Wow, color me impressed... I am seriously tracking the M now, and just a week or so ago I thought I had more or less decided to wait about another 12 months before buying another DAP (planned to await Fiio X7 release to see what is available). However, assuming the M sounds as good as what most expect, it'll be hard for me to hold-off now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/10/14 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 44post #646 of 41562/2/14 at 8:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 41562/2/14 at 9:15pm
That is pretty amazing.. I wonder if Calyx will do an early beta release to get some reviews and sound impressions coming in. I am really looking forward to hearing about it's sound quality. So many choices at the moment but i am holding off until this is available. What excites me is that they have stated that they are very proud of the implementation of the dac chip. Given their track record that bodes very very well.
Edited by Sauntere - 2/2/14 at 9:17pmpost #648 of 41562/2/14 at 10:46pm
Now I am decently interested , the issue of not having back and forward is pretty eh , I would like to have it, but I would have to really listen it for it to impress me enough to upgradepost #649 of 41562/2/14 at 10:54pm
I am going to be a complete ass here... but funny, I seem to remember posting this radical proposal four days ago. ;-)
Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Do you know what I would love to see Calyx do?...
Add an additional full-size SD slot.
Think of it.
- You would have true flexibility with both SD and microSD.
- You can inexpensively put 256GB onboard (64 internal, 64 microSD, 128 SD)
- You can put massive memory on board if you wan to spend the bucks
- You can use it as dual microSD system with a standard adapter - that's an inexpensive 192 GB system
Calyx would not have to increased the internal memory from 64 GB and it would seem to solve all memory issues.
Am I onto something here?
Thanks to Mython and others for jumping all over the idea. Serious kudos to Calyx for listening to us.
I think that they just got some sales. They got mine.post #650 of 41562/2/14 at 11:25pmpost #651 of 41562/2/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
couldn't agree more
nice onepost #652 of 41562/2/14 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #653 of 41562/2/14 at 11:39pmpost #654 of 41562/2/14 at 11:48pmQuote:
You know you'll need a seperate transport for the Hugo, right? The Calyx-M has no digital-outpost #655 of 41562/2/14 at 11:49pmQuote:
I did not mean as a combo. It would be one or the other. And the Hugo would go with my computer or with the ZX1 I think...post #656 of 41562/2/14 at 11:56pmQuote:
Yeah, cool. Just checking.
I'd love to see a digital-out on the Calyx but they said the following on Facebook, and I have to reluctantly admit that I can see their point:Quote:"Digital Out from Calyx M:
Some people ask/complain there is no digital out in M
Calyx M is accomplished of DXD of 32/384 and 128DSD. SPDIF can't handle these hi-rez digital signals so it is useless to have the digital out in Calyx M M
Furthermore, Calyx M has already a decent DAC inside already. We implemented ESS SABRE 9018 K2M very successfully as we did in Calyx Femto.
Load your music into M and simply enjoy it."
As I'm sure you're already aware, OKGuy has had it confirmed that the Hugo does function correctly with the NW-ZX1, so you'll be OK with that combo.
Edited by Mython - 2/2/14 at 11:58pmpost #657 of 41562/3/14 at 12:00ampost #658 of 41562/3/14 at 12:10amQuote:
BRAVO to Calyx for listening to their users !!
Now, if they really want to make it perfect, could they add DIGITAL OUT !
And is tosh-link is not possible, may be Coax. And if digital-out do not support DSD, well this is not really a problem and not a reason for skipping digital out!
indeed,With now almost 1/2 To available, and such gréât UI, the M becomes a real potential transport for Home DAC. Imagine the M at home conected to a FEMTO Calyx !
Edited by bmichels - 2/3/14 at 12:38ampost #659 of 41562/3/14 at 12:29am
I don't see the digital out as such a biggie. The internal electronics then become greatly irrelevant. You can buy a cheap DAP from many other manufacturers to get your digital transport fix.
The Calyx M will sink or swim on its sound quality. That is where they are experts and that is what has me excited....
...well that and the M:use UI...post #660 of 41562/3/14 at 12:38am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Audio card for stereo in my computer? sound blaster z? ODAC? FiiO E10? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XB90EX 5 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)