「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #167,941 of 177,745
  Wanted to test the waters with tubes for the first time so I ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound%C2%AE-Vacuum-Integrated-Amplifier-Headphone/dp/B014FASL1A

Ugh, I must stop spending money on this hobby...If this keeps up, I'll be buying the next Orpheus instead of paying for a roof to live under...

redface.gif

Cheap and cute.
I approve.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #167,943 of 177,745
Aug 27, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #167,946 of 177,745
I totally read it as "noobsound". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same! And I knew the company in advance!

I was just thinking: these guys really need someone who understands English not just in terms of grammar theory, but also culturally. I've seen many very very weird Chinese translations, and I speak Chinese, so I know very well how nice it sounds in Chinese...

-_-;

Aug 27, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #167,947 of 177,745
Cheap and cute.

I approve.

Too cute! Now, if I can find a solid, square case and a matching glad block with two holes for the tubes, I can make a Woo audio WA7 knockoff~

The WA7 looks so pretty and minimalistic I'm sure it's not hard to make knockoff cases...

;~;

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #167,949 of 177,745

I guess I'm a secret otaku then...

How are they? :D

------------------

------------------

Apparently there is a wolf spider running around my room in circles, swinging/taping it's front legs on the ground like crazy.

I did a quick check, and it seems that right now is the mating season for spiders like this one in the region where I live.

In other words, it seems like I have a very horny spider that's trying to get laid in my bedroom.

0_0;

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #167,950 of 177,745

Apparently there is a wolf spider running around my room in circles, swinging/taping it's front legs on the ground like crazy.

I did a quick check, and it seems that right now is the mating season for spiders like this one in the region where I live.

In other words, it seems like I have a very horny spider that's trying to get laid in my bedroom.

0_0;

you might get to experience a scene from monmusu tonight
tongue.gif

anyone know where you read raw manga online?
there's a couple of series where the scanslation group dropped the project
frown.gif

kindle eBooks won't even let me buy a manga without a japanese IP address.... just shut up and take my money damnit!

in the end I bought it from Rakuten kobo, my dirty gaijin money seems to be valid there.

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #167,951 of 177,745
How are they?
biggrin.gif

0_0;

All these "tube headphone amps" sound pretty much like ass. I don't get the hype behind the indeed g2/g3 based amps (and this is one of them) that's just done over (apart from project ember)

I'm just exaggerating as the tube hybrid amps are not bad as headphone amps. But it's not particularly powerful. At least it sounds pleasant. I'm just kinda miffed that they are overhyped.
And real tube amps too. As I always say : Get a real amp. Tube amps are nothing but an waste of money.
Too cute! Now, if I can find a solid, square case and a matching glad block with two holes for the tubes, I can make a Woo audio WA7 knockoff~

The WA7 looks so pretty and minimalistic I'm sure it's not hard to make knockoff cases...

;~;

I wanted to do the same thing with an acrylic block but I realized I don't have a drill bit that's the size of that goes in evenly from top to bottom...

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #167,952 of 177,745
All these "tube headphone amps" sound pretty much like ass. I don't get the hype behind the indeed g2/g3 based amps (and this is one of them) that's just done over (apart from project ember)

I'm just exaggerating as the tube hybrid amps are not bad as headphone amps. But it's not particularly powerful. At least it sounds pleasant. I'm just kinda miffed that they are overhyped.
And real tube amps too. As I always say : Get a real amp. Tube amps are nothing but an waste of money.
I wanted to do the same thing with an acrylic block but I realized I don't have a drill bit that's the size of that goes in evenly from top to bottom...

Haha.

To be honest, I am getting them more for the looks and for playing around with. I don't need any more amps. Looking at Chinese forums and Chinese teardown videos, Nobsound is known for making fake tube amps in the past (not hybrids or anything, but truly fake tube amps, where the signal doesn't even pass through the tubes). This one does seem like a legit hybrid (but what do I know. I'm no electric engineer, and many people on YouTube claim these are fake and are not true hybrids, too). I actually wish more people can talk about this specific amp I ordered, as there are so few reviews... :/

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #167,953 of 177,745
Haha.

To be honest, I am getting them more for the looks and for playing around with. I don't need any more amps. Looking at Chinese forums and Chinese teardown videos, Nobsound is known for making fake tube amps in the past (not hybrids or anything, but truly fake tube amps, where the signal doesn't even pass through the tubes). This one does seem like a legit hybrid (but what do I know. I'm no electric engineer, and many people on YouTube claim these are fake and are not true hybrids, too). I actually wish more people can talk about this specific amp I ordered, as there are so few reviews... :/

Buy real tube amp yo
As chinese as you can, at least Little Dot pl0x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back