- 165 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- How can I determine the at ear SPL of In-Ear Monitors? Last post on 12/21/14 at 2:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although DoP via USB is the most common implementation, Makers are looking at DoP over other physical mediums - e.g. Resonessence Labs latest firmware (6.x) for the Invicta are looking at DoP over S/PDIF and this has seriously made me consider the Audiophilleo kit which also supports that.
But I've not heard of DoP via Toslink. I wonder if Resonessence Labs can do this via firmware, if iRiver could do the same for the AK240. tarainfo has a valid concern that with his AK120 the firmware does DSD->PCM automatically before outputing to toslink but with the AK240 he has to manually convert himself to use the Toslink (or keep 2 copies - 1xDSD for straight headphone out, and another PCM and use with Toslink; which is still manual).
Same here, worked on my win8.1 tablet as well as win7 x64 PC. Only thing I encountered is that you need a good strong wifi signal for the AK240 to stream HD/DSD files smoothly. Another gripe is that it should start to buffer the next track in the playlist once the current track is fully buffered.
Looking forward to AK developing plugins for streaming for popular media players/manager like MediaMonkey or FB2K so that we can stream playlists from these application direct....
Edited by kkcc - 2/27/14 at 8:02pm
latest info when i called iriver/astell & kerns at 1:16pm weds about my orders.
no dealers in the usa have received any ak240's and no dealer is allowed to start shipping until tues march 4th same if you order direct from iriver california
Not sure this is correct. My cousin ordered one and he just got got an email saying it being shipped out and he should get by Monday. This is from a US dealer.
I'm curious about that as well. I have the "basic" RWAK120, wondering how much of an upgrade the AK240 would be.
i'm about to call again but as a dealer we are all held to same agreement 'no dealer is allowed to actually ship before tuesday 4th or risk losing the right to be a dealer'. the first shipment was expected monday of this week but was delayed so the distributor that supplies all US dealers does not have them so it seems somebody is lying.
expect an official iriver/astell & kern update to clear everything up shortly as i just got off the phone.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 22 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 5 minutes ago
- › 4 pole/ring female to 3 pole/ring adapter / cable wanted 5 minutes ago
- › QVF Group Fraud Investigators Civil Risk Management: Courier fraud 7 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 7 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 8 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)