$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #632 of 6,550
Why we don't have a Calyx representative here to keep us update with the process of M DAP?
After all looks like 50% of the sales are done thanks to headfi members.
My survey lol
smily_headphones1.gif

"Thus was it ever; thus shall it always be" !!  LOL

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #633 of 6,550
Feb 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #634 of 6,550
Feb 2, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #635 of 6,550
FYI: 128gb micros cards by microdia are available on Amazon Japan however you will need to use Tenso. The iBasso/Hibino HDP-R10 can be had there new by Amazon direct for around $ 600 US plus the Tenso fees.

... Or for $ 449 at B&H photo : 256 Gb SD (full Size)

http://tinyurl.com/ldv64mb

Yeah... I still want at least 256gb (combined) capacity on a high-end TOTL DAP, otherwise there's little point in it being so Hi-Res capable. I'm not willing to settle for a drastically-reduced music library, as it always ends in irritation that you spontaneously feel like listening to a particular album and, wouldn'tcha know it, it just happens to be one you didn't have room for on the memory card. Card-swapping is possible, put it's a PITA to fiddle with tiny microSD cards when you're out and about. They're very easy to lose/drop/damage when changing in a busy environment.

I can excuse it on X5/DX90 because of their budget price, though, even on those DAPs, I'd like to see fullsize SD slots.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #636 of 6,550

http://tinyurl.com/ldv64mb

Yeah... I still want at least 256gb (combined) capacity on a high-end TOTL DAP, otherwise there's little point in it being so Hi-Res capable. I'm not willing to settle for a drastically-reduced music library, as it always ends in irritation that you spontaneously feel like listening to a particular album and, wouldn'tcha know it, it just happens to be one you didn't have room for on the memory card. Card-swapping is possible, put it's a PITA to fiddle with tiny microSD cards when you're out and about. They're very easy to lose/drop/damage when changing in a busy environment.

I can excuse it on X5/DX90 because of their budget price, though, even on those DAPs, I'd like to see fullsize SD slots.

I don't think you'll be buying the first edition Calyx then, I don't there's much chance of it reaching 256 for a while with only one micro slot

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #637 of 6,550

I don't think you'll be buying the first edition Calyx then, I don't there's much chance of it reaching 256 for a while with only one micro slot

It's crazy that this thing could reach 320gb easily, if they'd only change that card slot.  I mean, obviously, that 256gb SD card wouldn't come cheap, but still, it'd be an instantly-attainable option for those able to afford it.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #638 of 6,550

It's crazy that this thing could reach 320gb easily, if they'd only change that card slot.  I mean, obviously, that 256gb SD card wouldn't come cheap, but still, it'd be an instantly-attainable option for those able to afford it.

cheap isn't really in the vocabulary of this thread 
wink_face.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #639 of 6,550
  cheap isn't really in the vocabulary of this thread 
wink_face.gif

I just checked the Head-Fi Dictionary definition of the word 'cheap' , and this was the result I got :

"Syntax Error - please try a different search!"   
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #640 of 6,550
I just checked the Head-Fi Dictionary definition of the word 'cheap' , and this was the result I got :

"Syntax Error - please try a different search!"    :D

ROFL :D

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #641 of 6,550
simple, because we want to irritate you :p

seriously because a) of expected implementation and quality parts and b) because high end makers would not risk their reputation by putting a bad product.

but of course only hearing M will tell us if worth or not.
right now there is no consensus on what DAP sounds best, some rave about AK120, others about HF901 and some claim having great result from ZX. go figure :D

Hehe if it doesnt sound good, who cares if it has only 8gb storage?

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #642 of 6,550
Dear Head-Fier, meet your dream DAP now:

Zero-sum game for Calyx M :

For the final production of Calyx M, we decide to delete all the wifi function. Instead, adding a SD-card slot to tht current micro-SD slot. Thus you will have two slots. You can increase memory capacity up to 64G+128G+256G=448G.

Now we have to work hard to change and apply all these for M before shipping the products no later than April.

We are soon preparing taking pre-order.

Happy Listening.

From Calyx M Facebook, 50 minutes ago!

What shall we do?  I do not see any reason to skip the Calyx M now, and the way they respond to potential customer are indeed outrageous and first class, that alone deserve our hat off already.

Well done, what a great news to start after Chinese New Year!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #644 of 6,550
Kudos to Calyx. They just showed some guts to give what the user wants and not what their marketing tells them. They are indeed commited to High-end DAP. This is getting mote exciting as things unfold.

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #645 of 6,550
@ Calyx Staff:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687944/999-calyx-m-with-dxd-dsd-64gb-single-sd-storage/570#post_10216437

I am SO impressed with your attitude towards listening to your potential customers!

Really - please, let me buy you a beer! 
beerchug.gif

You deserve to have a big success on your hands, with this DAP, now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back