- 2,449 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- GoVibe Porta Tube+ valve headphone amp/USB DAC in review - beautiful in blue Last post on 6/19/12 at 4:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good deal on NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fostex HP-P1 or a Pico Slim for custom IEMS? Last post on 6/3/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 24post #346 of 6916/17/12 at 4:37pmWell maybe they're trying to reach yet another demographic. I don't know why we're putting V-MODA in a mass-consumer box here. If they want to make a product for the high-end audiophile market, well good on them. I think it shows growth and versatility.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 6916/17/12 at 10:00pm
Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?post #348 of 6916/17/12 at 11:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by songmic
Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?
Ok, think you may have stumbled the Achilles' heel of the Go-DAP (and therefore presumably the VAmp). The Toslink out of the device sounds rather "flat". This is where both the HP-P1 & CLAS have an edge over the Go-DAP/VAmp.
Talking to the makers, it seems the issue is that at the optical out, it -always- up-samples to 48kHz.
Val, if you're able use your wonderful charm in influencing our mutual friends to change that, it'll be greatly appreciated. Let the original sampling be passed through - 44.1kHz -> 44.1kHz, 48kHz -> 48kHz. I've talked to them about it a few months ago. I don't know if it can be remediated firmware/software-wise or if it was hardcoded into the circuitry.post #349 of 6916/18/12 at 6:49am
There is stuff out there, like this from bang and olufsen!
The BeoPlay A3 iPad dock meanwhile can sit at all manner of angles thanks to the clever design, while the integrated accelerometer ensures the screen rotates as the iPad dock moves.
it weighs in at around 1.5kg, has a rechargeable battery good for five hours and will cost $549. It's due out now.http://player.vimeo.com/video/17700447?portrait=0" This is were val is right now,I went here in 2008 with tiesto on his elements of life tour,on a night it looks like blade runner!
Edited by our martin - 6/18/12 at 11:46ampost #350 of 6916/18/12 at 9:01am
That's 49 minutes long, which part is like bladerunner? =)
Yeah, no reason why V-moda doesn't have the right to try competing with Fostex.post #351 of 6916/19/12 at 10:00am
Mine finally arrived today. Frankly I don't have the time or luxury to make another unboxing video after Val already made a great video out of it, but I'll give it some burn-in time and share my impressions and review with you guys hopefully by the end of this week. Stay tuned.
Edited by songmic - 6/19/12 at 10:19ampost #352 of 6916/19/12 at 5:46pmpost #353 of 6916/19/12 at 9:55pm
Val, I see that the VAMP is currently sold out on V-MODA.com as well as Amazon. First of all, congratulations! Secondly, are there any other retailers that might have any in stock? If not, when do you expect more to become available?post #354 of 6916/20/12 at 2:30ampost #355 of 6916/20/12 at 3:21amQuote:
No, you may be able to use the iTouch with this amp but it won't fit into its physical case.post #356 of 6916/20/12 at 3:26amQuote:
But you can use an iPod extension cable like this. Such a cable will work. :-post #357 of 6916/20/12 at 3:31amQuote:
I will be doing this with ipad3's in the back of the car!post #358 of 6916/20/12 at 5:51am
Are you tempting someone to rob your car? You mention 3 iPads and 3 M-100s in the back of your car repeatedly. Where do you live?post #359 of 6916/20/12 at 6:42amQuote:
I live in South Africa, you know how hard it is for me to resist?post #360 of 6916/20/12 at 6:49am
It's in manhattan newyork, it's a dodge challenger rt classic with a hemi v8 black with white rt stripes!like this, the hemi v8 sounds nice!This is mine the evo 6, it's much better on corners!
Edited by our martin - 6/20/12 at 7:26am
- V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 17 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 25 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 32 seconds ago
- › Advice for Reterminating an IEM 36 seconds ago
- › LFF Paradox Slant and the "Starving Student" 40 seconds ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 41 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob