VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
Mar 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #166 of 594
Quote:
So this limited edition DD Limited 12V is basically for what purpose? Not for IEMs. Needs amplification, right? Is this for HifiMans and Aud'ezes?

They all need an amplifier as they are DAC with lineout. The 12 V is there because OPA627 needs 12 V to power up correctly. I dont think the output will be that high but still if it is the limited edition has gain switch which the current one lacks.

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #167 of 594
Quote:

So I just talked to VentureCraft (thank goodness for Skype, that was a call from Oz to Tokyo whilst I'm holidaying in Perth), they're making 100 pieces and that's it. Pre-orders of the black DDs will include a cable worth approx $100-$120 :-

Total of 100 pieces, is that mean all versions together or just OPA627SM?

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #169 of 594
Quote:

Total of 100 pieces, is that mean all versions together or just OPA627SM?

I am guessing if the preorder are not enough they will only make a few with that opamp. I saw this on ambelo website, so those who understand Japanes will be able to translate better than google. 

(このOPA627SMモデルのみ初回入荷数はごく少数になってしまいますので、ご予約はお早目に!)

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #170 of 594
Quote:
I am guessing if the preorder are not enough they will only make a few with that opamp. I saw this on ambelo website, so those who understand Japanes will be able to translate better than google. 

(このOPA627SMモデルのみ初回入荷数はごく少数になってしまいますので、ご予約はお早目に!)

It said that stock of the OPA627SM model will be very limited, please ordered it as early as possible. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #172 of 594
See what happens, always wanted a 627 setup, I feel this will be one time opportunity. 
Yep. In addition from what I was told, with the SM model, if one wanted to move back to the Muses01/02 they could. But with the Muses01/02, it's hard to move to the SM. This is presumably due to the chassis size required for the SM model.

GKanai is right about the quantities...100 for all models, not 627SM specifically.

P.S. I must say that the SM is only part of the reason of my interest. The 3200mAh also interests me as the Go-DAP can finally charge the iPhone completely. I know, not important for most but for me it's actually quite practical.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #173 of 594
Quote:
Yep. In addition from what I was told, with the SM model, if one wanted to move back to the Muses01/02 they could. But with the Muses01/02, it's hard to move to the SM. This is presumably due to the chassis size required for the SM model.

GKanai is right about the quantities...100 for all models, not 627SM specifically.

P.S. I must say that the SM is only part of the reason of my interest. The 3200mAh also interests me as the Go-DAP can finally charge the iPhone completely. I know, not important for most but for me it's actually quite practical.

The 3200 mAh is a plus but 627 sound is not really fit to my taste. Is it worth to get MUSES02 model? I already have MUSES02 9V model. Can anyone tell me what are the advantage of increasing the input voltage to 12V?

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #174 of 594
Quote:
The 3200 mAh is a plus but 627 sound is not really fit to my taste. Is it worth to get MUSES02 model? I already have MUSES02 9V model. Can anyone tell me what are the advantage of increasing the input voltage to 12V?

If you are using IEMs, there probably isn't any. In fact, it might be a worse pairing. I wish, the 9V version came in the black. :frowning2:

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #175 of 594
From what I have learned from DIY pages all OPAMP have maximum operating voltages and absolute maximum operating voltages, the idea is to never exceed these two. A good designer is able to supply the OPAMP its maximum voltage requirement and in return that is believe to provide the sound that operational amplifier can provide. 

If you under-power it on loud listening your device will probably clip on loud listening sessions. 

I do think the new limited edition is suitable for IEM because it has gain adjustment at the back. As you can see from the pictures you can adjust the setting on low and use it with IEM just fine and with headphone where you want a louder line out VRM you can use the high gain setting?
Quote:

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #176 of 594
Quote:
From what I have learned from DIY pages all OPAMP have maximum operating voltages and absolute maximum operating voltages, the idea is to never exceed these two. A good designer is able to supply the OPAMP its maximum voltage requirement and in return that is believe to provide the sound that operational amplifier can provide. 

If you under-power it on loud listening your device will probably clip on loud listening sessions. 

I do think the new limited edition is suitable for IEM because it has gain adjustment at the back. As you can see from the pictures you can adjust the setting on low and use it with IEM just fine and with headphone where you want a louder line out VRM you can use the high gain setting?

Thanks for your information.

I'm worry that with 12V it will be too loud for my listening level when connecting to Amp. Right now with my ALO National, I only listen from it with only 10-20% volume. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #177 of 594
Drop an email to the venturcraft folks and see them for the vrm values under the low and high setting, I think that is the best way for you to find out. They are really helpful and promote on replying back. But I am sure that their newer limited model has gain setting switch at the back. This is a feature which is missing in the older DD socket 1.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/b1/900x900px-LL-b164d434_o0570037912468324156.jpeg
Quote:
Thanks for your information.

I'm worry that with 12V it will be too loud for my listening level when connecting to Amp. Right now with my ALO National, I only listen from it with only 10-20% volume. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #178 of 594
Quote:
Drop an email to the venturcraft folks and see them for the vrm values under the low and high setting, I think that is the best way for you to find out. They are really helpful and promote on replying back. But I am sure that their newer limited model has gain setting switch at the back. This is a feature which is missing in the older DD socket 1.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/b1/900x900px-LL-b164d434_o0570037912468324156.jpeg

Thanks for your suggestion.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #179 of 594
Quote:

Do you know what the output power for the amp is? Or the output impedance? I've thought the same about a few desktop amps that I was inquiring about, but it ended up not doing well with highly sensitive phones and IEMs. Having a gain switch, doesn't ultimately mean it will do well with IEMs, but some do. Just wondering.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #180 of 594
Quote:
Do you know what the output power for the amp is? Or the output impedance? I've thought the same about a few desktop amps that I was inquiring about, but it ended up not doing well with highly sensitive phones and IEMs. Having a gain switch, doesn't ultimately mean it will do well with IEMs, but some do. Just wondering.

it comes down to how low the VRM gain setting is. Best to check with venturcraft before purchasing. I was just wondering do you have an actual recommended gain setting for sensitive IEM? 
PS:How do you like your MK2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back