Wow, color me impressed... I am seriously tracking the M now, and just a week or so ago I thought I had more or less decided to wait about another 12 months before buying another DAP (planned to await Fiio X7 release to see what is available). However, assuming the M sounds as good as what most expect, it'll be hard for me to hold-off now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 7/5/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is pretty amazing.. I wonder if Calyx will do an early beta release to get some reviews and sound impressions coming in. I am really looking forward to hearing about it's sound quality. So many choices at the moment but i am holding off until this is available. What excites me is that they have stated that they are very proud of the implementation of the dac chip. Given their track record that bodes very very well.
Edited by Sauntere - 2/2/14 at 9:17pm
Now I am decently interested , the issue of not having back and forward is pretty eh , I would like to have it, but I would have to really listen it for it to impress me enough to upgrade
I am going to be a complete ass here... but funny, I seem to remember posting this radical proposal four days ago. ;-)
Do you know what I would love to see Calyx do?...
Add an additional full-size SD slot.
Think of it.
- You would have true flexibility with both SD and microSD.
- You can inexpensively put 256GB onboard (64 internal, 64 microSD, 128 SD)
- You can put massive memory on board if you wan to spend the bucks
- You can use it as dual microSD system with a standard adapter - that's an inexpensive 192 GB system
Calyx would not have to increased the internal memory from 64 GB and it would seem to solve all memory issues.
Am I onto something here?
Thanks to Mython and others for jumping all over the idea. Serious kudos to Calyx for listening to us.
I think that they just got some sales. They got mine.
couldn't agree more
You know you'll need a seperate transport for the Hugo, right? The Calyx-M has no digital-out
I did not mean as a combo. It would be one or the other. And the Hugo would go with my computer or with the ZX1 I think...
Yeah, cool. Just checking.
I'd love to see a digital-out on the Calyx but they said the following on Facebook, and I have to reluctantly admit that I can see their point:
Some people ask/complain there is no digital out in M
Calyx M is accomplished of DXD of 32/384 and 128DSD. SPDIF can't handle these hi-rez digital signals so it is useless to have the digital out in Calyx M M
Furthermore, Calyx M has already a decent DAC inside already. We implemented ESS SABRE 9018 K2M very successfully as we did in Calyx Femto.
Load your music into M and simply enjoy it."
As I'm sure you're already aware, OKGuy has had it confirmed that the Hugo does function correctly with the NW-ZX1, so you'll be OK with that combo.
Edited by Mython - 2/2/14 at 11:58pm
BRAVO to Calyx for listening to their users !!
Now, if they really want to make it perfect, could they add DIGITAL OUT !
And is tosh-link is not possible, may be Coax. And if digital-out do not support DSD, well this is not really a problem and not a reason for skipping digital out!
indeed,With now almost 1/2 To available, and such gréât UI, the M becomes a real potential transport for Home DAC. Imagine the M at home conected to a FEMTO Calyx !
Edited by bmichels - 2/3/14 at 12:38am
I don't see the digital out as such a biggie. The internal electronics then become greatly irrelevant. You can buy a cheap DAP from many other manufacturers to get your digital transport fix.
The Calyx M will sink or swim on its sound quality. That is where they are experts and that is what has me excited....
...well that and the M:use UI...
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD 10.33 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Lear LUF-4B In-Ear Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › LEAR LUF-4F In-Ear Headphone 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 11 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 11 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2