Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product - Page 14

post #196 of 587
Thread Starter 

I've held back with my order still. Limited funds and I have to decide if I should go for another portable component or focus on improving my desktop rig. Whilst on the limited edition DD's, they've started to sell the daughter boards which allow you to switch do different opamps :-

 

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=003082000020&search=Venturecraft&sort=brandname

post #197 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

OPA627 is not suit to my taste but I probably going to get MUSES01 limited version. Since I already have MUSES02, I can swap between 01 and 02 to give it a try on both edition.

I am keep thinking your national is creating a bottle neck in your nice setup. 

post #198 of 587

Nice of them, however I think just to be safe the ideal thing is to have the 12V board in order for one to be able to comfortably do a opamp swap.

 

I was speaking with my cousin who is an electrical engineer. He told me that opamp in general all do the same thing, they were design to replace tube valve. In terms of audio component he said he ideally if you want to make sure you are getting the "best" that the opamp can offer you must design your board around it. 

 

This makes me wonder if the entire concept of opamp rolling will actually do us any good. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I've held back with my order still. Limited funds and I have to decide if I should go for another portable component or focus on improving my desktop rig. Whilst on the limited edition DD's, they've started to sell the daughter boards which allow you to switch do different opamps :-

 

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=003082000020&search=Venturecraft&sort=brandname

post #199 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Whilst on the limited edition DD's, they've started to sell the daughter boards which allow you to switch do different opamps :-

 

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=003082000020&search=Venturecraft&sort=brandname

Is this for other OpAmp that didn't come in DIP format right? MUSES01/02 should be able to swap without any problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I am keep thinking your national is creating a bottle neck in your nice setup. 

That might be true. I probably going to get another amp in the near future. ALO Rx is hissing too much, so that out of question.

post #200 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

Is this for other OpAmp that didn't come in DIP format right? MUSES01/02 should be able to swap without any problem.

That might be true. I probably going to get another amp in the near future. ALO Rx is hissing too much, so that out of question.

Have you tried the O2 and perhaps the C5? After going back and forth I had many mixed feelings about O2 but after hearing some many times more expensive amp I think O2 hold its ground more than well. It is design to amplifier signal with minimum colouration. I just wish they designed it in the same was the pico-power. Right now I am using the C5 with my DD socket 1 because of how it stacks up, with the reducing the gain setting on the DD socket 1 the mids are not longer a forward. Have a look at C5, it is designed to work for IEM. 

post #201 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Have you tried the O2 and perhaps the C5? After going back and forth I had many mixed feelings about O2 but after hearing some many times more expensive amp I think O2 hold its ground more than well. It is design to amplifier signal with minimum colouration. I just wish they designed it in the same was the pico-power. Right now I am using the C5 with my DD socket 1 because of how it stacks up, with the reducing the gain setting on the DD socket 1 the mids are not longer a forward. Have a look at C5, it is designed to work for IEM. 

O2 probably too big but I also looking into C5 too. I think they use OPA2227. I really want to listen from it with my Socket 1. gkanai told me to contact him next time that I visit Tokyo, so I can try his C5.

post #202 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

O2 probably too big but I also looking into C5 too. I think they use OPA2227. I really want to listen from it with my Socket 1. gkanai told me to contact him next time that I visit Tokyo, so I can try his C5.

Yes O2 size is not the problem, how it stacks is really odd considering where the volume knob is. 
 

post #203 of 587

Just open my Socket 1 and switch it to low gain. It sound a little bit better on my ALO National.

 

Also open up my Go-Dap X and saw that they use Burr Brown PCM2902C for their USB DAC.

post #204 of 587

I'm wondering...

 

Do you guys think the C5 will outperform the Rx MK II with IEM/CIEMs?

 

I do use my Mrspeakers Mad Dogs for traveling, but on the go, I only listen to my ciems. One thing I love about the Rx MK II is the bass impact. Haven't found another amp with equal impact.


Edited by Greed - 4/4/13 at 3:27pm
post #205 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

I'm wondering...

 

Do you guys think the C5 will outperform the Rx MK II with IEM/CIEMs?

 

I do use my Mrspeakers Mad Dogs for traveling, but on the go, I only listen to my ciems. One think I love about the Rx MK II is the bass impact. Haven't found another amp with equal impact.

Probably not but, as I already mention, ALO Rx series is too hissing with my MH335DW, so I'm looking for an Amp that black, neutral, and small.

 

On the go, I already have my Go-Dap X. I spend about 8 hours of listening every day at work.

post #206 of 587

My limited edition just arrived!!!

 

 

 

 

It's thickest off all three sibling

 

post #207 of 587

Congrats, lucky you. Looking forward to your review :-)

 

PS: All you need now is portaphile (been the devils advocate )

post #208 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Congrats, lucky you. Looking forward to your review :-)

 

PS: All you need now is portaphile (been the devils advocate )

This one is not the 627SM but MUSES01. 

post #209 of 587

Interesting, it would be nice to see if the added voltage effects the performance or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthefirst View Post

This one is not the 627SM but MUSES01. 

post #210 of 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Interesting, it would be nice to see if the added voltage effects the performance or not.

My 9V version is MUSES02 but my intention is to use both 01 and 02 OpAmp to compare the difference since it can be swap between those two version.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product