Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 140

post #2086 of 6218
Amazon UK has one unit for sale
post #2087 of 6218

What the website for Ted's?

post #2088 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
 

 

Thank you for the edification. Well, then, perhaps there is hope after all without reverting to DSD conversion ...

 

[OT]

Although DoP via USB is the most common implementation, Makers are looking at DoP over other physical mediums - e.g. Resonessence Labs latest firmware (6.x) for the Invicta are looking at DoP over S/PDIF and this has seriously made me consider the Audiophilleo kit which also supports that.

 

But I've not heard of DoP via Toslink. I wonder if Resonessence Labs can do this via firmware, if iRiver could do the same for the AK240. tarainfo has a valid concern that with his AK120 the firmware does DSD->PCM automatically before outputing to toslink but with the AK240 he has to manually convert himself to use the Toslink (or keep 2 copies - 1xDSD for straight headphone out, and another PCM and use with Toslink; which is still manual).

[/OT]

post #2089 of 6218
Moon Audio has the AK240 on sale, in stock and ready to ship for $2499. I am getting mine on Monday.
Edited by sathyam - 2/27/14 at 6:08pm
post #2090 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

What the website for Ted's?

Headphonelounge.com or just private message Ted here at Head-Fi
post #2091 of 6218

i have tried the MQS Streaming software on my computer. it runs seamlessly. works perfectly fine!

post #2092 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalethal View Post

i have tried the MQS Streaming software on my computer. it runs seamlessly. works perfectly fine!


Same here, worked on my win8.1 tablet as well as win7 x64 PC. Only thing I encountered is that you need a good strong wifi signal for the AK240 to stream HD/DSD files smoothly. Another gripe is that it should start to buffer the next track in the playlist once the current track is fully buffered.

Looking forward to AK developing plugins for streaming for popular media players/manager like MediaMonkey or FB2K so that we can stream playlists from these application direct....
Edited by kkcc - 2/27/14 at 8:02pm
post #2093 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyam View Post

Moon Audio has the AK240 on sale, in stock and ready to ship for $2499. I am getting mine on Monday.

latest info when i called  iriver/astell & kerns  at 1:16pm weds about my orders. 

no dealers in the usa have received any ak240's and no dealer is allowed to start shipping until tues march 4th same if you order direct from iriver california

post #2094 of 6218

My poor bank balance :-( I just ordered one in the UK - it will be with me tomorrow or Monday.

 

Holy moly - time to get ebaying like mad...

post #2095 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by teds headfood View Post
 

latest info when i called  iriver/astell & kerns  at 1:16pm weds about my orders. 

no dealers in the usa have received any ak240's and no dealer is allowed to start shipping until tues march 4th same if you order direct from iriver california

 

 

Not sure this is correct. My cousin ordered one and he just got got an email saying it being shipped out and he should get by Monday. This is from a US dealer.

post #2096 of 6218

Christ, I want one of these so badly :D

post #2097 of 6218

I would like to know how it compares to the RWAK 120... anyone?

post #2098 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papiro2 View Post
 

I would like to know how it compares to the RWAK 120... anyone?

 

I'm curious about that as well.  I have the "basic" RWAK120, wondering how much of an upgrade the AK240 would be.

post #2099 of 6218
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post
 

 

 

Not sure this is correct. My cousin ordered one and he just got got an email saying it being shipped out and he should get by Monday. This is from a US dealer.

i'm about to call again but as a dealer we are all held to same agreement 'no dealer is allowed to actually ship before tuesday 4th or risk losing the right to be a dealer'. the first shipment was expected monday of this week but was delayed so the distributor that supplies all US dealers does not have them so it seems somebody is lying.

post #2100 of 6218

expect an official iriver/astell & kern update to clear everything up shortly as i just got off the phone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240