VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
Apr 22, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #226 of 594
Apparently I found out that Musica Acoustics has a DD Socket 1 Limited Edition that he brought for the NY Show this past weekend. It comes with the FAD PF IV. So I'd guess if anyone there in the States who are keen on this, feel free to ping him and save on international shipping and time. No idea about the price but supposedly on special. PM DimitriTrush or just mail Musica Acoustics.

Mods, please do let me know if this post is OK. If not, I apologise and moderate as seen fit.

Edit: Looks like the unit is also open to review tours. Again, PM for DimitriTrush for more details.
P.S. Ping the man quick. He's leaving US tomorrow.

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #228 of 594
Quote:
Do you know which limited edition it is? I was going to get the F111 sadly was sold before I could ask. 

Dunno...guessing OPA275 V12 version? Wait, U're in Oz :p! I was hinting more towards those in US who were keen since he's there and can't really be bothered to lug it back (along with other things in his suitcase of goodies).

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #229 of 594
Quote:

Dunno...guessing OPA275 V12 version? Wait, U're in Oz :p! I was hinting more towards those in US who were keen since he's there and can't really be bothered to lug it back (along with other things in his suitcase of goodies).

Good deal is a good deal :p Shipping is only 30 bucks :D

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #231 of 594
Quote:
Apparently I found out that Musica Acoustics has a DD Socket 1 Limited Edition that he brought for the NY Show this past weekend. It comes with the FAD PF IV. So I'd guess if anyone there in the States who are keen on this, feel free to ping him and save on international shipping and time. No idea about the price but supposedly on special. PM DimitriTrush or just mail Musica Acoustics.

Mods, please do let me know if this post is OK. If not, I apologise and moderate as seen fit.

Edit: Looks like the unit is also open to review tours. Again, PM for DimitriTrush for more details.
P.S. Ping the man quick. He's leaving US tomorrow.

Took advantage of this tremendous deal. I will have my two Socket 1's side by side to due some comparisons, but will end up selling one because I don't need two. I will more than likely keep the LE with my MUSES 02 rather than the stock OPA275 but I'm not making any decisions until I hear both side by side. I'm very excited about the LE, I hope it is worth the upgrade. Thanks Anak!

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #233 of 594
I received my Socket DD 1 LE in the mail today, and there are a few aesthetic differences as well. The coating on the device is similar to my Cavalli LG amp. Not sure exactly what it is, but it is not  the same as the original Socket 1 (blue). Does anyone that has the LE version know if the OP275 opamp is compatible with the 9V version of the Socket 1? I haven't got around to comparing the two sonically, but have already made the decision to sell the original one. The problem is, I'm pretty sure I want to keep the MUSES02 op amp that I have in my blue socket 1. Will the 275 fit and work in the 9V version? 

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #234 of 594
As far as I know they only mod the voltage the opamp do not change. So it should fit. I highly recommend emailing them before doing anything, they normally respond within a day.
Quote:
I received my Socket DD 1 LE in the mail today, and there are a few aesthetic differences as well. The coating on the device is similar to my Cavalli LG amp. Not sure exactly what it is, but it is not  the same as the original Socket 1 (blue). Does anyone that has the LE version know if the OP275 opamp is compatible with the 9V version of the Socket 1? I haven't got around to comparing the two sonically, but have already made the decision to sell the original one. The problem is, I'm pretty sure I want to keep the MUSES02 op amp that I have in my blue socket 1. Will the 275 fit and work in the 9V version? 

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #236 of 594
Confirmed that the OP275, MUSES01 and 02 are all interchangable between the Socket 1 (Blue) and the Socket 1 LE (Black). Guess that means, I can safely sell my Socket 1 (Blue), if any one is interested let me know.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #237 of 594
Read through the thread and decided to pull the trigger on the OP275 version. Thanks guys for posting all the information. I want to also order an 1/8 to 1/8 cable (probably moon audio), but I'm not sure if I really need to buy a nice 30pin to usb cable. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Seems to me digital is digital...I have a $5 cable that'll work...not sure if I need to fork over the cash for a higher grade usb cable.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #238 of 594
Yea digital is digital, unless you want to run the signal for a kilometer it doesnt matter. Those cables that we buy are mostly for durability and customization that we like to have on our setup. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #239 of 594
Gotcha. I might go ahead and order a moon audio usb since I have one of their headphone cables and will be purchasing the 1/8th to 1/8th. Their usb really doesn't look very durable in the pictures though. Here's what I have for now:

21Z5%2B1Rj5NL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back