「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #45,481 of 177,745
100 unread posts = couldn't be bothered to read all of them.
Anyway, 2 days ago I checked in to Jaben and auditioned the Beyer Custom One Pro which honestly, I thought it was a bit mediocre. The bass switching works though from "where is it?" to "OMG!!!! TOOO MUUUUCCHHHH". Mids were withdrawn and not very detailed for a Beyer can.
Also tried the Flat-4 Sui IEM which I was very surprised because I thought it was going to be very bassy and dark. In fact, it was the polar opposite. Very, very piercing, almost too much. But at least, it did have some weight in the low end.
Tried the MDR-1R with a custom cable which made the bass much more controlled and made the sound more balanced. I like it!
Then, I tried the fabled Muramasa VIII which honestly, I was more annoyed by its weight and sheer discomfort rather than its price and sound. I couldn't wear it with my glasses. Sound wise though: very clean, analytical and neutral, smooth treble, overall quite an inspiring sound but really, not as exciting as the Stax but that discomfortness, it's more of a show piece than a headphone.

Now when I went home, I was caught in a massive traffic jam, it literally was a gridlock. The taxi couldn't even budge! So I got off from the taxi and walked home which was a distance of 4 kilometers. That may not sound much but believe me, in Jakarta 4km on foot feels more like 10km with all those bad and uneven pedestrian roads.
Here's a pic:

LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE ANTS!!!

Oh no wait, those are people fighting furiously to get home as quickly as possible which they can't.

Oh BTW, bad news. My Shure SE425 is gone. Either I lost it or somebody stole it. I left it at school but I didn't managed to find it.

Holy crap, that's crazy!

Flat is always justice.....b..but.... I don't discriminate. :p

No idea, I miss her. :frowning2:

That's insanity, the gridlock and the Shure's.

When I was in Cambodia, I saw a scooter with three people collide head on with a van/truck, they all passed away unfortunately. That wasn't a pleasant sight. 

Chaotic traffic always scares me.

On a lighter note, I'm going to the liquor store tomorrow, you guys want anything? I'll enjoy it in your stead. :D

Flatness IS justice!
Uh, do they sell jack Daniel's in AUS?
Yeah. I was on the brink of the knock out line replying last night
Is that a question? It is in the op to join whenever :)
I got one like that thinking his comebacks and pre teen language is cool.
Wow tht is worse congestion than NYC.
Thanks for the impressions. Ra97or really liked thr MDR 1R as well. Im interested now
Dam... Dem shures gone :frowning2:
Get a few bottles of jäger

You still didn't reply to my comment!!!

Hahaha. Same here.

We talking about What.CD or something? I'm very lost.
Duh. It would get very, very boring.
You were supposed to take me with you. Not satisfied.
Anybody can join or rejoin, unless we dislike them that much. Welcome back!
This.
I had 50+ pages of posts to read. You are very lazy.

Well obviously. It isn't intended to match their higher end cans.

I want to hear those MDR-1R's...

LOL. I have never seen a traffic jam that bad.

yes, we're talking about what.cd

Not sure what I'm supposed to eat for lunch. Both my parents are gone and my sister is at her friend's house. There's only some ramen in flavors I can't even read and some crappy macaroni and cheese.

First world problems...
Can't you walk to a store or fast food restaurant to get food?
Personally so far, the stock cable of the T50RP and the VModa cable doesn't do jack **** to sound, and only to ergonomics. I don't see any reason to go out of my way to test out more using my own money. A chance to try it not from my money, so that I don't feel like I have to get my worth out of the purchase of some miracle cable, sure I'll take any chance to try and A/B some cables. Provided that I don't have to spend any money on it, so that there's no justification bias on my part.
Lets just agree to disagree for now, since I also disagree with your assessment that the Beyer T1 is good, which IMO is utter **** because it's a Knives of Doom treble dispenser, even with a tube amp.

Haha, that gave me a good laugh!

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #45,482 of 177,745
Quote:
Holy crap, that's crazy!
Flatness IS justice!
Uh, do they sell jack Daniel's in AUS?
You still didn't reply to my comment!!!
yes, we're talking about what.cd
First world problems...
Can't you walk to a store or fast food restaurant to get food?
Haha, that gave me a good laugh!

What did your comment say?

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #45,483 of 177,745
What did your comment say?

It was about how Asian and delicious your food looked, and how I was suddenly hungry for curry...

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #45,487 of 177,745
Dec 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #45,489 of 177,745
That is already on there.

I have a 3 - 3.5MB/s upload here so I am very happy uploading everything.....
Lucky :frowning2: mine is 4 megabits...
Yay, Borisu's SOMiC headphones showed up today!!!

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #45,490 of 177,745
Quote:
Lucky
frown.gif
mine is 4 megabits...
Yay, Borisu's SOMiC headphones showed up today!!!

My at home one is 2.5 Mb/s upload and 3.25 to 3.5MB/s download.

How are they? Juicy?

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #45,492 of 177,745
My at home one is 2.5 Mb/s upload and 3.25 to 3.5MB/s download.

How are they? Juicy?

Ah, got it...
Yeah, theyre pretty juicy.
Impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing/135#post_8983966

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #45,493 of 177,745
Quote:
Ah, got it...
Yeah, theyre pretty juicy.
Impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing/135#post_8983966

Your impressions only noted the cons. What are the pro's homeboy!!!!!!??

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #45,494 of 177,745
Your impressions only noted the cons. What are the pro's homeboy!!!!!!??

Uh, they sound almost as good as the HD600s at 1/8 the price?

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #45,495 of 177,745
Quote:
Uh, they sound almost as good as the HD600s at 1/8 the price?

That doesn't really say much other than a very smooth well balanced sound. If you think about it. All audio is very close to each other. If it can already move the diaphram (or whatever) thousands of times per second and produce sonic waves that are easy to tell apart as human voices, it is already close to top cans. Just how it is heavily enginerd makes the last diff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back