Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 175

post #2611 of 6952

I doubt acrylic is much over 2 months. Probably a month more for CF and with the price change, likely to catch up once current orders are filled. They've been slammed in the past when smaller and that's been the case.

post #2612 of 6952

Really, I got a quote for 5-6 weeks for CF a week back but I'm not going that route anymore.

post #2613 of 6952

I got told roughly the same. This is a copy paste from an email I got on December 10th: Current lead-time is approx 6 weeks after receipt of impressions.

post #2614 of 6952

That sounds closer to right.

post #2615 of 6952

FYI,  recently I asked JH Audio this question: 

 

Will you have as an upgrade a  BALANCED version of the Roxane to use with balanced Amps ? 

 

 

 

and got this answer from Jerry:

 

 

Yes,

 

It is really easy for the Roxanne. All 8 conductors terminate to the 3.5mm plug.

 

Jerry

 

 

interesting....

post #2616 of 6952
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

FYI,  recently I asked JH Audio this question: 


 


Will you have as an upgrade a  BALANCED version of the Roxane to use with balanced Amps ? 


 


 


 


and got this answer from Jerry:


 


 


Yes,


 


It is really easy for the Roxanne. All 8 conductors terminate to the 3.5mm plug.


 


Jerry

\

 


 


interesting....


 



I suppose you can just re-terminate the stock cable with a balanced-connector and you can use Roxanne with a balanced amp.
Edited by headwhacker - 1/13/14 at 5:17pm
post #2617 of 6952
No you cannot. The cable has the cross over in the bass adjustment module. . So you cannot cause the the amp plug has only three wires. Not 4 .

Al
post #2618 of 6952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

No you cannot. The cable has the cross over in the bass adjustment module. . So you cannot cause the the amp plug has only three wires. Not 4 .



Al

 



Hmnn.. I thought the bass adjustment control in the wire is just a potentiometer connected to the bass wire to the phone and the crossover is still inside the monitors.
post #2619 of 6952
As of right now only jh audio knows whats in there but . In order to do a balance cable you need 4 wires from amp plug to the bass control as the wires must be in two pairs and separate from each pairs. Meaning no common wire. Sorry i know all the talk here is convoluted but this is true. Now why jerry did not run 4 wires from bass mod to amp plug only he knows why. If the cross over is in the iem then why 8 wires . The whole thing just makes no sense.

Al
post #2620 of 6952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

As of right now only jh audio knows whats in there but . In order to do a balance cable you need 4 wires from amp plug to the bass control as the wires must be in two pairs and separate from each pairs. Meaning no common wire. Sorry i know all the talk here is convoluted but this is true. Now why jerry did not run 4 wires from bass mod to amp plug only he knows why. If the cross over is in the iem then why 8 wires . The whole thing just makes no sense.



Al

 



When I demoed the Roxanne, and if my memory is correct the cable thickness is the same before and after the bass control module. So I am guessing there are 4 wires running through each channel going to the 3.5mm pin.

Anyone who already has Roxanne can confirm this?
post #2621 of 6952

Looking at Roxanne cable ... 8 wires from plug to bass module. Than 4 wires on each side from bass module to each driver ...


Edited by perdigao - 1/13/14 at 7:10pm
post #2622 of 6952
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdigao View Post

Looking at Roxanne cable ... 8 wires from plug to bass module. Than 4 wires on each side from bass module to each driver ...

In that case, looks like each channel runs 3 wires which goes to each ports in the drive. The 4th pin for driver is the group. If this is correct, simply reterminating the 3.5mm plug to a balance connector would work
post #2623 of 6952

Does this help? This was done for the AK240 DAP at CES. That's definitely a balanced TRRS (but 2.5mm).

 

post #2624 of 6952
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 
When I demoed the Roxanne, and if my memory is correct the cable thickness is the same before and after the bass control module. So I am guessing there are 4 wires running through each channel going to the 3.5mm pin.

Anyone who already has Roxanne can confirm this?

 

Yes. 8 wires total with 4 to each channel.

post #2625 of 6952
Cool, I'll try this myself and will use Roxanne in a balance setup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"