Wow, color me impressed... I am seriously tracking the M now, and just a week or so ago I thought I had more or less decided to wait about another 12 months before buying another DAP (planned to await Fiio X7 release to see what is available). However, assuming the M sounds as good as what most expect, it'll be hard for me to hold-off now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 10/3/14 at 6:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- balanced amp for lcd3 Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA-8 Last post on 10/9/14 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 44post #646 of 44642/2/14 at 8:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 44642/2/14 at 9:15pm
That is pretty amazing.. I wonder if Calyx will do an early beta release to get some reviews and sound impressions coming in. I am really looking forward to hearing about it's sound quality. So many choices at the moment but i am holding off until this is available. What excites me is that they have stated that they are very proud of the implementation of the dac chip. Given their track record that bodes very very well.
Edited by Sauntere - 2/2/14 at 9:17pmpost #648 of 44642/2/14 at 10:46pm
Now I am decently interested , the issue of not having back and forward is pretty eh , I would like to have it, but I would have to really listen it for it to impress me enough to upgradepost #649 of 44642/2/14 at 10:54pm
I am going to be a complete ass here... but funny, I seem to remember posting this radical proposal four days ago. ;-)
Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Do you know what I would love to see Calyx do?...
Add an additional full-size SD slot.
Think of it.
- You would have true flexibility with both SD and microSD.
- You can inexpensively put 256GB onboard (64 internal, 64 microSD, 128 SD)
- You can put massive memory on board if you wan to spend the bucks
- You can use it as dual microSD system with a standard adapter - that's an inexpensive 192 GB system
Calyx would not have to increased the internal memory from 64 GB and it would seem to solve all memory issues.
Am I onto something here?
Thanks to Mython and others for jumping all over the idea. Serious kudos to Calyx for listening to us.
I think that they just got some sales. They got mine.post #650 of 44642/2/14 at 11:25pmpost #651 of 44642/2/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
couldn't agree more
nice onepost #652 of 44642/2/14 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #653 of 44642/2/14 at 11:39pmpost #654 of 44642/2/14 at 11:48pmQuote:
You know you'll need a seperate transport for the Hugo, right? The Calyx-M has no digital-outpost #655 of 44642/2/14 at 11:49pmQuote:
I did not mean as a combo. It would be one or the other. And the Hugo would go with my computer or with the ZX1 I think...post #656 of 44642/2/14 at 11:56pmQuote:
Yeah, cool. Just checking.
I'd love to see a digital-out on the Calyx but they said the following on Facebook, and I have to reluctantly admit that I can see their point:Quote:"Digital Out from Calyx M:
Some people ask/complain there is no digital out in M
Calyx M is accomplished of DXD of 32/384 and 128DSD. SPDIF can't handle these hi-rez digital signals so it is useless to have the digital out in Calyx M M
Furthermore, Calyx M has already a decent DAC inside already. We implemented ESS SABRE 9018 K2M very successfully as we did in Calyx Femto.
Load your music into M and simply enjoy it."
As I'm sure you're already aware, OKGuy has had it confirmed that the Hugo does function correctly with the NW-ZX1, so you'll be OK with that combo.
Edited by Mython - 2/2/14 at 11:58pmpost #657 of 44642/3/14 at 12:00ampost #658 of 44642/3/14 at 12:10amQuote:
BRAVO to Calyx for listening to their users !!
Now, if they really want to make it perfect, could they add DIGITAL OUT !
And is tosh-link is not possible, may be Coax. And if digital-out do not support DSD, well this is not really a problem and not a reason for skipping digital out!
indeed,With now almost 1/2 To available, and such gréât UI, the M becomes a real potential transport for Home DAC. Imagine the M at home conected to a FEMTO Calyx !
Edited by bmichels - 2/3/14 at 12:38ampost #659 of 44642/3/14 at 12:29am
I don't see the digital out as such a biggie. The internal electronics then become greatly irrelevant. You can buy a cheap DAP from many other manufacturers to get your digital transport fix.
The Calyx M will sink or swim on its sound quality. That is where they are experts and that is what has me excited....
...well that and the M:use UI...post #660 of 44642/3/14 at 12:38am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Any good IEMs for around $250? 1 minute ago
- › RWAK 120-s vs AK 240? 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 8 minutes ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 10 minutes ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 11 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 11 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D may be the king of Portable AMP/DACs in its price point. 11 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 13 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)