Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,696 of 4,655
Marketing is the art of manipulation. Humans are quite simple minded because.....(long philosophical debate)
-> people like buying things other 'cool' people won on TV because it makes them feel special (without noticing others are doing the same).

Beats are only the tip of the iceberg. Others are much worse (no names).

Does the name start with an A and u can eat it? :D Oops..now i look at my stuff i have or had stuff of that brand..but luckily i never ever paid for it..and to be honest..i wouldnt also.. I have a S4 of a certain premium brand i paid for and i love it.. No Whities stuff being pushed against my ears :D
On the contrary my fashio crazy addict of a wife does have a version 4s and is going to get a white 6 when its out and then the 4s goes to daughter..eeuwww need to be carefull in my own house not to be brainwashed..hehehehe

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,697 of 4,655

And that is with HTC...think about the profits if they had partnered up with Samsung.

I don't think Samsung ever offered.

But keep in mind Beats is ALSO partnered with HP and Dodge. Dre is definitely rolling in it.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,698 of 4,655
Does the name start with an A and u can eat it?
biggrin.gif
Oops..now i look at my stuff i have or had stuff of that brand..but luckily i never ever paid for it..and to be honest..i wouldnt also.. I have a S4 of a certain premium brand i paid for and i love it.. No Whities stuff being pushed against my ears
biggrin.gif

On the contrary my fashio crazy addict of a wife does have a version 4s and is going to get a white 6 when its out and then the 4s goes to daughter..eeuwww need to be carefull in my own house not to be brainwashed..hehehehe

Sorry but I can't help you with that my friend....
wink.gif

But it really seems as if you where funding other people's obsession.

I don't think Samsung ever offered.

But keep in mind Beats is ALSO partnered with HP and Dodge. Dre is definitely rolling in it.

I am very much aware of that. It was just a 'what-if' scenario.

That is why people listen to classical music, as to not encourage such behaviour. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #1,699 of 4,655
... They have beats audio In dodge trucks??... I know what NOT to buy now... Beats audio pisses me off. It messes with Eq when its on, and it also messes with EQ when its off.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,702 of 4,655
Why are we not naming product names??... Lol. The only thing I hate about the HTC one is beats audio... Other than that, its by far the best android. Galaxy S4 is meh. I'd get a google nexus 5 if I was to go with android tho. Pure stock android operating system. No extras, and it has a quad core 2.4 GHz processor with 2 GB of ram. Extremely fast phone. I have a Nokia Lumia 925 as my phone. Basically the HTC One of windows phones, but without crappy audio programs. It even has a built in Eq! Full aluminum, polarized screen, and super sensitive touch screen... And by extremely, I mean touch a cord to the screen and it reacts. Hover your finger 1mm above the screen and it reacts... Of course they have a low and high screen sensitivity though, so that is useful.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #1,703 of 4,655
LOL oh we're gonna Apple hating in here? On head-fi? Really? That's not even pot calling the kettle black, that's pot calling another pot black. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,704 of 4,655
LOL oh we're gonna Apple hating in here? On head-fi? Really? That's not even pot calling the kettle black, that's pot calling another pot black. 

No one is hating apple..i love the looks of the ipad..and especially the new ipad air..no other brand has the looks so well designed as apple does...we are only talking about certain very marketing bought brands in general..and apple and beats are one of the biggest names existing..but me personally would never pay the prices they ask for their stuff..no matter how good they look..thats all..no hate here.. :D

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #1,705 of 4,655
No one is hating apple..i love the looks of the ipad..and especially the new ipad air..no other brand has the looks so well designed as apple does...we are only talking about certain very marketing bought brands in general..and apple and beats are one of the biggest names existing..but me personally would never pay the prices they ask for their stuff..no matter how good they look..thats all..no hate here..
biggrin.gif

LOL just saying, this forum is dedicated to paying more for things than could be considered responsible. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,706 of 4,655

LOL just saying, this forum is dedicated to paying more for things than could be considered responsible
biggrin.gif

Huh?? don't get what that word is...or what it has to do with me spending my hard earned dollar for that matter...
blink.gif

Oh and what was the topic of this thread again?

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #1,707 of 4,655
Huh?? don't get what that word is...or what it has to do with me spending my hard earned dollar for that matter...:blink:  

:popcorn:

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #1,708 of 4,655

Huh?? don't get what that word is...or what it has to do with me spending my hard earned dollar for that matter...
blink.gif

I forget. Was planning my road trip tomorrow to audition a bunch of planars. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #1,709 of 4,655
I forget. Was planning my road trip tomorrow to audition a bunch of planars. 

He400i, he560, lcd-x, lcd-xc, Paradox (or the mysterious new Enigma) alpha dogs or maddogs? :wink:
Or all of the above? :p

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #1,710 of 4,655
Lol. Nokia and HTC's are more beautiful than any phones you will see. And windows gaming laptops/desktops usually have neon lights that glow blue and red... Ipads and ipods do look nice, but iPhones and iMacs are UGLY. Look up the HTC One if you haven't seen it. Absolutely gorgeous. Or the Lumia 925. The 925 is my second pick in aesthetic appeal. The display represents colors and has a more customizable color tint to it on the 925, so display is best on 925 even considering how its 720p compared to 1080p, but the colors on the 925 are too lifelike to ignore. For looks, HTC takes it though. The curved aluminum compared to the less curved aluminum on the 925 is better looking. Plus the 925 has a polycarbonate backing. Its not ugly if you have the black version, but the white 925 attracts marker ink and other things like no tomorrow. I just use a wet cloth... Too bad T-Mobile messed up my order of a black 925, and gave me a white one instead... But the front of the One is beautiful, with its two stereo speaker bars on top and bottom... Too bad it has beats audio tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back