「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #69,706 of 177,745
Get the Wacom. It's really useful for a big deskspace.:3

Otherwise, an iPad or similar, or even the Livescribe pens might be more worth the investment if you plan to take electronic hand-written notes.
no

They mean a Wacom USB

This is what most use
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Splash-Tablet-CTL471/dp/B0089VGPII/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365198037&sr=1-1&keywords=wacom+bamboo

That is a Wacom USB....it's the Intuos. The Bamboo series is basically the same thing but with trackpad capabilities and less buttons.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #69,709 of 177,745
Quote:
Listened to Key Classics finally. That was really good, although it could of used some more Erhu in it 
tongue.gif

BAH, IT'S STILL AMAZING!!!
Quote:
Vtech's Engineering requirement is stupid and i've talked to their studewnts. They don't use it

Basically what is recommended is a $2,500 Tablet/Ultrabook as some engineering assignements require 'touch' or written input. They scare you into buying them by saying that if you dont' have one, you could fail the course for not completing hw. But its bull. No teacher there has ever enforced it,and you BARELY use its feature.

So what am I gonna do?

Buy a $50 Wacom USB Tablet like most do and use that in conjunction with my MBP. I have it bootcamped

There is no program they will be using while on the go in classes that require more than Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and 4GB RAM.

And another scare tactic is that if your computer breaks if you don't get their campus recommended $2,500 computer you won't be able to finish hw if it does break.

dude, I am in ECE. I can fix my computer. plus, i have a desktop

Lmao, that's pathetic...
Yup, no computer requirement at the college I'm going to... Yay! :D
Quote:

Otherwise, an iPad or similar, or even the Livescribe pens might be more worth the investment if you plan to take electronic hand-written notes.

Not too useful for taking notes during a lecture I'm afraid...
Hmm, now I can't decide if I should just take handwitten notes or get a logitech bluetooth keyboard...
Quote:
Quote:

no

They mean a Wacom USB

This is what most use
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Splash-Tablet-CTL471/dp/B0089VGPII/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365198037&sr=1-1&keywords=wacom+bamboo

yeah, wacom tablets are nice... I have an old model laying around that I never use anymore.
Quote:
I use a pen and paper. 

Actually, I don't normally take notes at all.

Haha, there's always that option too! 
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #69,710 of 177,745
BAH, IT'S STILL AMAZING!!!
Lmao, that's pathetic...
Yup, no computer requirement at the college I'm going to... Yay! :D
Not too useful for taking notes during a lecture I'm afraid...
Hmm, now I can't decide if I should just take handwitten notes or get a logitech bluetooth keyboard...
yeah, wacom tablets are nice... I have an old model laying around that I never use anymore.
Haha, there's always that option too! 
tongue.gif
Yeah the requirement for it is absurd as the classes there don't even make use of it much :mad:

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #69,711 of 177,745
Livescribe pen would be more useful than any tablet in my opinion since you have more control of your handwriting. It's painful to watch people take notes on their iPad with one of those capacitive pens...

You COULD take notes with a keyboard, and that would be more practical for text-based things, but if you need diagrams or drawings or large equations (like most other engineering departments), you're screwed.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #69,713 of 177,745
Quote:
Livescribe pen would be more useful than any tablet in my opinion since you have more control of your handwriting. It's painful to watch people take notes on their iPad with one of those capacitive pens...

You COULD take notes with a keyboard, and that would be more practical for text-based things, but if you need diagrams or drawings or large equations (like most other engineering departments), you're screwed.

Yeah, I wouldn't try and do anything other than basic text notes. I know how bad of an idea the iPad is for trying to draw stuff. Guess I should just stick to pen and paper then... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #69,714 of 177,745
Quote:

The Wacom inkling was pretty decent, even if it took them well past the predicted date to finally get them out(I had a preorder). I ended up selling it though, didn't use it's digital capabilities enough.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #69,715 of 177,745

Yeah, I wouldn't try and do anything other than basic text notes. I know how bad of an idea the iPad is for trying to draw stuff. Guess I should just stick to pen and paper then... 
rolleyes.gif

That's what I do. The Livescribe pen takes it a step further and you can upload your hand-written notes to your computer for an electronic-copy (or record audio with it too). My notes from 4 years ago are pretty much lost and disorganized...

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #69,716 of 177,745
Quote:
That's what I do. The Livescribe pen takes it a step further and you can upload your hand-written notes to your computer for an electronic-copy (or record audio with it too). My notes from 4 years ago are pretty much lost and disorganized...

From the looks of it though, the new livescribe pens don't let you use any OCR software to convert your handwritten notes into digital text. Fakku that...

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #69,718 of 177,745

From the looks of it though, the new livescribe pens don't let you use any OCR software to convert your handwritten notes into digital text. Fakku that...

That technology isn't very reliable even if it did have it, from what I've seen at least.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #69,720 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That technology isn't very reliable even if it did have it, from what I've seen at least.

So basically I should just take notes in a notebook and not rely on digital stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back