The Astell & Kern AK240
Feb 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #2,056 of 9,131
Have a look at Judes video on the UI. It's got a good overview of the Playlist function.
I'm starting to use the Playlist function this evening. It's got some nice graphics in places (for A&K that is).

I saw the playlist from Jude vidéo. But i did not see if we can create on-the-fly instant playlist ( Calyx call this " my Mix". ) of "what we want to hear today".
Also, can you tell if album art show in the playlist.

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2,057 of 9,131
No, album art is missing all over. A sadly missed opportunity. It's only on the play screen. Hence my sarcastic comment about A&K graphics. The graphics I referred to were shown on Jude's video.
Don't know anything about the Calyx-it'll be a lo o o n g time coming to the UK.
Best to get yourself a demo session with the AK240 if it's a must have feature for you.

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2,058 of 9,131
No, album art is missing all over. A sadly missed opportunity. It's only on the play screen. Hence my sarcastic comment about A&K graphics. The graphics I referred to were shown on Jude's video.
Don't know anything about the Calyx-it'll be a lo o o n g time coming to the UK.
Best to get yourself a demo session with the AK240 if it's a must have feature for you.

Missed opportunity indeed :frowning2:

And what about the " instant play list " ?

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2,059 of 9,131

Did you try 240 with your T5p?

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2,060 of 9,131
So far only matched with IE800 (match made in heaven) and K3003i (I was going to sell these until I heard it on the AK240-the 3003 is simply beautiful-it needs a high end [very] source to bring out the best in it).
I'll post some pics with totally subjective views in IE800 and K3003 forums later. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #2,062 of 9,131
So far only matched with IE800 (match made in heaven) and K3003i (I was going to sell these until I heard it on the AK240-the 3003 is simply beautiful-it needs a high end [very] source to bring out the best in it).
I'll post some pics with totally subjective views in IE800 and K3003 forums later. 

My version of "match made in heaven":

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #2,064 of 9,131
No Uber cable? Pfft, very disappointing! 

LOL.... only if Gavin would come up with a 2.5TRRS terminated uber......... :D thought I still don't quite understand or agree with the 2.5mm choice but well I'd probably still have picked this up if it doesn't have the balanced mode... afterall it is a purchase as "rational" as my wifey's bags and heels!

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,065 of 9,131
There's no default instant playlist but you can always create one on the fly and add songs to it. I do have one complaint on playlist function though: songs on it get completely wiped out randomly.

Do you mean that if you create carefully a play list, then songs will be played in random order ? ! 

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #2,066 of 9,131
If individual tracks are dragged into a newly created playlist, the songs will play in order of the tracks added and NOT in alphabetical order. Nevertheless, you can drag the songs along the right side of the screen to amend the order of the songs in the playlist itself.

As someone who likes to organize my genres well, I have created folders beforehand in my device and all I need to do is drag the whole folder to create a new playlist & they will be neatly arranged in alphabetical order.

If you organize your folders well like I do, creating playlists would take seconds. If you have ALL your songs in a single folder, creating playlists could actually be a hassle.

Cheers

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #2,067 of 9,131

No Uber cable? Pfft, very disappointing! 

LOL.... only if Gavin would come up with a 2.5TRRS terminated uber.........
biggrin.gif
thought I still don't quite understand or agree with the 2.5mm choice but well I'd probably still have picked this up if it doesn't have the balanced mode... afterall it is a purchase as "rational" as my wifey's bags and heels!

You could re-terminate the Uber with a 2.5mm TRRS yourself (or your favorite solder jockey)...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #2,069 of 9,131
Has anyone heard or read about the MSQ streaming software for Mac? iriver's support page only has Windows versions.

I preordered an AK240 and am excitedly waiting for its arrival ...

I have two AK120s virtually new listed in the classifieds for those who might be interested.

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #2,070 of 9,131
  Are these shipping to US now when bought from iRiver store?  Or do we have to wait until they are offered by vendors in the US?

Good question. I preordered mine from teds headfood who is a member here and an authorized dealer. I would suggest PMing him for further details ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back