「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #41,686 of 177,745
Seems like every shop you guys are trying to buy from are trying to back out of their BF deals
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #41,687 of 177,745
Seems like every shop you guys are trying to buy from are trying to back out of their BF deals :p

Yup! Except amazon... They haven't backed out on my deals, although they're non-headphone purchases that haven't been shipped out yet... Whatever!

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #41,689 of 177,745
Grr, :mad:
Beach audio, or buy dig, or whoever the hell sold me the AD900s at $79 said it was a price error and they claimed to have canceled my order, but I went into eBay and PayPal and they hadn't canceled/refunded there yet. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least they're not sending you a box of condoms. :rolleyes:

I must be focused on what I want to get next. No headphone deals have forced their way to my wallet. I just got a pair of shoes for now. Hurray for my wallet!

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #41,690 of 177,745
Here, everybody, make this your next audio purchase:
link
It's the deal of the century and they won't back out I swear!
/troll

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #41,691 of 177,745
At least they're not sending you a box of condoms. :rolleyes:
I must be focused on what I want to get next. No headphone deals have forced their way to my wallet. I just got a pair of shoes for now. Hurray for my wallet!

I wouldn't mind that...:p
@joe: those are significantly more than what you paid for them...
I'm also fairly confident my Hd600s beat them out in one area or another...

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #41,692 of 177,745
I should be using the time my waifu is out to play some much awaited Sono Hanabira but these $44 open air headphones are sounding so good playing music that I can't stop :basshead:

Well I guess I need to check how well they play ecchi sounds too so I better get cracking :p

LOL. Well as I used to say... HI-FI headphones to hear all the details in dat H,

LOL play h-game with open headphones? :D

I would do that. Just so I can hear when anyone is coming near my room...!

Man scroo soundearphones. I can't apply 2 gift cards to one purchase? That's dumb as hell. Canceled my order and now I'm not going to have any money to buy anything this holiday because of them -_-;;

What, you can't? What kind of broken store is that.
At the store I work at, I've once had to pass 4 gift cards in the same bill for a customer that had a bunch of $25 cards.
Not accepting more than 1 gift card is dumb... you sure? (some stores still do it but yeah...)

link
/troll

Ordered! Shipping was $60 though Dx

@Manveru:
Not sure where my quote went... but yeah, CPU, RAM, soundcard unless you are using a USB interface recording unit.
Won't even need highly expensive/performing CPU. I'd grab anything >2.2Ghz >1core with about 8GB of RAM and be done with it.
We'll see how panda responds, but recording has not been an excessively demanding task IME.
Heck maybe a AM3+ + FX-4100 + 8GB DDR3 ==> under $300 would do the job. If the PC is going to be in the same room, then you might want to look into a quieter case I guess, just in case.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #41,696 of 177,745
Quote:
Meh. I don't have anybody to sell it to though.
Sucks to be you.

Craigslist is a thing... Just hope whoever is interested in them isn't a crackhead or serial killer...

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #41,697 of 177,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL. Well as I used to say... HI-FI headphones to hear all the details in dat H,

I would do that. Just so I can hear when anyone is coming near my room...!

Quote:
link
/troll

Ordered! Shipping was $60 though Dx

H-Fi
L3000.gif

Anyone can hear what you're playing too though
confused_face_2.gif

Srsly?  The $60 shipping for a $69 headphone part sounds like you're trolling me right back though
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #41,698 of 177,745
H-Fi :L3000:
Anyone can hear what you're playing too though :confused_face_2:

Srsly?  The $60 shipping for a $69 headphone part sounds like you're trolling me right back though :tongue_smile:

ofc :D
The link doesn't even work for lol
for me at least.
But shipping cost > Item cost is not a uncommon sight at all around here ^^;

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #41,699 of 177,745
Quote:
@Manveru:
Not sure where my quote went... but yeah, CPU, RAM, soundcard unless you are using a USB interface recording unit.
Won't even need highly expensive/performing CPU. I'd grab anything >2.2Ghz >1core with about 8GB of RAM and be done with it.
We'll see how panda responds, but recording has not been an excessively demanding task IME.
Heck maybe a AM3+ + FX-4100 + 8GB DDR3 ==> under $300 would do the job. If the PC is going to be in the same room, then you might want to look into a quieter case I guess, just in case.

I'll actually be doing mixing/mastering more than recording. Tens of of fancy plugins, maybe even approaching 100 depending on the song, all running at the same time which is more intense than just recording, but still not too insane I think.

Dunno. I've been thinking about just going for Core i3. It should still be within my budget, and I want to get the best possible, even if something a little cheaper might be "good enough." Google results seem to indicate that it's generally better than some comparable stuff from AMD (correct me if I'm wrong), and the price difference from what I can tell so far is pretty negligible. RAM seems to be quite cheap so I'm not too worried about that. A 1TB Barracuda is like $80.

I'm not sure just what kind of power supply I'd need? I saw a Corsair CX430 for $17 after rebate?

I think the thing I understand the least is how to pick a good motherboard.

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #41,700 of 177,745
Quote:

I'll actually be doing mixing/mastering more than recording. Tens of of fancy plugins, maybe even approaching 100 depending on the song, all running at the same time which is more intense than just recording, but still not too insane I think.

Dunno. I've been thinking about just going for Core i3. It should still be within my budget, and I want to get the best possible, even if something a little cheaper might be "good enough." Google results seem to indicate that it's generally better than some comparable stuff from AMD (correct me if I'm wrong), and the price difference from what I can tell so far is pretty negligible. RAM seems to be quite cheap so I'm not too worried about that. A 1TB Barracuda is like $80.

I'm not sure just what kind of power supply I'd need? I saw a Corsair CX430 for $17 after rebate?

I think the thing I understand the least is how to pick a good motherboard.

Do you know how to build a computer? If you do, then it should be straight forward and will get you better upgradeability for parts and a bit more performance. A pre made laptop also works. There are some decent $400 pc's out there right now.

Do you game or want to a tiny bit? Then AMD A8 or A10 depending on budget. 
Just performance? i3 Ivy Bridge

For such a small budget and need, a $40 case with built in PSU would do fine. Or if you can get a free case from a friends old un used or broken dell, then yes, that $17 PSU (or just re using the one found in many computers) will be fine. You can get a free case or not spend money on a case and PSU if you ask around. Most old desktops use 300-450W PSU's with bad efficency but nothing that would affect a sub $400 computer.

At such a low price. It is a brain easy task to choose one. You should only use newegg or tiger direct or amazon of course. That already limits what you have. I recommend newegg, and then you look at what slots and ports you want on it. It should be around $50. Micro ATX at this price point gives better price to performance than a $50 ATX mobo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back