「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #43,441 of 177,745
Quote:

Random Japanese person???  Not following...  Yup, the crow.  Apparently, a "currawong" is a bird from Australia.  We've been using that as the central theme more or less.

No worries!  FYI, you're always one of the first ones to get one.  Either Doc or I insta-make one for you right at the outset. 
smile.gif

Whatever person Tilpo mentioned along with the currawong... I googled it and it came up with some random Asian person...
Quote:
Dude... I don't even get snow here in HK....

:frowning2:

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #43,442 of 177,745
Quote:
I was going to suggest this but it technically costs money...

Quote:
It's not fully free.

Yeah, but even after the trial period runs out, it's still pretty much a fully featured converter. Sure you can't use LAME anymore, but do you absolutely have to use LAME? There's still Helix and Fraunhofer. Still the best converter that I know of, paid or not. It does practically every format imaginable and gives you a plethora of options compared to other programs I've tried in the past. Unless there's something new out there I haven't heard of.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #43,443 of 177,745
Quote:

Random Japanese person???  Not following...  Yup, the crow.  Apparently, a "currawong" is a bird from Australia.  We've been using that as the central theme more or less.

No worries!  FYI, you're always one of the first ones to get one.  Either Doc or I insta-make one for you right at the outset. 
smile.gif

yay! I feel special now

Quote:
LOL I've thinking It was a crow or something.

lol!! :) It's a bird..not a crow. Although a crow is a bird.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #43,444 of 177,745
Quote:
yeah...technically you know?

lol ok. I just thought he may of meant it's one of those programs that were fully functional and just plop up a message saying, "HEY! YOU BETTER PAY FOR ME REAL SOON
mad.gif
" and you just close it lol.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #43,445 of 177,745
Quote:
eah, but even after the trial period runs out, it's still pretty much a fully featured converter. Sure you can't use LAME anymore, but do you absolutely have to use LAME? There's still Helix and Fraunhofer. Still the best converter that I know of, paid or not. It does practically every format imaginable and gives you a plethora of options compared to other programs I've tried in the past. Unless there's something new out there I haven't heard of.

LAME MP3 VBR v-0 >AAC 320kbps CBR> MP3 320kbps CBR

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #43,448 of 177,745
@kalbee
Thank you for doing the lord's job.\
900x900px-LL-f9a9ba0f_gif-baby-lawd-gif.gif

Was not able to stand the amount of fail in his rant. He sounded like a spoiled arrogant brat so something in me snapped.
Ever since I got home from work, amount of time spent on that post > time studying (this one is near 0). Aye. Terrible.
Aiite, hope I don't pop up here again within the evening.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #43,449 of 177,745
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #43,451 of 177,745
Quote:
Was not able to stand the amount of fail in his rant. He sounded like a spoiled arrogant brat so something in me snapped.
Ever since I got home from work, amount of time spent on that post > time studying (this one is near 0). Aye. Terrible.
Aiite, hope I don't pop up here again within the evening.

Lol.

My lamborghini is too uncomfortable, fast, won't fit enough people and won't fit in my garage. I demand that you fix this. For example, I know perfectly well that a Nissan Altima can fit four people and is safe so I demand that you do the same for this lamborghini that car enthusiats would buy on this enthusiast website that sells niche products to those people. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #43,452 of 177,745
*has not left yet so no I am not back per say*

LOL That makes NO FLIPPIN' SENSE!

Sure it does!
 lol!! :) It's a bird parallelogram..not a crow square. Although a crow square is a bird parallelogram.

Follow the same logic. This time we cannot attribute your lack of comprehension to bowei's sudden lack of coherence syndrom (giraffe-hamster syndrome).

Lol what a weird dance.
Idolm@ster has dance moves almost identical to this ==> weird namco lol.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #43,453 of 177,745
Quote:

You can hear a difference? If so, a significant/meaningful difference? If not, what are you talking about?

I can usually in an ABX test differentiate between a lossless CD ripped track and its lossy ripped one. However this is only with the foobar ABX where you match A with X and B with Y and vice versa. I can't tell which one is the lossy and which is the lossless but I know that they sound different and can choose it correctly.

However choosing between MP3 320 kbps CBR and MP3 Lame 320kbps VBR v-0 has never been done by me. 

So why do it?

This question goes back to why some don't use ALAC, iTunes, and want to listen to MP3's. I mean, why do we even keep downloading those FLAC's even though the MP3 already is good enough? It's a guraantee basically. I just want to guarantee that it can sound just as good as my lossless track.

For something that makes more sense, why do we look at review before buying a product. For example, I want a $70 printer, why not just go out and buy it, they will all print? Yeah but if you are going to get one already anyway, why not get the best you can achieve. Same thing, if its already an option and you have easy control over whether to use it, why not go with the better option.

Lame MP3 320kbps VBR v-0 not only is a lower file size than AAC 256kbps and MP3 320kbps but is also superior.

Quote:
ROFL!!!!!
Dat second picture...

It's forever in my avatar

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #43,454 of 177,745
Quote:
You can hear a difference? If so, a significant/meaningful difference? If not, what are you talking about?

lol there isn't a significant difference between lossless and lossy in the first place.
There's no way I could tell without some critical listening and/or AB-ing the two.
Let alone in difference in lossy formats with the same bit-rate.....

Though I still like to keep my music lossless for non-audio reasons
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #43,455 of 177,745
Lol.

My lamborghini is too uncomfortable, fast, won't fit enough people and won't fit in my garage. I demand that you fix this. For example, I know perfectly well that a Nissan Altima can fit four people and is safe so I demand that you do the same for this lamborghini that car enthusiats would buy on this enthusiast website that sells niche products to those people. 

Basically. roflmao.
Well said, well said!

Okay I'm out. Otatumi miina* in advance.

* : Used with provisional permission by Panda man bowei006. Batteries not included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back