuals :D

When you go to a sit-down restaurant and someone serves your table, it's common courtesy to leave a tip when you pay your bill/before you leave.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #89,967 of 177,745
  I haven't been reading or posting in this thread much, but I wanted to pop in and give my brief impressions of the dx50 that I received yesterday:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-dx50-dap/reviews/9611

Very nice read!
More or less my thoughts on this awesome little DAP.

6K guys!

About damn time...

When you go to a sit-down restaurant and someone serves your table, it's common courtesy to leave a tip when you pay your bill/before you leave.

It absolutely is.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #89,969 of 177,745
90k get

Or not.

Well at least I've got 6xHS.

I didn't even realized I got the 90k post :p

Wow, I think something broke here...why is there no page 6001 showing up for me?
We are on page 6001 right?

Oh now it works.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #89,970 of 177,745
I didn't even realized I got the 90k post :p

Wow, I think something broke here...why is there no page 6001 showing up for me?

We are on page 6001 right?

Oh now it works.

Yeah, it happens quite often here that you get post n+1 out of n, and if your n+1st post happens to start a new page, it looks as if it's on a non-existent page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back