Wow, color me impressed... I am seriously tracking the M now, and just a week or so ago I thought I had more or less decided to wait about another 12 months before buying another DAP (planned to await Fiio X7 release to see what is available). However, assuming the M sounds as good as what most expect, it'll be hard for me to hold-off now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on Yesterday at 11:05 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 crooked? Is this normal? Last post on 8/27/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 44post #646 of 42722/2/14 at 8:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 42722/2/14 at 9:15pm
That is pretty amazing.. I wonder if Calyx will do an early beta release to get some reviews and sound impressions coming in. I am really looking forward to hearing about it's sound quality. So many choices at the moment but i am holding off until this is available. What excites me is that they have stated that they are very proud of the implementation of the dac chip. Given their track record that bodes very very well.
Edited by Sauntere - 2/2/14 at 9:17pmpost #648 of 42722/2/14 at 10:46pm
Now I am decently interested , the issue of not having back and forward is pretty eh , I would like to have it, but I would have to really listen it for it to impress me enough to upgradepost #649 of 42722/2/14 at 10:54pm
I am going to be a complete ass here... but funny, I seem to remember posting this radical proposal four days ago. ;-)
Quote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Do you know what I would love to see Calyx do?...
Add an additional full-size SD slot.
Think of it.
- You would have true flexibility with both SD and microSD.
- You can inexpensively put 256GB onboard (64 internal, 64 microSD, 128 SD)
- You can put massive memory on board if you wan to spend the bucks
- You can use it as dual microSD system with a standard adapter - that's an inexpensive 192 GB system
Calyx would not have to increased the internal memory from 64 GB and it would seem to solve all memory issues.
Am I onto something here?
Thanks to Mython and others for jumping all over the idea. Serious kudos to Calyx for listening to us.
I think that they just got some sales. They got mine.post #650 of 42722/2/14 at 11:25pmpost #651 of 42722/2/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
couldn't agree more
nice onepost #652 of 42722/2/14 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #653 of 42722/2/14 at 11:39pmpost #654 of 42722/2/14 at 11:48pmQuote:
You know you'll need a seperate transport for the Hugo, right? The Calyx-M has no digital-outpost #655 of 42722/2/14 at 11:49pmQuote:
I did not mean as a combo. It would be one or the other. And the Hugo would go with my computer or with the ZX1 I think...post #656 of 42722/2/14 at 11:56pmQuote:
Yeah, cool. Just checking.
I'd love to see a digital-out on the Calyx but they said the following on Facebook, and I have to reluctantly admit that I can see their point:Quote:"Digital Out from Calyx M:
Some people ask/complain there is no digital out in M
Calyx M is accomplished of DXD of 32/384 and 128DSD. SPDIF can't handle these hi-rez digital signals so it is useless to have the digital out in Calyx M M
Furthermore, Calyx M has already a decent DAC inside already. We implemented ESS SABRE 9018 K2M very successfully as we did in Calyx Femto.
Load your music into M and simply enjoy it."
As I'm sure you're already aware, OKGuy has had it confirmed that the Hugo does function correctly with the NW-ZX1, so you'll be OK with that combo.
Edited by Mython - 2/2/14 at 11:58pmpost #657 of 42722/3/14 at 12:00ampost #658 of 42722/3/14 at 12:10amQuote:
BRAVO to Calyx for listening to their users !!
Now, if they really want to make it perfect, could they add DIGITAL OUT !
And is tosh-link is not possible, may be Coax. And if digital-out do not support DSD, well this is not really a problem and not a reason for skipping digital out!
indeed,With now almost 1/2 To available, and such gréât UI, the M becomes a real potential transport for Home DAC. Imagine the M at home conected to a FEMTO Calyx !
Edited by bmichels - 2/3/14 at 12:38ampost #659 of 42722/3/14 at 12:29am
I don't see the digital out as such a biggie. The internal electronics then become greatly irrelevant. You can buy a cheap DAP from many other manufacturers to get your digital transport fix.
The Calyx M will sink or swim on its sound quality. That is where they are experts and that is what has me excited....
...well that and the M:use UI...post #660 of 42722/3/14 at 12:38am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread just now
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 57 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-FC700 - foldable...with soundstage! 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMagic HP150 Like new 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11 For sennhiser hd 600 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)