「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #45,496 of 177,745
DSCN2218.jpg

Oh
My
God

(if anyone's not sure what is in the picture, it's a guitar with a cement body)

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #45,497 of 177,745
That doesn't really say much other than a very smooth well balanced sound. If you think about it. All audio is very close to each other. If it can already move the diaphram (or whatever) thousands of times per second and produce sonic waves that are easy to tell apart as human voices, it is already close to top cans. Just how it is heavily enginerd makes the last diff

Dammit bowei, now you're just trolling! What do you want me to say? These are "engineered" to have the same level of precision as the HD600s? I can't really compare these to many other headphones except some IEMs, but I guess I can say I think these sound better than the B2s? But that's because I didn't really like the bass light signature of the B2s. The only other V-curved HPs I own are the Wooduos, which have a much more extreme V-curve, and just sound tonally "off," especially in the vocal region.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #45,498 of 177,745
Ohayou Minna~

Quote:
 http://www.datasheetarchive.com/CS4206-CQ-datasheet.html

This is the DAC in our MBP's Borisu

It doesn't help that I hear "Saaaaaaaaaa~~~~" the moment I plug anything in...

Quote:
Oh
My
God

I still don't get what is there to "OMG" about.
(non-player here
tongue.gif
)

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #45,499 of 177,745
Random thought: You know what I think goes too unnoticed in the head-fi community? The SQ of different presses. I find that getting better sounding pressings of an album is leagues above the difference between 320 or v0 and FLAC in those terms.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #45,500 of 177,745
Quote:
Random thought: You know what I think goes too unnoticed in the head-fi community? The SQ of different presses. I find that getting better sounding pressings of an album is leagues above the difference between 320 or v0 and FLAC in those terms.

I agree, but usually it's an argument discussion, like everything in Audiophile-land. And downloading different pressings/editions can take a lot of time and work...

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #45,501 of 177,745
Quote:

what are presses?
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #45,502 of 177,745
Dec 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #45,503 of 177,745
Quote:
what are presses?
confused_face_2.gif

All joking aside, he's talking about different mastering or releases of different albums. 
Go on What and look at all the different versions of the Beatles albums for example. There are "pressings" from a bunch of different countries

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #45,504 of 177,745
Quote:
I agree, but usually it's an argument discussion, like everything in Audiophile-land. And downloading different pressings/editions can take a lot of time and work...

Yeah, although a lot are pretty definitive. Such as some of the typical compressed stuff that the masses get, which are usually CDs, though it's not a latent CD problem which is a misconception I see a lot. As long as the brick walling is gone and the separation is nice, then it becomes more of an opinion thing somewhat. I like getting a lot of the rips from pbthal and stuff like that. It's good enough for me but beyond that, I don't care too much if there is a better pressing out there. As long as it's not super compressed loudness.

Quote:
what are presses?
confused_face_2.gif

A pressing basically is a version of an album, EP, etc, whether that be original or otherwise.

Quote:
Definition of Press: an action of pressing or pushing

<_>

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #45,505 of 177,745
I remember the biggest difference I've heard....well, one of the biggest was when I got the original single vinyl pressing for "Under Pressure" by Queen and though I had a FLAC version from the greatest hits, this one was just utterly superior. For the first time I could tell there were two different people singing because I never knew there was! I heard it and was like, "What is there someone else singing?", looked it up, and it was David Bowei!

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #45,506 of 177,745
Listening to my friends 325i's for a few hours ^_^

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #45,507 of 177,745
Quote:

I had acquired (you know how 
wink.gif
) two different pressings of David Bowie's album Low. One was a regular release/pressing and the other one was a Japanese SHM-CD release (forgot which year those releases were). I had analysed the waveforms through audacity and it weren't exactly the same (although a bit close). What I remembered was that the Japanese pressing had finer details in the treble region but only slight.

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #45,509 of 177,745
Quote:
DSCN2218.jpg

Oh
My
God

That must sound cold *joke joke jok*.
Quote:
Dammit bowei, now you're just trolling! What do you want me to say? These are "engineered" to have the same level of precision as the HD600s? I can't really compare these to many other headphones except some IEMs, but I guess I can say I think these sound better than the B2s? But that's because I didn't really like the bass light signature of the B2s. The only other V-curved HPs I own are the Wooduos, which have a much more extreme V-curve, and just sound tonally "off," especially in the vocal region.

I'm not trolling, just tired. I got knocked out for a few hours again. I only slept for 6 to 7 hours last night.

Quote:
Ohayou Minna~

It doesn't help that I hear "Saaaaaaaaaa~~~~" the moment I plug anything in...

I still don't get what is there to "OMG" about.
(non-player here
tongue.gif
)

I get the same with my sensitives, otherwise nope.

Quote:

That would work for me if I listened to oldies or oldies bands still around today much :/

Quote:
All joking aside, he's talking about different mastering or releases of different albums. 
Go on What and look at all the different versions of the Beatles albums for example. There are "pressings" from a bunch of different countries

Hmm I didn't think Beatles had this
Quote:
I remember the biggest difference I've heard....well, one of the biggest was when I got the original single vinyl pressing for "Under Pressure" by Queen and though I had a FLAC version from the greatest hits, this one was just utterly superior. For the first time I could tell there were two different people singing because I never knew there was! I heard it and was like, "What is there someone else singing?", looked it up, and it was David Bowei!

Wait what!?? I like the song Under Pressure!?? What album press!?
Quote:
Listening to my friends 325i's for a few hours ^_^

How is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back