- 2,504 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: New York
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Portable Amp do you think is better!! Last post on 7/9/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- GoVibe Porta Tube+ valve headphone amp/USB DAC in review - beautiful in blue Last post on 6/19/12 at 4:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good deal on NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fostex HP-P1 or a Pico Slim for custom IEMS? Last post on 6/3/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 24post #346 of 7066/17/12 at 4:37pmWell maybe they're trying to reach yet another demographic. I don't know why we're putting V-MODA in a mass-consumer box here. If they want to make a product for the high-end audiophile market, well good on them. I think it shows growth and versatility.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 7066/17/12 at 10:00pm
Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?post #348 of 7066/17/12 at 11:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by songmic
Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?
Ok, think you may have stumbled the Achilles' heel of the Go-DAP (and therefore presumably the VAmp). The Toslink out of the device sounds rather "flat". This is where both the HP-P1 & CLAS have an edge over the Go-DAP/VAmp.
Talking to the makers, it seems the issue is that at the optical out, it -always- up-samples to 48kHz.
Val, if you're able use your wonderful charm in influencing our mutual friends to change that, it'll be greatly appreciated. Let the original sampling be passed through - 44.1kHz -> 44.1kHz, 48kHz -> 48kHz. I've talked to them about it a few months ago. I don't know if it can be remediated firmware/software-wise or if it was hardcoded into the circuitry.post #349 of 7066/18/12 at 6:49am
There is stuff out there, like this from bang and olufsen!
The BeoPlay A3 iPad dock meanwhile can sit at all manner of angles thanks to the clever design, while the integrated accelerometer ensures the screen rotates as the iPad dock moves.
it weighs in at around 1.5kg, has a rechargeable battery good for five hours and will cost $549. It's due out now.http://player.vimeo.com/video/17700447?portrait=0" This is were val is right now,I went here in 2008 with tiesto on his elements of life tour,on a night it looks like blade runner!
Edited by our martin - 6/18/12 at 11:46ampost #350 of 7066/18/12 at 9:01am
That's 49 minutes long, which part is like bladerunner? =)
Yeah, no reason why V-moda doesn't have the right to try competing with Fostex.post #351 of 7066/19/12 at 10:00am
Mine finally arrived today. Frankly I don't have the time or luxury to make another unboxing video after Val already made a great video out of it, but I'll give it some burn-in time and share my impressions and review with you guys hopefully by the end of this week. Stay tuned.
Edited by songmic - 6/19/12 at 10:19ampost #352 of 7066/19/12 at 5:46pmpost #353 of 7066/19/12 at 9:55pm
Val, I see that the VAMP is currently sold out on V-MODA.com as well as Amazon. First of all, congratulations! Secondly, are there any other retailers that might have any in stock? If not, when do you expect more to become available?post #354 of 7066/20/12 at 2:30ampost #355 of 7066/20/12 at 3:21amQuote:
No, you may be able to use the iTouch with this amp but it won't fit into its physical case.post #356 of 7066/20/12 at 3:26amQuote:
But you can use an iPod extension cable like this. Such a cable will work. :-post #357 of 7066/20/12 at 3:31amQuote:
I will be doing this with ipad3's in the back of the car!post #358 of 7066/20/12 at 5:51am
Are you tempting someone to rob your car? You mention 3 iPads and 3 M-100s in the back of your car repeatedly. Where do you live?post #359 of 7066/20/12 at 6:42amQuote:
I live in South Africa, you know how hard it is for me to resist?post #360 of 7066/20/12 at 6:49am
It's in manhattan newyork, it's a dodge challenger rt classic with a hemi v8 black with white rt stripes!like this, the hemi v8 sounds nice!This is mine the evo 6, it's much better on corners!
Edited by our martin - 6/20/12 at 7:26am
- V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 31 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › FS: AK240 (Like New) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear