- 170 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo Last post on 4/28/15 at 12:00am in Portable Source Gear
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 4/28/15 at 12:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? Last post on 7/18/15 at 6:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- How much better can the DAP listening experience get? Last post on 2/17/15 at 6:53am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although DoP via USB is the most common implementation, Makers are looking at DoP over other physical mediums - e.g. Resonessence Labs latest firmware (6.x) for the Invicta are looking at DoP over S/PDIF and this has seriously made me consider the Audiophilleo kit which also supports that.
But I've not heard of DoP via Toslink. I wonder if Resonessence Labs can do this via firmware, if iRiver could do the same for the AK240. tarainfo has a valid concern that with his AK120 the firmware does DSD->PCM automatically before outputing to toslink but with the AK240 he has to manually convert himself to use the Toslink (or keep 2 copies - 1xDSD for straight headphone out, and another PCM and use with Toslink; which is still manual).
Same here, worked on my win8.1 tablet as well as win7 x64 PC. Only thing I encountered is that you need a good strong wifi signal for the AK240 to stream HD/DSD files smoothly. Another gripe is that it should start to buffer the next track in the playlist once the current track is fully buffered.
Looking forward to AK developing plugins for streaming for popular media players/manager like MediaMonkey or FB2K so that we can stream playlists from these application direct....
Edited by kkcc - 2/27/14 at 8:02pm
latest info when i called iriver/astell & kerns at 1:16pm weds about my orders.
no dealers in the usa have received any ak240's and no dealer is allowed to start shipping until tues march 4th same if you order direct from iriver california
Not sure this is correct. My cousin ordered one and he just got got an email saying it being shipped out and he should get by Monday. This is from a US dealer.
I'm curious about that as well. I have the "basic" RWAK120, wondering how much of an upgrade the AK240 would be.
i'm about to call again but as a dealer we are all held to same agreement 'no dealer is allowed to actually ship before tuesday 4th or risk losing the right to be a dealer'. the first shipment was expected monday of this week but was delayed so the distributor that supplies all US dealers does not have them so it seems somebody is lying.
expect an official iriver/astell & kern update to clear everything up shortly as i just got off the phone.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Lambert "Play It By Ear" Headphone Amplifier - (DG Review) +... 57 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › AGK K550 Problem 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3