Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC - Page 24

post #346 of 691
Well maybe they're trying to reach yet another demographic. I don't know why we're putting V-MODA in a mass-consumer box here. If they want to make a product for the high-end audiophile market, well good on them. I think it shows growth and versatility.
post #347 of 691

Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?

post #348 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

Val, I have a question regarding VAMP's Pure and VQ mode. I'd also like to use VAMP as an iDevice dock to connect to my desktop rig via optical Toslink, but will I still benefit from VAMP's VQ feature? I guess it all depends on the signal path. I heard VQ makes the music sound more 3D-like with punchier bass, but does this change occur in the digital domain before DA conversion, during VAMP's DA conversion, or in the analog amp section after DA conversion? I guess only the first method would allow me to enjoy VQ mode via Toslink, so... what's your answer?

Ok, think you may have stumbled the Achilles' heel of the Go-DAP (and therefore presumably the VAmp). The Toslink out of the device sounds rather "flat". This is where both the HP-P1 & CLAS have an edge over the Go-DAP/VAmp.

Talking to the makers, it seems the issue is that at the optical out, it -always- up-samples to 48kHz.

Val, if you're able use your wonderful charm in influencing our mutual friends to change that, it'll be greatly appreciated. Let the original sampling be passed through - 44.1kHz -> 44.1kHz, 48kHz -> 48kHz. I've talked to them about it a few months ago. I don't know if it can be remediated firmware/software-wise or if it was hardcoded into the circuitry.
post #349 of 691

There is stuff out there, like this from bang and olufsen!

BeoPlay A3

 

The BeoPlay A3 iPad dock meanwhile can sit at all manner of angles thanks to the clever design, while the integrated accelerometer ensures the screen rotates as the iPad dock moves.

it weighs in at around 1.5kg, has a rechargeable battery good for five hours and will cost $549. It's due out now.http://player.vimeo.com/video/17700447?portrait=0" This is were val is right now,I went here in 2008 with tiesto on his elements of life tour,on a night it looks like blade runner!


Edited by our martin - 6/18/12 at 11:46am
post #350 of 691

That's 49 minutes long, which part is like bladerunner? =)

 

Yeah, no reason why V-moda doesn't have the right to try competing with Fostex.

post #351 of 691

Mine finally arrived today. Frankly I don't have the time or luxury to make another unboxing video after Val already made a great video out of it, but I'll give it some burn-in time and share my impressions and review with you guys hopefully by the end of this week. Stay tuned.


Edited by songmic - 6/19/12 at 10:19am
post #352 of 691

Look forward to your impressions!!
 

post #353 of 691

Val, I see that the VAMP is currently sold out on V-MODA.com as well as Amazon.  First of all, congratulations!  Secondly, are there any other retailers that might have any in stock?  If not, when do you expect more to become available?

post #354 of 691

Maybe this is a stupid question but does the iTouch fit this amp?  Searching in this thread I do not find any references to the iTouch nor on the website for it.

post #355 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by slwiser View Post

Maybe this is a stupid question but does the iTouch fit this amp?  Searching in this thread I do not find any references to the iTouch nor on the website for it.

 

No, you may be able to use the iTouch with this amp but it won't fit into its physical case.

post #356 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

 

No, you may be able to use the iTouch with this amp but it won't fit into its physical case.

 

But you can use an iPod extension cable like this. Such a cable will work. :-

 

hKM-C7QIRWTCEJrA99Vtg-eYe2uxZTuBTO4JD1rR71AndekGfES3-S775Opy_TeQd3F5lxiGNN0LCQ8xFLPFUE76CwPBDLTuX35Xb1pMaAWaVc2D11uBX_FxOYEbitU2jhiOGC0-uyOp

post #357 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

But you can use an iPod extension cable like this. Such a cable will work. :-

 

hKM-C7QIRWTCEJrA99Vtg-eYe2uxZTuBTO4JD1rR71AndekGfES3-S775Opy_TeQd3F5lxiGNN0LCQ8xFLPFUE76CwPBDLTuX35Xb1pMaAWaVc2D11uBX_FxOYEbitU2jhiOGC0-uyOp

I will be doing this with ipad3's in the back of the car!

post #358 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

I will be doing this with ipad3's in the back of the car!

Are you tempting someone to rob your car? You mention 3 iPads and 3 M-100s in the back of your car repeatedly. Where do you live?
post #359 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post


Are you tempting someone to rob your car? You mention 3 iPads and 3 M-100s in the back of your car repeatedly. Where do you live?

I live in South Africa, you know how hard it is for me to resist?

post #360 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

I live in South Africa, you know how hard it is for me to resist?

It's in manhattan newyork, it's a dodge challenger rt classic with a hemi v8 black with white rt stripes!like this, the hemi v8 sounds nice!This is mine the evo 6, it's much better on corners!


Edited by our martin - 6/20/12 at 7:26am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC