「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 3, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #1,891 of 177,744

Quote:
Oh lol. Confused how I read that wrong.

This is my go to place when I have nothing to do (or something to do). There's not much going on at OCN because we're all just waiting for Kepler and IB (and the new Z77 boards) so there isn't much to talk about. The 7970 vs 580 thing ended pretty quickly.

haha go check it out guys :)

who won? im going to get 580 bc Nvidia has more...apps that are "tailored" *cough cough* for their cards and Nvidia has a bigger dedicated GPU following

Really? i would have went with the AKG's..i hear way more good things about it :/ but then again i haven't done any research at all on those two. my next set im looking at a D2K

UPDATE:someone help me plz..im having a hard time reading and gettting...a message from kodomo no jikan

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,892 of 177,744

Quote:
Starting to wonder if I should start doing my research for some good headphones, DAC, and amp.

IMO start with the headphones first. Or if you're flexible enough, amp and headphones I guess.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh lol. Confused how I read that wrong.

This is my go to place when I have nothing to do (or something to do). There's not much going on at OCN because we're all just waiting for Kepler and IB (and the new Z77 boards) so there isn't much to talk about. The 7970 vs 580 thing ended pretty quickly.

haha go check it out guys :)

who won? im going to get 580 bc Nvidia has more...apps that are "tailored" *cough cough* for their cards and Nvidia has a bigger dedicated GPU following

Really? i would have went with the AKG's..i hear way more good things about it :/ but then again i haven't done any research at all on those two. my next set im looking at a D2K

UPDATE:someone help me plz..im having a hard time reading and gettting...a message from kodomo no jikan

As much as I want that Q/K70idontcareanymore, just coming from my E10 would make me want to spend something on an amp too, judging from the looks of it. Of course all of that may just be me overthinking things, again, but I'd rather take something that is great unamped rather than okay unamped, especially if I can get it cheaper too. All in all, I think they are somewhat similar, but still different, and that will make me want to buy them regardless. It's just a matter of managing what you're going to buy first.

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,893 of 177,744

Quote:
IMO start with the headphones first. Or if you're flexible enough, amp and headphones I guess.

As much as I want that Q/K70idontcareanymore, just coming from my E10 would make me want to spend something on an amp too, judging from the looks of it. Of course all of that may just be me overthinking things, again, but I'd rather take something that is great unamped rather than okay unamped, especially if I can get it cheaper too. All in all, I think they are somewhat similar, but still different, and that will make me want to buy them regardless. It's just a matter of managing what you're going to buy first.

that's why im looking at D2K's..bc i already have an amp and DAC and the D2K is easy to drive

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,894 of 177,744
I am thinking about the D2K's but I really want to know if there's a much better offering for J-Pop, J-Rock, Vocaloids, etc. Price...under $400? That's really high for me. I considered the D2K's because you can get them for around $250. I remember you could by calling J&R and trying to bring down the price.

The D2K's also open up a lot of options for amps and stuff because they can be easily driven.

And then I was thinking about getting a pair of IEMs for on the go (school, etc.) and was considering the UE350 + a Clip+ and a Zo2.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,895 of 177,744

Quote:
I am thinking about the D2K's but I really want to know if there's a much better offering for J-Pop, J-Rock, Vocaloids, etc. Price...under $400? That's really high for me. I considered the D2K's because you can get them for around $250. I remember you could by calling J&R and trying to bring down the price.

The D2K's also open up a lot of options for amps and stuff because they can be easily driven.

And then I was thinking about getting a pair of IEMs for on the go (school, etc.) and was considering the UE350 + a Clip+ and a Zo2.

yeah D2K :)

why ZO2? why do you keep bringing it up? it's not a highly rated...device. i won't call it an amp.

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,896 of 177,744

Quote:
yeah D2K :)

why ZO2? why do you keep bringing it up? it's not a highly rated...device. i won't call it an amp.

The contours affect how much bass comes out right? Well, I want to be able to hear the certain sections a bit more so that's why. I'm not calling it an amp either.

After seeing Windows 8 loaded onto an ARM tablet, I really wish a company makes a Win 8 tablet with a LOD or LOJ. Looks so nice. Microsoft, run to the patent office before Apple does, now.

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,897 of 177,744

Quote:
The contours affect how much bass comes out right? Well, I want to be able to hear the certain sections a bit more so that's why. I'm not calling it an amp either.

After seeing Windows 8 loaded onto an ARM tablet, I really wish a company makes a Win 8 tablet with a LOD or LOJ. Looks so nice. Microsoft, run to the patent office before Apple does, now.

the countours in a way do that. but ti's not really a audiophile device..heck it's more of a consumer device.

Windows despite it being all open and stuff..rarely does stuff like Line out's. don't think you can patent a line out. but hey maybe. you might be able to patent how a device does a line out..but apple should already have a patent or fair use agreement on it already.

and why does it matter? has Microsoft ever made a device that had a worthy line out? or even a worhty portable media player?....no. their last attempt flopped extremely hard and was just discontinued recently with most people thinking it already died back in 08

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,898 of 177,744

Quote:
the countours in a way do that. but ti's not really a audiophile device..heck it's more of a consumer device.

Windows despite it being all open and stuff..rarely does stuff like Line out's. don't think you can patent a line out. but hey maybe. you might be able to patent how a device does a line out..but apple should already have a patent or fair use agreement on it already.

and why does it matter? has Microsoft ever made a device that had a worthy line out? or even a worhty portable media player?....no. their last attempt flopped extremely hard and was just discontinued recently with most people thinking it already died back in 08

Meh. It wasn't at the top of my list anyways.

I don't mean that. I meant the Windows 8 interface stuff. I find it funny how Apple's trying to do all the innovating but they can't do multiple windows (iOS) like Windows 8 on a tablet.

They don't make the devices. Duh. Just cross your fingers and hope "that" company comes along.

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #1,899 of 177,744

Quote:

Meh. It wasn't at the top of my list anyways.

I don't mean that. I meant the Windows 8 interface stuff. I find it funny how Apple's trying to do all the innovating but they can't do multiple windows (iOS) like Windows 8 on a tablet.

They don't make the devices. Duh. Just cross your fingers and hope "that" company comes along.

everything has been thought of by the team and like the reasons i said before. tey just didn't think it would enforce their image and stuff. 
this was the lesson apple learned:
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new." Steve Jobs"
it doesn't work the way you think it will work. they keep and make iOS like this for a reason. and as we can see..their plan is sucesful.

They don't make many things, but I'm not sure who is the direct OEM of the Zune and what company?

what i hate about head fi..teh commenting system..look at all the weird fonts and stuff!! what is thiS?

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #1,900 of 177,744

Quote:

Not much but there's a thread for it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/549523/best-headphones-for-j-rock-j-pop-and-anisong

Quote:
Quote:

OMG the audiophile elitism! OMG the apple elitism!

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #1,903 of 177,744

Quote:
Not much but there's a thread for it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/549523/best-headphones-for-j-rock-j-pop-and-anisong

OMG the audiophile elitism! OMG the apple elitism!

The thread's kind of all over the place.

Quote:
i do both types of elitism. it's just that most Apple haters don't have arguments that even work for it and i don't want to get banned on head fi so i just leave the argument or don't get hot on it.

What did I say about being an Apple fanboi bowei.

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,905 of 177,744

Quote:
This was said by my resident Mac user: "Windows 8 is a real threat to Mountain Lion as the best consumer friendly OS". Take that as you may.

i agree???. like windows 7 it's a consumer OS and i've tried it..it's easy to use. im an enthusiast windows user.. i don't know what that says. have you guys forgoten about this?:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back