V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Jun 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #361 of 710
Jun 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #363 of 710
Quote:
Does the pass through headphone jack on Vamp feature 3-button remote compatibility with Iphone?

Nope. Cables with mics and music control buttons won't work with the VAmp - to be more precise, they'll function just like standard audio cables but no pass-through feature.

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #364 of 710
Quote:

Nope. Cables with mics and music control buttons won't work with the VAmp - to be more precise, they'll function just like standard audio cables but no pass-through feature.

I'm wondering if this is a limitation of the connector since I don't know of any headphone amp that has 3-button functionality or if the added cost is being avoided.  IMO, this would be a huge added value if available.

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #365 of 710
Quote:
I'm wondering if this is a limitation of the connector since I don't know of any headphone amp that has 3-button functionality or if the added cost is being avoided.  IMO, this would be a huge added value if available.

I think the pass through circuitry will be a big headache technically. Yes none of the iDevice headphone amps do pass through on the remote - HP-P1, CLAS+Amp, etc.

Remember the iPhone's headphone out is after the iPhone's internal amp. The circuitry for remote control & microphone is naturally also there. In order to do the pass-through to the external amp, we're assuming such controls are the same via the 30-pin dock connector. I actually don't think so. Of course control can be done but then the whole function is brought out externally with Apple's proprietary protocol.

I think although the 30-pin dock provides a multitude of options assuming the external product is Apple-certified, the simple pass-through isn't one of them. Probably a more sophisticated protocol and pass-through is available though (e.g. docking stations for voice control/dialing, etc. for car audio that's iPhone compatible).

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #366 of 710
after seeing the pics i am very inpressed. however what happens if apple change the form factor of the next iphone (which the do between every gen so far) wont this item be behind in the market as soon as, perhaps even before, it is released 

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #367 of 710
Quote:
after seeing the pics i am very inpressed. however what happens if apple change the form factor of the next iphone (which the do between every gen so far) wont this item be behind in the market as soon as, perhaps even before, it is released 

Please see previous posts.  This concern has been raised and addressed multiple times.

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #368 of 710
Quote:

It doesnt really matter, If that is peoples main concern just wait for the VAMP2 designed for the iphone 5.

The amount of VAMPs made wont saturate the market, its a limited run niche product.

Also Venturecraft which V-Moda have contracted with to help make and desgin the Vamp have a new caseless model coming out later this year, no doubt the are also thinking about the next product for iphone 5.

Venturecraft and V-Moda are simply living in the present, creating a product for the present market, whilst no doubt and most certainly thinking about the future market.

Give them some credit guys.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #369 of 710
LUCKY #13 AND RISING, V-MODA VAMP was in the New York Times today, pick up a copy!!!  In one store in Asia we sold 15 units in store on first day.  

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #370 of 710
Vamp is 13th on Amazon's bestsellers list for headphone amps and with the exception of a Pyle-Pro PHA40, the rest of the spots are taken up by cheap (<$140) Fiios. I think Val has made his point. Next on his "to conquer" list: V-MODAC; the stylish, universal headphone amplifier for everyone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/13880161/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_5_last

Edit:
Beat me to it, Val. Congrats, btw!

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #371 of 710
Spider, funny.  ZAP JINX. I've been watching sales like a hawk, obviously it is exciting for me and the team.  The Pyle is $18!  I wonder how much volume difference there is between #1 to #13, we may be able to claim "best selling in revenue of all headphone amps on Amazon", already.  I'll try to find out.  Imagine if I had a bigger advertising budget...

-v 

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #372 of 710
Quote:
Spider, funny.  ZAP JINX. I've been watching sales like a hawk, obviously it is exciting for me and the team.  The Pyle is $18!  I wonder how much volume difference there is between #1 to #13, we may be able to claim "best selling in revenue of all headphone amps on Amazon", already.  I'll try to find out.  Imagine if I had a bigger advertising budget...

-v 

Don't sell yourself short, we all know your good at building suspense :) 

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #373 of 710
Val, i saw your V-moda Limo today on the 10 freeway by Ghetto Colton lol.

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #374 of 710
Here it is folks, the first official review of VAMP at Head-fi. This is my based on my subjective hearing, so it wouldn't hurt to read it with a grain of salt or two.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-vamp-headphone-amplifier-150mw-x-2-dac-battery-pack-for-iphone-4-4s/reviews/6985

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #375 of 710
Quote:
Here it is folks, the first official review of VAMP at Head-fi. This is my based on my subjective hearing, so it wouldn't hurt to read it with a grain of salt or two.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-vamp-headphone-amplifier-150mw-x-2-dac-battery-pack-for-iphone-4-4s/reviews/6985

Very nice review my friend,sounds like the vamps a good device for dance music and should pair up well with the new m100s,the two girls will love them for bombing about in central park with their roller boots on! p.s one way of getting rid of them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back