or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II - Page 116

post #1726 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


So soon they will be sold for even less..

 

How low will they go?  I'm tempted to pick one up even if I don't need it.  I want to get it when the price reaches its lowest point that way I can sell it for the same amount after I'm done playing with it.

post #1727 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

How low will they go?  I'm tempted to pick one up even if I don't need it.  I want to get it when the price reaches its lowest point that way I can sell it for the same amount after I'm done playing with it.
no one knows now..u just have to stalk the second hand section as it all depends on the seller ..but i think 400 or less if they are desperate enough to buy a he560 fast...lolz

Little warning though..a welldriven he500 can be very addictive...only a few people sold it because they didnt like it..most sold it to go up the headphone market, more higher end. Its that good... i had one..so i know.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/12/14 at 8:13pm
post #1728 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post
 

Lol if Dre really cared about his headphones (which I doubt he does) he should put that $275mil towards some well deserved R&D. With that much, he and Jimmy Iovine would definitely be able to rival Sennheiser and most competitive brands in terms of quality and still have enough money left over to beat their prices. But of course all they're worried about is their profit margin so that'll never happen.

 

You'd think that the amount of money they'd drop on R&D would pale in comparison to the increased sales if they could actually produce a genuinely quality product. 

post #1729 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Little warning though..a welldriven he500 can be very addictive...only a few people sold it because they didnt like it..most sold it to go up the headphone market, more higher end. Its that good... i had one..so i know.

 

That's a risk I'll just have to take.  :beerchug:

post #1730 of 4637

Anyone know of a price estimate ont he 400i and 560's? My HE-500's are incredible with an NFB 10.33. My friend tried them today, and I played him:

Savant - Sledgehammer

Savant - Bada bing

Terravita - Atlantic Drifter

Savant - Burgertime.

 

During Sledgehammer, her was looking around, as if he were in a concert hall. Afterwards, I asked what he thought. He said the bass are incredible, and the 'highs' are stunning. He said everything was really spacious.

He has Beats IEMs >:)

post #1731 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post
 

Anyone know of a price estimate ont he 400i and 560's? My HE-500's are incredible with an NFB 10.33. My friend tried them today, and I played him:

Savant - Sledgehammer

Savant - Bada bing

Terravita - Atlantic Drifter

Savant - Burgertime.

 

During Sledgehammer, her was looking around, as if he were in a concert hall. Afterwards, I asked what he thought. He said the bass are incredible, and the 'highs' are stunning. He said everything was really spacious.

He has Beats IEMs >:)

 

499 and 899 for the 400i and 560 respectively...  Assuming you're talking about the upcoming HiFiMan models. 

post #1732 of 4637
You would be correct assuming that, yes. I'm too lazy to check via mobile, but does anyone know if the future models will accept the same cables as previous models? And that $900 tag is tempting, but would it be worth the upgrade? D:
post #1733 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by semaj8james View Post

You would be correct assuming that, yes. I'm too lazy to check via mobile, but does anyone know if the future models will accept the same cables as previous models? And that $900 tag is tempting, but would it be worth the upgrade? D:

 

Not sure about the cables...  In January, people were complaining that they saw the same cables on the demo models...  Now sure if that has changed.  As for whether or not that'll be worth the upgrade isn't known.  For one, they have yet to be released, so there isn't much information about sound.  But what we do know is that they'll be more efficient, lighter, have new pads, and a new suspension headband.  So they should be much more comfortable.  No ideas about sound unfortunately XD

post #1734 of 4637
The Emotiva mini-X us said to drive the HE500s quite well for $169. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. In the meantime I'm driving them with another speaker amp, the Topping TP60 which I got for $211aud. Surprisingly detailed and a power house for so little money
post #1735 of 4637

When I bought my HD800s in the beginning of February, all my friends were like "Are you out of your mind, I'd never drop that much cash on ******* headphones". Most of them were more like, shocked, rather than impressed ( not that I bought the phones to impress anyone, we all know it's not about that ). Some of them tried them out and quite frankly, I couldn't get 'em to leave after that :D They absolutely loved the sound, but they were still convinced that it's way too expensive.

 

Some of my guildies in WoW ( World of Warcraft ) also know about the phones, and they were like "Such price and they don't even have a microphone?!". LOL. It's amusing. Rather amusing indeed.

post #1736 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

The he500 needs quality power..not just raw power..i had a simple matrix mstage and it drove the he500 just fine..but i found out when upgrading to the modded 337 i got how good it really could be...

..the he500 gets better and better when upgrading to a better amp..but this is a can of worms we cant get into here..as on the he500 thread it got really messy at some point about this..
U just have to try different amps out with the he500.. And get urself what sound suits u best..thats best way to tackle it..u domt need to go into the big bucks...but the he500 does improves if the dac and amp improves..and for gods sake..use lossless material wink.gif
Th MG Head MK3 is definitely the quality of power that works well with that kind of can, I've heard very good things about the combo too.
post #1737 of 4637

My sister is down, so I am going to finally get her to listen to my rig.  May be a few days though, we are spending everyday/night at the hospital.  My mom has stage 4 cancer, though the doctors are very hopeful, but we are trying to spend as much time with her as possible.

 

I will get her reaction before she goes back home though.

 

 

...btw, couldnt lug all my equipment up to the hospital, but my mom sure liked hearing some of her favorite music off my phone through my ps1000, she was singing along and asked me to bring my headphones again on friday.  Have to love those low impedance Grados :)

post #1738 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by flailure View Post

My sister is down, so I am going to finally get her to listen to my rig.  May be a few days though, we are spending everyday/night at the hospital.  My mom has stage 4 cancer, though the doctors are very hopeful, but we are trying to spend as much time with her as possible.

I will get her reaction before she goes back home though.


...btw, couldnt lug all my equipment up to the hospital, but my mom sure liked hearing some of her favorite music off my phone through my ps1000, she was singing along and asked me to bring my headphones again on friday.  Have to love those low impedance Grados smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to hear frown.gif all the best and get well soon smily_headphones1.gif
post #1739 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by flailure View Post

My sister is down, so I am going to finally get her to listen to my rig.  May be a few days though, we are spending everyday/night at the hospital.  My mom has stage 4 cancer, though the doctors are very hopeful, but we are trying to spend as much time with her as possible.

I will get her reaction before she goes back home though.


...btw, couldnt lug all my equipment up to the hospital, but my mom sure liked hearing some of her favorite music off my phone through my ps1000, she was singing along and asked me to bring my headphones again on friday.  Have to love those low impedance Grados smily_headphones1.gif
Omg.. Am sure we all are with u in this and hope she will be okay soon.. All the best for ur mum..and strenght for u and ur family..my prayers are with u man!...and when she gets better u know what to do..give her a new grado headphone..
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/13/14 at 10:17am
post #1740 of 4637
Quote:
Originally Posted by flailure View Post
 

My sister is down, so I am going to finally get her to listen to my rig.  May be a few days though, we are spending everyday/night at the hospital.  My mom has stage 4 cancer, though the doctors are very hopeful, but we are trying to spend as much time with her as possible.

 

I will get her reaction before she goes back home though.

 

 

...btw, couldnt lug all my equipment up to the hospital, but my mom sure liked hearing some of her favorite music off my phone through my ps1000, she was singing along and asked me to bring my headphones again on friday.  Have to love those low impedance Grados :)

That made me shed a manly tear, I'm so sorry, I really hope she gets better soon!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II