New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #2,596 of 8,377
  NO, TRRS was not possible because they want to avoid someone inserting by mistake a regular 3 pole 3,5mm jack in the 4 poles slot. Apparently this will damage the unit (short circuit ?)

HM901 did it with a simple switch.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #2,600 of 8,377
What is the soundstage and imaging like in these, apparently IEM's cannot have a soundstage, is this true?

I am torn between these and the IE800 because of its chamber dampening and 'distortion free base.' I am looking for imaging and soundstage most of all. Thanks in advance.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #2,601 of 8,377
What is the soundstage and imaging like in these, apparently IEM's cannot have a soundstage, is this true?

I am torn between these and the IE800 because of its chamber dampening and 'distortion free base.' I am looking for imaging and soundstage most of all. Thanks in advance.

The IE800 IMO is too harsh on highs...

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #2,602 of 8,377
Sorry for the OT but nothing happens if do not have the switch on the right position...what is the risk?

Depending on the topology of the output amp it could be damaging and possibly so on the 901 if left that way for a bit. The bottom two rings (contacts) are now one and act to short 2 of the 4 active gain stages to each other. (bad) 

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #2,608 of 8,377
I haven't ordered yet, but I was considering it, so I called JH to see what their lead time was on these. For CF models, they said "we're pretty far behind". For the regular kind, they said "we can do those faster, we're only a few months behind on those". So..... yeah. FYI.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #2,609 of 8,377
I haven't ordered yet, but I was considering it, so I called JH to see what their lead time was on these. For CF models, they said "we're pretty far behind". For the regular kind, they said "we can do those faster, we're only a few months behind on those". So..... yeah. FYI.

Few months :frowning2:((( Damned !!!

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #2,610 of 8,377

That explains why they hiked the price of the CF. If the acrylic is a few months behind, the CF must be like what, 6 months behind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back