「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 28, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #167,956 of 177,745
Just finished Gokukoku no Brynhildr.

Oh man dem feels.... It's like elfen lied all over again.
Great job as always, Okamoto Lynn.

totally worth the 1k yen I used to buy the last 2 volumes.

the moment you figured out how to buy manga online... RIP wallet.

some scanslation groups are strip teasing... you only get the first volume in english for free :/

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #167,957 of 177,745
Haha.

To be honest, I am getting them more for the looks and for playing around with. I don't need any more amps. Looking at Chinese forums and Chinese teardown videos, Nobsound is known for making fake tube amps in the past (not hybrids or anything, but truly fake tube amps, where the signal doesn't even pass through the tubes). This one does seem like a legit hybrid (but what do I know. I'm no electric engineer, and many people on YouTube claim these are fake and are not true hybrids, too). I actually wish more people can talk about this specific amp I ordered, as there are so few reviews... :/

Those "fake tube amps" are indeed fake tube amps, like.... it's just a tube lighting up.

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #167,959 of 177,745

MZsPNBt.jpg

Soon, no more screen tearing!

lol that sticker

I forgot to use a three-fingered claw gesture to remove it. I also forgot that my old PSU was powerful enough for the card upgrade, so I accidentally got the semi-modular Corsair CX650M. 

Ae3vUOC.jpg

All these "tube headphone amps" sound pretty much like ass. I don't get the hype behind the indeed g2/g3 based amps (and this is one of them) that's just done over (apart from project ember)

I'm just exaggerating as the tube hybrid amps are not bad as headphone amps. But it's not particularly powerful. At least it sounds pleasant. I'm just kinda miffed that they are overhyped.
And real tube amps too. As I always say : Get a real amp. Tube amps are nothing but an waste of money.
I wanted to do the same thing with an acrylic block but I realized I don't have a drill bit that's the size of that goes in evenly from top to bottom...

Haha.

To be honest, I am getting them more for the looks and for playing around with. I don't need any more amps. Looking at Chinese forums and Chinese teardown videos, Nobsound is known for making fake tube amps in the past (not hybrids or anything, but truly fake tube amps, where the signal doesn't even pass through the tubes). This one does seem like a legit hybrid (but what do I know. I'm no electric engineer, and many people on YouTube claim these are fake and are not true hybrids, too). I actually wish more people can talk about this specific amp I ordered, as there are so few reviews... :/

I also like tubes for the looks. Any difference in quality that a hybrid amp can make over conventional amps would probably go unnoticed by me anyway.

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #167,960 of 177,745
  I forgot to use a three-fingered claw gesture to remove it. I also forgot that my old PSU was powerful enough for the card upgrade, so I accidentally got the semi-modular Corsair CX650M. 

Ae3vUOC.jpg

I also like tubes for the looks. Any difference in quality that a hybrid amp can make over conventional amps would probably go unnoticed by me anyway.

Da looks! 

It will. The slew rate is very obvious itself.

Now my dac is driving me crazy. I noticed it getting noisier than ever so I put it on a LPS and it's still as noisy... and it's not a white noise either it's a ticking noise. Gets even worse in USB mode...

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #167,963 of 177,745
  All these "tube headphone amps" sound pretty much like ass. I don't get the hype behind the indeed g2/g3 based amps (and this is one of them) that's just done over (apart from project ember)

I'm just exaggerating as the tube hybrid amps are not bad as headphone amps. But it's not particularly powerful. At least it sounds pleasant. I'm just kinda miffed that they are overhyped.
And real tube amps too. As I always say : Get a real amp. Tube amps are nothing but an waste of money.
I wanted to do the same thing with an acrylic block but I realized I don't have a drill bit that's the size of that goes in evenly from top to bottom...

I had an older version of that tube amp when I first got into the hobby.... It sits nicely in my desk unused...

I might grab a legit big tube amp one day to go with my higher impedance cans if I had any big impedance headphones instead of my collection of dinky low impedance iems.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 29, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #167,964 of 177,745
Likin' this more and more as time goes by.

Binaria announced a 10th anniversary 'box' with their new album and 9 of their older releases for 10k yen, I missed the pre-order for it. 
tongue.gif

Maybe it's for the better though, because the only bonus you get is a card with autographs on it....which bothers me because I already have like 6 of their CD's so why I have to buy duplicates to get an autograph? They should have just bundled it with their new album IMO, hmph.

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #167,965 of 177,745
  Likin' this more and more as time goes by.

Binaria announced a 10th anniversary 'box' with their new album and 9 of their older releases for 10k yen, I missed the pre-order for it. 
tongue.gif

Maybe it's for the better though, because the only bonus you get is a card with autographs on it....which bothers me because I already have like 6 of their CD's so why I have to buy duplicates to get an autograph? They should have just bundled it with their new album IMO, hmph.

Looping Stay Alive a lot recently too :D

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #167,967 of 177,745
It only took 14 years but this weekend I finally started this:

175wtz.jpg

I'm at about episode 8 right now. It's a little hard to marathon, leans on those jokes where two characters blankly stare at each other for several seconds a little too much. It's still cute enough and it's gotten some chuckles out of me. So far, so good.

Wondering what kind of show it would have been if it was darker......

34ffqxd.jpg

Yes, please.

Aug 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #167,968 of 177,745

175wtz.jpg

I'm at about episode 8 right now. It's a little hard to marathon, leans on those jokes where two characters blankly stare at each other for several seconds a little too much. It's still cute enough and it's gotten some chuckles out of me. So far, so good.

it's one of the best childhood memories =)

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #167,969 of 177,745

Wondering what kind of show it would have been if it was darker......

Yes, please.

I have fond memories of the show but subjectively I enjoyed the comedy in Pani Poni Dash more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back