「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #43,396 of 177,745
Quote:
And another thing, that crying fat sack of moe on the top right is too distracting, so I'm assuming direct control of it.

I thought so too. I was wondering why nobody did anything.

c

'

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #43,397 of 177,745
I found it funny many times. Pretty general remember. Clannad was very serious and dramatic in the last 10 episodes but from the first 10 episodes of S2, it was more or less humour and SoL and slight Romance.

Really? I found Kokoro Connect failing in dramatic impact, and I didn't even consider it the least funny when watching it.

In any case, what I understand under humor is an anime oriented towards comedy or satire. Kokoro Connect definitely wasn't. It had a lot of comic relief, but it sure wasn't comedy.
Same goes for Clannad, it also had a lot of comic relief, but it's main genre were quite obviously still SoL, drama and romance.

A comedy is a show with the main intent to make the viewer laugh. There are many anime that fit this description, so it's fair to give it its own category.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #43,399 of 177,745
Quote:
Bass impact ain't everything, son. It's the only area it is lacking in.
Bass extension however is still really deep.
Yes, SRD-7 needs a speaker amp, which was no problem in my case since I have a pretty decent speaker amp already. You can also get a cheap Stax amp for $300 and up.
You can get a new SR-207 + SRS-2170 for $600.

I know, but I want something with good impact in my near future. Something with big, manly sub bass :D
That is a problem for people like me that don't have a good speaker amp though. My Pioneer receiver has some weird distortion going on, so I believe that's probably out of the picture. Dunno though, if I can find a cheap stax setup I'm willing to try stats.
Quote:

Looks pretty good :)

REtro 8 bit type wording?

Yeah, I think it looks really great myself...

I'm thinking of cancelling my order of Clannad and Clannad after story Blu-rays from Rightstuf and putting $64 more dollars towards headphones... Does anybody know if Sentai filmworks uses those god awful yellow subtitles in their releases? That's pretty much the deciding factor on if I'll cancel my order at this point in time.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #43,400 of 177,745
Quote:
Really? I found Kokoro Connect failing in dramatic impact, and I didn't even consider it the least funny when watching it.
In any case, what I understand under humor is an anime oriented towards comedy or satire. Kokoro Connect definitely wasn't. It had a lot of comic relief, but it sure wasn't comedy.
Same goes for Clannad, it also had a lot of comic relief, but it's main genre were quite obviously still SoL, drama and romance.
A comedy is a show with the main intent to make the viewer laugh. There are many anime that fit this description, so it's fair to give it its own category.

I did too. It didn't fail until it tried to pull the dramatic impact thing once every arc it did..then it got ridiculous.

....to be honest, I had NOTHING I watch that is comedy so I just threw in kokoro connect

iPhone 5 Chan deserves a repost:

900x900px-LL-f2ef8c25_900x900px-LL-8d64f9b2_dfc6fa01fdc66d11f6b9c92427d832a7.jpeg

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #43,402 of 177,745
Quote:
I know, but I want something with good impact in my near future. Something with big, manly sub bass :D
That is a problem for people like me that don't have a good speaker amp though. My Pioneer receiver has some weird distortion going on, so I believe that's probably out of the picture. Dunno though, if I can find a cheap stax setup I'm willing to try stats.
Yeah, I think it looks really great myself...

I'm thinking of cancelling my order of Clannad and Clannad after story Blu-rays from Rightstuf and putting $64 more dollars towards headphones... Does anybody know if Sentai filmworks uses those god awful yellow subtitles in their releases? That's pretty much the deciding factor on if I'll cancel my order at this point in time.

..google?
Quote:
You bast...

I choose inko-chan because I knew you hated it haha.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #43,403 of 177,745
I did too. It didn't fail until it tried to pull the dramatic impact thing once every arc it did..then it got ridiculous.

....to be honest, I had NOTHING I watch that is comedy so I just threw in kokoro connect

Seriously? No comedy?

I'd guess Chuunibyou would be a lot better candidate than Kokoro Connect.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #43,405 of 177,745
Quote:
Seriously? No comedy?
I'd guess Chuunibyou would be a lot better candidate than Kokoro Connect.

I already had chuunibyou in best SoL so I couldn't do comedy. 

....see. This is why I prefer as many anime for each section

I just saw this, gave me a good laugh

Frosty the creeper:
[size=x-small][/size]

My window is right next to my bed. If someone did this to me. I would schiit bricks when I woke up.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #43,406 of 177,745
I already had chuunibyou in best SoL so I couldn't do comedy. 

....see. This is why I prefer as many anime for each section

No you're thinking this wrongly. I said before that one category couldn't have more than one, not that one anime couldn't be in more than one category. Lord of the Rings can win as many Oscar category as it can, but one Oscar category can't have more than 1 movie, since that wouldn't really say what's best for that category.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #43,407 of 177,745
Quote:
No you're thinking this wrongly. I said before that one category couldn't have more than one, not that one anime couldn't be in more than one category. Lord of the Rings can win as many Oscar category as it can, but one Oscar category can't have more than 1 movie, since that wouldn't really say what's best for that category.

OHHHHH.

I get it know. You know why I put more than one in one category? I wasn't making a final list. I was just putting them in there as possibilities for top anime. I didn't really make a choice. I was just sorting the ones I liked into diff categories.

Anyway, I just found quite possibly ...... I don't know how to explain it... just read

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-updated-on-11-9-2012/375#post_8940534
in case he edits his post:

I am certain you are all audio enthusiasts, trying to manufacture a product but lack the professional R&D approach, to put it bluntly you are amateurs when it comes to production R&D. Being enthusiastic does not necessarily mean you are professionally capable. Professionals would NOT request/require consumer feed-back for development, have you ever seen Samsung or Apple enter Forums to ask for opinions ? It is a case of "too many cooks spoils the broth" you have lost sight of the original concept of portability and ended up designing an Amp for indoor usage with full sized headphones.

This is because you design a product for a category but fail to keep the criteria bound to that category which is PORTABILITY as stated in the title of this OP. You are also wrong when you say the JDS Labs C421 and the ALO portable Amps are of the same size, they are NOT, C421 and ALO Rx MK3, ALO Rx MkII, etc etc are 10cm +/- in length but the E12 is 124cm long and it is this extra 2cm which makes it not fully congruous with mobile-phone usage because it will block the back camera. Your suggestion of attaching the E12 to the screen of the iPhone (how to access the UI ?) or sliding the Amp up/down (risking scratches on a £699 device ?) definitely show signs of thoughtless input , same as your R&D.

If the OP title states *Upcoming FiiO " Flagship " amp Mont Blanc/E12*, I would say you have been very successful and if true to the specifications then you have a very good product.
Something which is NOT portable for a portable Amp then you have failed because you design the device to the users wishes rather than adherent to the original criteria of portability.
I also understand the reason for defending a product when it is far too late to pull from production to meet ETA. The more vehement the defence, the more truth in the ridicule.
You can self congratulate, self praise however much, the device is still too long to be congruous with mobile phones (I repeat yet again).

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #43,408 of 177,745
Quote:
..google?

Google produced no results...
Eventually though, I looked through the Amazon reviews and it looks like the subs are indeed yellow :/

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #43,409 of 177,745
Quote:
Alright, Borisu is dead or sleeping or something right now, so again, P-H is stalled >_<
I think he should just send the files as they are to the case maker and see if they look right on that guy's setup...
Here's the final drawings for the front and back silkscreens unless someone wants something else or notices a fault:

That looks awesome.

Quote:
My window is right next to my bed. If someone did this to me. I would schiit bricks when I woke up.

Hahahaha.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #43,410 of 177,745
Quote:

That looks awesome.

Hahahaha.

Yeah! Now hopefully the taobao seller will be able to open them properly, Borisu is having trouble with the font formatting and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back