- 2,408 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- GoVibe Porta Tube+ valve headphone amp/USB DAC in review - beautiful in blue Last post on 6/19/12 at 4:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good deal on NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fostex HP-P1 or a Pico Slim for custom IEMS? Last post on 6/3/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 24post #346 of 6916/17/12 at 4:37pmWell maybe they're trying to reach yet another demographic. I don't know why we're putting V-MODA in a mass-consumer box here. If they want to make a product for the high-end audiophile market, well good on them. I think it shows growth and versatility.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 6916/17/12 at 10:00pm
Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?post #348 of 6916/17/12 at 11:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by songmic
Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?
Ok, think you may have stumbled the Achilles' heel of the Go-DAP (and therefore presumably the VAmp). The Toslink out of the device sounds rather "flat". This is where both the HP-P1 & CLAS have an edge over the Go-DAP/VAmp.
Talking to the makers, it seems the issue is that at the optical out, it -always- up-samples to 48kHz.
Val, if you're able use your wonderful charm in influencing our mutual friends to change that, it'll be greatly appreciated. Let the original sampling be passed through - 44.1kHz -> 44.1kHz, 48kHz -> 48kHz. I've talked to them about it a few months ago. I don't know if it can be remediated firmware/software-wise or if it was hardcoded into the circuitry.post #349 of 6916/18/12 at 6:49am
There is stuff out there, like this from bang and olufsen!
The BeoPlay A3 iPad dock meanwhile can sit at all manner of angles thanks to the clever design, while the integrated accelerometer ensures the screen rotates as the iPad dock moves.
it weighs in at around 1.5kg, has a rechargeable battery good for five hours and will cost $549. It's due out now.http://player.vimeo.com/video/17700447?portrait=0" This is were val is right now,I went here in 2008 with tiesto on his elements of life tour,on a night it looks like blade runner!
Edited by our martin - 6/18/12 at 11:46ampost #350 of 6916/18/12 at 9:01am
That's 49 minutes long, which part is like bladerunner? =)
Yeah, no reason why V-moda doesn't have the right to try competing with Fostex.post #351 of 6916/19/12 at 10:00am
Mine finally arrived today. Frankly I don't have the time or luxury to make another unboxing video after Val already made a great video out of it, but I'll give it some burn-in time and share my impressions and review with you guys hopefully by the end of this week. Stay tuned.
Edited by songmic - 6/19/12 at 10:19ampost #352 of 6916/19/12 at 5:46pmpost #353 of 6916/19/12 at 9:55pm
Val, I see that the VAMP is currently sold out on V-MODA.com as well as Amazon. First of all, congratulations! Secondly, are there any other retailers that might have any in stock? If not, when do you expect more to become available?post #354 of 6916/20/12 at 2:30ampost #355 of 6916/20/12 at 3:21amQuote:
No, you may be able to use the iTouch with this amp but it won't fit into its physical case.post #356 of 6916/20/12 at 3:26amQuote:
But you can use an iPod extension cable like this. Such a cable will work. :-post #357 of 6916/20/12 at 3:31amQuote:
I will be doing this with ipad3's in the back of the car!post #358 of 6916/20/12 at 5:51am
Are you tempting someone to rob your car? You mention 3 iPads and 3 M-100s in the back of your car repeatedly. Where do you live?post #359 of 6916/20/12 at 6:42amQuote:
I live in South Africa, you know how hard it is for me to resist?post #360 of 6916/20/12 at 6:49am
It's in manhattan newyork, it's a dodge challenger rt classic with a hemi v8 black with white rt stripes!like this, the hemi v8 sounds nice!This is mine the evo 6, it's much better on corners!
Edited by our martin - 6/20/12 at 7:26am
- V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-15) 11 seconds ago
- › starting to narrow it down a little- amp suggestion help HD-650 and... 30 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Messenger Bag.... Fi! 1 minute ago
- › Thinking of getting custom molds for Universal IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Search for excellent noise isolation, passive or active 4 minutes ago
- › what portable headphones under 400USD 4 minutes ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude