「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #43,411 of 177,745
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-updated-on-11-9-2012/375#post_8940534
in case he edits his post:

I am certain you are all audio enthusiasts, trying to manufacture a product but lack the professional R&D approach, to put it bluntly you are amateurs when it comes to production R&D. Being enthusiastic does not necessarily mean you are professionally capable. Professionals would NOT request/require consumer feed-back for development, have you ever seen Samsung or Apple enter Forums to ask for opinions ? It is a case of "too many cooks spoils the broth" you have lost sight of the original concept of portability and ended up designing an Amp for indoor usage with full sized headphones.

This is because you design a product for a category but fail to keep the criteria bound to that category which is PORTABILITY as stated in the title of this OP. You are also wrong when you say the JDS Labs C421 and the ALO portable Amps are of the same size, they are NOT, C421 and ALO Rx MK3, ALO Rx MkII, etc etc are 10cm +/- in length but the E12 is 124cm long and it is this extra 2cm which makes it not fully congruous with mobile-phone usage because it will block the back camera. Your suggestion of attaching the E12 to the screen of the iPhone (how to access the UI ?) or sliding the Amp up/down (risking scratches on a £699 device ?) definitely show signs of thoughtless input , same as your R&D.

If the OP title states *Upcoming FiiO " Flagship " amp Mont Blanc/E12*, I would say you have been very successful and if true to the specifications then you have a very good product.

Something which is NOT portable for a portable Amp then you have failed because you design the device to the users wishes rather than adherent to the original criteria of portability.

I also understand the reason for defending a product when it is far too late to pull from production to meet ETA. The more vehement the defence, the more truth in the ridicule.

You can self congratulate, self praise however much, the device is still too long to be congruous with mobile phones (I repeat yet again).

Well, if what you guys are doing in that thread is pressing FiiO to implement this feature or that feature, than you should know that's what made the FiiO X3 originally fail, among other reasons. But the he only thinks of using only just with the iPhone, which is pretty ignorant of him. There are a lot of other phones that's bigger than the Mont Blanc. All the other amps listed is mainly aimed for iPhone size first and foremost, so that's why they are shaped that way. I'm sure that FiiO would want to target them too, but considering that FiiO is more than just catering to Apple products, it makes sense to not be exactly the size of the iPhone. Besides the iPhone 5 is the same length as the Mont Blanc.

And if he looks back at all the for-iPhone portable amps, all of them cover the back camera so it's a non-issue since a long time. Same goes with the Picoslim, the Fostex HP-P1, the new Sony DAC/amp, etc. The only for-iPhone amp that I can think of that is designed to allow usage of the camera is the VModa VAMP and the Go-DAP, which is what VModa outsourced from. So no, his argument regarding using the camera with any amp attached is invalid.

And when you consider stuff like the HP-P1, the new Sony DAC/amp, the CLAS, etc, they are way bigger and bulkier than the Mont Blanc. He's just butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.

I would guess next that he would say those are way out of the price range of the Mont Blanc and it doesn't count. Just put him in the ignore list to ignore his ignorance.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #43,412 of 177,745
Quote:
Well, if what you guys are doing in that thread is pressing FiiO to implement this feature or that feature, than you should know that's what made the FiiO X3 originally fail, among other reasons. But the he only thinks of using only just with the iPhone, which is pretty ignorant of him. There are a lot of other phones that's bigger than the Mont Blanc. All the other amps listed is mainly aimed for iPhone size first and foremost, so that's why they are shaped that way. I'm sure that FiiO would want to target them too, but considering that FiiO is more than just catering to Apple products, it makes sense to not be exactly the size of the iPhone. Besides the iPhone 5 is the same length as the Mont Blanc.
And if he looks back at all the for-iPhone portable amps, all of them cover the back camera so it's a non-issue since a long time. Same goes with the Picoslim, the Fostex HP-P1, the new Sony DAC/amp, etc. The only for-iPhone amp that I can think of that is designed to allow usage of the camera is the VModa VAMP and the Go-DAP, which is what VModa outsourced from. So no, his argument regarding using the camera with any amp attached is invalid.
And when you consider stuff like the HP-P1, the new Sony DAC/amp, the CLAS, etc, they are way bigger and bulkier than the Mont Blanc. He's just butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.
I would guess next that he would say those are way out of the price range of the Mont Blanc and it doesn't count. Just put him in the ignore list to ignore his ignorance.

Yeah not to mention, that using this amp is optional.

His argument later that no professional company looks at user feedback has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #43,413 of 177,745
Yeah not to mention, that using this amp is optional.

His argument later that no professional company looks at user feedback has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read.

You have my permission to use the points but not link my post there. /banevoice

I don't want to deal with him, and I already put him in my "Noise in forum" list.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #43,414 of 177,745
Quote:
You have my permission to use the points but not link my post there. /banevoice
I don't want to deal with him, and I already put him in my "Noise in forum" list.

I get units from FiiO. Starting a flame war wouldn't look good. 

Yeah, his previous comments were SOO bad as well. Compalining that there were not going to be any availbility and thus nobody was going to buy them.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #43,415 of 177,745
He doesn't understand the concept of sacrificing one thing to gain another. Want something to drive large headphones? Have the amp cover the camera and being bulky. Want to have small, slim amp instead? Than be prepared to not be able to use large headphones on the go. Want easy access to camera while still having an amp? Then you either import a Japanese amp, buy VModa's awesomely gaudy and fashionable VAMP, or buying something even smaller. Heck he even did quoted the Vivo whatever as having too much compromise on the phone side just for the audio. Also this reminds me of the iBasso DX100. That's an AIO Android PMP that compromises portable size for a very versatile feature for Audiophiles.

Like I said, his arguments are invalid since he can't understand the concept of compromises.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #43,416 of 177,745
Quote:
He doesn't understand the concept of sacrificing one thing to gain another. Want something to drive large headphones? Have the amp cover the camera and being bulky. Want to have small, slim amp instead? Than be prepared to not be able to use large headphones on the go. Want easy access to camera while still having an amp? Then you either import a Japanese amp, buy VModa's awesomely gaudy and fashionable VAMP, or buying something even smaller. Heck he even did quoted the Vivo whatever as having too much compromise on the phone side just for the audio. Also this reminds me of the iBasso DX100. That's an AIO Android PMP that compromises portable size for a very versatile feature for Audiophiles.
Like I said, his arguments are invalid since he can't understand the concept of compromises.

I would instead also just say very short sighted. 

This amp...IS..$150-$200 after all. If he wants big power output, doesn't cover camera, sleek. He must either chip out $600 or tie that E12 horizontaly. Up to him.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #43,417 of 177,745

I would instead also just say very short sighted. 

This amp...IS..$150-$200 after all. If he wants big power output, doesn't cover camera, sleek. He must either chip out $600 or tie that E12 horizontaly. Up to him.

I'm done talking about him. I'm going to sleep.

On-topic post: the songs I get from gendou for the Full OP of Psycho-pass and Full OP for R;N is such low quality that I'm worried something somewhere is broken. Glad it's just the files that're crap. Nothing worse to butcher songs you love than some low quality version of it.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #43,418 of 177,745
Quote:
On-topic post: the songs I get from gendou for the Full OP of Psycho-pass and Full OP for R;N is such low quality that I'm worried something somewhere is broken. Glad it's just the files that're crap. Nothing worse to butcher songs you love than some low quality version of it.

Try Nipponsei

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #43,419 of 177,745
New Avatar :D
It's a little pixellated but that's the pic I could find... If anybody knows what episode that's from, I'll grab it directly from my 1080p copy

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #43,420 of 177,745
Quote:

Peeked at the OP of the thread you guys are talking about. It said >700mW...doesn't say at what ohms, but if relevant that's already damn big power output, probably way more than needed for anything that guy is imagining or that most people would ever use.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #43,421 of 177,745
Quote:

The OP and ED for Psychoo pass I got from nyaa. They aren't exactly quality songs ...but I don't know if its due to production or if it was just crap files... not bad to listen to though

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #43,423 of 177,745
[size=x-small]
[/size]

I thought this was pretty epic

Chuunibyou X Guilty Crown

Or could be Chuunibyou X Shining
Sword voids are pretty special case.

I admit the theoretical stuff in math just blows your mind, but engineers put in the most work by far and have the most lectures/tutorials/labs (40+ hours/week in engineering vs. 19 hours/week in CS).

Ever heard of Engineering Science? Run away as soon as you hear of the program. Doesn't matter whether you're AP/IB - you simply won't be able to handle the workload. It will break you.

A PSA on Eng Sci: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcPO4yhWSUg

I would have liked to take Engineering Science... Because one of my prof, now retired, was in that and inspired me a lot. He worked for NASA and did a lot of work and research regarding sounds and vibrations. Never got the chance to take his advanced course because he retired T-T was looking forward too. And he was coming to Montreal each week from Toronto to teach man.

I took a very big step and changed my avatar to a non-Mio-wearing-K701 one, and nobody reacted.
。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
That's what all the IB teachers tell you son, but in truth it will just be the first half a year. The IB syllabus is larger than most other school systems', so it will undoubtedly cover some university theory. However, the advantage will only last for about half a year.
I agree with you that IB is a much better preparation for university than other school systems (like my local one, for example), but it's not some holy grail. It also does not have a heavier workload than university as some people claim. It's just that most people doing IB don't know how to plan ahead correctly, while in university most people DO learn that. It just seems as if IB has a high workload to most people, but it really is not that bad at all as long as you keep breathing and just do the frigging work you're supposed to.
Engineering expects much more personal initiative and working hours than natural sciences and math do. For some the personal initiative part is very difficult, while for others the difficulty of the subject matter itself is what makes the natural sciences and math too difficult for some.
I don't have to do jack crap at home, but I do have to pay very good attention at lectures and make good notes.
This Pocky is made in Japan. It has been bought in Japan and taken here by personal luggage in airplane.
One of them has two packs of 12, and the other (expensive looking) one has 4 packs of 6.
It says ココア仕上げ, or 'cocoa finish'.
It also has some scary looking string of kanji I can't decipher without the use of a radical dictionary (for which I am too lazy).
Here's a picture:

Reaction too... what?
This
Wth?
For real dude, what do you even think of us? I honestly have no idea why we would react like you implied to that statement.
In fact, I truly feel offended. So here's a big f* you from me to you.
I love all of you guys, and I consider all of you close friends. I don't know where you got it in your head to think otherwise, Panda. Did you forget the fact that I was truly shocked and got depressed when Graphidz left for a while half a year ago?
This.
Except Uchuu Kyoudai gets priority.

Yeah those pocky look Japanese even just from the packaging lol. Was referring to those we find locally.
And yes that kanji string says winter season limited.
Man that's a lot of sticks per pack. Maybe mines are the small package.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #43,424 of 177,745
Quote:
New Avatar :D
It's a little pixellated but that's the pic I could find... If anybody knows what episode that's from, I'll grab it directly from my 1080p copy

I read the manga, there are too many yuna(or was it yuno) creeper shots to know which one.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #43,425 of 177,745
Quote:
I read the manga, there are too many yuna(or was it yuno) creeper shots to know which one.

Yuno. That was definitely from the anime though.
I've got another creeper pic of her I was thinking of using as well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back