- 170 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread Last post on 10/2/15 at 1:59pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 9:56am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK380 Last post on Today at 4:23 am in Portable Source Gear
- Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold Last post on 9/18/15 at 9:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo Last post on 8/17/15 at 10:49am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although DoP via USB is the most common implementation, Makers are looking at DoP over other physical mediums - e.g. Resonessence Labs latest firmware (6.x) for the Invicta are looking at DoP over S/PDIF and this has seriously made me consider the Audiophilleo kit which also supports that.
But I've not heard of DoP via Toslink. I wonder if Resonessence Labs can do this via firmware, if iRiver could do the same for the AK240. tarainfo has a valid concern that with his AK120 the firmware does DSD->PCM automatically before outputing to toslink but with the AK240 he has to manually convert himself to use the Toslink (or keep 2 copies - 1xDSD for straight headphone out, and another PCM and use with Toslink; which is still manual).
Same here, worked on my win8.1 tablet as well as win7 x64 PC. Only thing I encountered is that you need a good strong wifi signal for the AK240 to stream HD/DSD files smoothly. Another gripe is that it should start to buffer the next track in the playlist once the current track is fully buffered.
Looking forward to AK developing plugins for streaming for popular media players/manager like MediaMonkey or FB2K so that we can stream playlists from these application direct....
Edited by kkcc - 2/27/14 at 8:02pm
latest info when i called iriver/astell & kerns at 1:16pm weds about my orders.
no dealers in the usa have received any ak240's and no dealer is allowed to start shipping until tues march 4th same if you order direct from iriver california
Not sure this is correct. My cousin ordered one and he just got got an email saying it being shipped out and he should get by Monday. This is from a US dealer.
I'm curious about that as well. I have the "basic" RWAK120, wondering how much of an upgrade the AK240 would be.
i'm about to call again but as a dealer we are all held to same agreement 'no dealer is allowed to actually ship before tuesday 4th or risk losing the right to be a dealer'. the first shipment was expected monday of this week but was delayed so the distributor that supplies all US dealers does not have them so it seems somebody is lying.
expect an official iriver/astell & kern update to clear everything up shortly as i just got off the phone.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › CEntrance DACport HD 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2