- 160 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 Last post on Today at 3:15 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations wanted for Full size headphones for an active lifestyle (mainly metal and Trance ) Last post on 8/14/14 at 4:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although DoP via USB is the most common implementation, Makers are looking at DoP over other physical mediums - e.g. Resonessence Labs latest firmware (6.x) for the Invicta are looking at DoP over S/PDIF and this has seriously made me consider the Audiophilleo kit which also supports that.
But I've not heard of DoP via Toslink. I wonder if Resonessence Labs can do this via firmware, if iRiver could do the same for the AK240. tarainfo has a valid concern that with his AK120 the firmware does DSD->PCM automatically before outputing to toslink but with the AK240 he has to manually convert himself to use the Toslink (or keep 2 copies - 1xDSD for straight headphone out, and another PCM and use with Toslink; which is still manual).
Same here, worked on my win8.1 tablet as well as win7 x64 PC. Only thing I encountered is that you need a good strong wifi signal for the AK240 to stream HD/DSD files smoothly. Another gripe is that it should start to buffer the next track in the playlist once the current track is fully buffered.
Looking forward to AK developing plugins for streaming for popular media players/manager like MediaMonkey or FB2K so that we can stream playlists from these application direct....
Edited by kkcc - 2/27/14 at 8:02pm
latest info when i called iriver/astell & kerns at 1:16pm weds about my orders.
no dealers in the usa have received any ak240's and no dealer is allowed to start shipping until tues march 4th same if you order direct from iriver california
Not sure this is correct. My cousin ordered one and he just got got an email saying it being shipped out and he should get by Monday. This is from a US dealer.
I'm curious about that as well. I have the "basic" RWAK120, wondering how much of an upgrade the AK240 would be.
i'm about to call again but as a dealer we are all held to same agreement 'no dealer is allowed to actually ship before tuesday 4th or risk losing the right to be a dealer'. the first shipment was expected monday of this week but was delayed so the distributor that supplies all US dealers does not have them so it seems somebody is lying.
expect an official iriver/astell & kern update to clear everything up shortly as i just got off the phone.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing a pair of inexpensive IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Destiny 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)