「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #157,322 of 177,747
Guys did you upgrade to Windows 10? Microsoft did a good job this time. Still it is better for touch devices.

I've been running the Technical Preview for the last few months, so Technically I upgraded a while ago. XD
It's pretty solid overall. The system settings are still all over the place though.

I haven't updated to the latest version, but Bluetooth had some issues, at least on my MacBook (it might be an Apple driver issue).

Eh is Windows 10 available already?
My Thinkpad is ready 

July 29 is today, ya. : p

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #157,324 of 177,747
GRAIN from Monster is one of my favourite song. Recently i got a Fiio E11K to pair with my X1. When i hear grain on this setup with my HD 598, the lows feel muddy.. Does it actually sound like that since the song has lot of noise or is something wrong in my setup?

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #157,325 of 177,747
  D A G A O T O K O D A !
A                                A
G                               D
A                               O
O                               K
T                               O
O                               T
K                               O 
O                               A
D                               G
A                               A
! A D O K O T O A G A D

wot
o   h ac k
t  h e 

Oh wow win10 (closes the update tab)

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #157,328 of 177,747
My face when I get a phone interview for a job in the field and they want me to come in for the in-person interview.

Or my iPhone can be dumb and not upload the gif.

I know that face all too well. Unfortunately they've continually picked people with more experience, and my face gets sad.

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #157,330 of 177,747
I know that face all too well. Unfortunately they've continually picked people with more experience, and my face gets sad.

True, but if you know my previous employment stats, that's already better than 95% of the other positions I've applied to.

Eh, I refrain. Too scared to get things updated first
More the so when my thinkpad has all my college data

Yeah I'd avoid installing W10 right away. It'd probably be wise to wait a few weeks to let things settle and get updated. The last Technical Preview I tried still felt a bit unpolished.

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #157,331 of 177,747
Why is cycling around an achievement?
Uhm, no? Boltzmann constant always has a subscript capital B.
tongue.gif

That voice actually sounds quite good.

I meant your university stuff and your pursuit in higher education and post!

Guys did you upgrade to Windows 10? Microsoft did a good job this time. Still it is better for touch devices.

Nope. not yet. I'm running Univ given Win 8 Enterprise editions so the pop up to upgrade never showed up

My face when I get a phone interview for a job in the field and they want me to come in for the in-person interview.

Or my iPhone can be dumb and not upload the gif.

I added the gif!

And nice work Micey!

I wish you the best in nailing it!

True, but if you know my previous employment stats, that's already better than 95% of the other positions I've applied to.
Yeah I'd avoid installing W10 right away. It'd probably be wise to wait a few weeks to let things settle and get updated. The last Technical Preview I tried still felt a bit unpolished.

At least you got a call back. 

I have never gotten a call back or so much as a phone call of interest from the hundreds of places I applied to.

*sad panda*

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #157,333 of 177,747
W10 is supposed to be the end all operating system since they can add features to the OS via updates. I don't see how that's any different than OS X and their downloadable OS upgrades though.

They're going in the OS X and Linux/Unix styled direction where updates are free (so for OS X, any revision, for Linux, kernel updates). They did boldly say awhile ago that Microsoft <3 Linux (there was a freaking slide dedicated to that).

Win 10 seems really well done, but it looks like this ThinkPad can't have it yet. Not sure about my desktop because that's all the way in the US right now so I can't do anything about that.

And wow, a day with blue skies in Shanghai for once. So much rain and overcast days during my stay.

Also, RIP. Delayed Gangsta. I was really hype for today too.

@bowei006 : Did you visit Georgia Tech campus? How was it? It's a bit far away and I'm too lazy to visit. They got onto my list for #3 b/c apparently they're also a good CS school that also has a good industrial design program (you have to search a bit for it...IDSA website helps).

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #157,334 of 177,747
  They're going in the OS X and Linux/Unix styled direction where updates are free (so for OS X, any revision, for Linux, kernel updates). They did boldly say awhile ago that Microsoft <3 Linux (there was a freaking slide dedicated to that).

Win 10 seems really well done, but it looks like this ThinkPad can't have it yet. Not sure about my desktop because that's all the way in the US right now so I can't do anything about that.

And wow, a day with blue skies in Shanghai for once. So much rain and overcast days during my stay.

Also, RIP. Delayed Gangsta. I was really hype for today too.

@bowei006 : Did you visit Georgia Tech campus? How was it? It's a bit far away and I'm too lazy to visit. They got onto my list for #3 b/c apparently they're also a good CS school that also has a good industrial design program (you have to search a bit for it...IDSA website helps).

It was a very nice self contained campus within the middle of Atlanta. Some of its dorms and other campus things were farther away from the central campus and requires a walk though.

The campus itself was nice and had a lot of College mojo feel to it and would overall be a nice play to be.

The newest building there (forgot its name) that is really nice is a located close to the dorms and isn't in some random location which is nice.

However. Two of the new professors that joined my school (VT) entrepreneurship program and that I know well used to teach there. The biggest concern at GT and that is a huge part of what people don't know is its crime. Atlanta is a big city in the south and crime is always a big issue at GT. Right outside one of the corners of the GT campus is a very bad part of town (the other three corners are in the nicer ones). This has led to those professors describing to me that you don't usually feel safe at night or in leaving stuff out.

Good club and social scene though as it is in such a big city. Lots of stuff to do.

That is about it. It's a nice space and has cons that many urban schools face. It's really all about how you get it.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #157,335 of 177,747

Originally Posted by Rozenberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

!  
  D A G A O T O K O D A !
  A G A O T O K O D A D 
  G A O T O K O D A D O
  A O T O K O D A D O K
  O T O K O D A D O K O
  T O K O D A D O K O T
  O K O D A D O K O T O
  K O D A D O K O T O A
  O D A D O K O T O A G
  D A D O K O T O A G A                                
! A D O K O T O A G A D
  !

lol what?

Better?

W10 is supposed to be the end all operating system since they can add features to the OS via updates. I don't see how that's any different than OS X and their downloadable OS upgrades though.

Windows (10) has finally caught up with OS X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back