Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 241

post #3601 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Anybody heard of this?

 

http://www.ownfidelity.com/


Ouch, the website hurts my eyes.  Also the prices don't impress on a per BA basis.

post #3602 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 


Ouch, the website hurts my eyes.  Also the prices don't impress on a per BA basis.

 

 

Website is quite 'slick', but that's not necessarily a good thing.

 

I'm not convinced that it is hardcore audiophile, what with the emphasis on 'bling' in the model's ears, rather than on detailed description of the sound signature of each CIEM. But that's just my honest first impressions and I could be wrong...

post #3603 of 4437

First thing caught my eyes is shell quality can be improved, a lot. 

post #3604 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Anybody heard of this?

 

http://www.ownfidelity.com/

As a MOT I can't really say anything on quality and stuff. I will just say they are like polish Ultimate Ears (although much much less known) - they have strong PR (as well as marketing regarding technical aspects of their IEMs) and at least 90% of their clients are musicians. They support some of the biggest names on polish scene.

Other than that they've been around for some time and rooted from company that makes hearing aids.

post #3605 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post  Ouch, the website hurts my eyes.  Also the prices don't impress on a per BA basis.


haha... that'd be a funny metric, '$/BA' --- I wonder who/what would rank at the top/bottom? ;) 

post #3606 of 4437

Just received the EM32... definitely a unique and fantastic sounding CIEM.  Treble extension and micro detail is top class.

 

The bass is......soooooo powerful...I can't believe it's even more powerful than my EM6 if I remember it correctly.

 

Thank you ear sonics for making a CIEM that doesn't hurt my ears for the first time :p


Edited by tupac0306 - 2/4/14 at 6:29am
post #3607 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 


haha... that'd be a funny metric, '$/BA' --- I wonder who/what would rank at the top/bottom? ;) 

 

 

Alien Ears, Audio Earz, and Cosmic Ears all dip down to just over $100/BA. I haven't seen anything less than that. At the top end, maybe the Puretone Micro Classic 1 which is over $800 for the single driver (as of today's exchange rate). 

post #3608 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post


Alien Ears, Audio Earz, and Cosmic Ears all dip down to just over $100/BA. I haven't seen anything less than that. At the top end, maybe the Puretone Micro Classic 1 which is over $800 for the single driver (as of today's exchange rate). 
Did not know that brand, are they any good? Vision Ears and Rhines are also pretty steep.
post #3609 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Did not know that brand, are they any good? Vision Ears and Rhines are also pretty steep.

 

 

No clue. It seems there are several factors leading to higher prices: silicone shells, single driver designs, and currency conversion. Look at any brand with these factors in place and you're likely to find them expensive on a per-driver basis. Going dual driver or triple driver raises the total price but lowers the per-driver breakdown. 

post #3610 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post


No clue. It seems there are several factors leading to higher prices: silicone shells, single driver designs, and currency conversion. Look at any brand with these factors in place and you're likely to find them expensive on a per-driver basis. Going dual driver or triple driver raises the total price but lowers the per-driver breakdown. 
I think build quality sometimes comes into play: Fitear and Vision Ears are expensive but the build is clearly above average.
post #3611 of 4437

 

Received your 'parcel' this afternoon, so cheers for that! :wink_face:

 

 

On the EM32 - you said:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

 

The bass is......soooooo powerful...I can't believe it's even more powerful than my EM6 if I remember it correctly.

 

Powerful bass in terms of being boosted, or just in terms of being neutral but capable ?

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

 

Treble extension and micro detail is top class.

 

How does the extension and micro detail compare to the NT6?

post #3612 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I think build quality sometimes comes into play: Fitear and Vision Ears are expensive but the build is clearly above average.

 

 

Well, yeah, that's a factor as well. I was just saying that single driver silicone designs from other areas tend to be the most expensive per driver, regardless. Within that field there are surely some that command more due to build. 

post #3613 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

Received your 'parcel' this afternoon, so cheers for that! :wink_face:

 

 

No problem ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Powerful bass in terms of being boosted, or just in terms of being neutral but capable ?

 

 

 

Boosted below 90Hz ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

How does the extension and micro detail compare to the NT6?

 

Not as clear as NT6, but both extension and micro detail is better on EM32. ;)

post #3614 of 4437

Copy and paste from PM:

 

EM32 still has the house sound of ear sonics.

It has a very clever tuning. Overall it's very balanced.

 

 

Pros:

 

The mid is neutral and laid back compared to EM6, so it's not mid forward anymore. 

I think I mentioned somewhere EM6's treble extension can challenge 5 way's, EM32 do that to a even "further" extent (definitely extends further than NT6, not as far, and linear as SE5) The resolution, amount of detail is very high. Transparency and clarity is great too. The bass is powerful and dynamic with decent depth. Soundstage is pretty accurate with great depth and imaging. 

 

Cons:

1. Bass is as impactful as EM6, it also has lifted subass (starting from 80-90Hz), mid-upper bass is very neutral and certainly doesn't bleed to the mids. But the subbass rumble can be too much on some songs. IMO the bass is not as well controlled as EM6, can be bloated at times.

2. The upper treble (14-16K Hz), this region is a little bit lifted. I think ES try to over exaggerate the micro detail just a little bit on EM32. So it make some songs sound shimmer ,dry and too detailed if you know what I mean. However the boost passes the treble region of sibilance, brightness and harshness, so overall it still sounds very smooth and musical. 

3. Lower treble is not as recessed as EM6, but the air and space width can still be improve a little more.

 

Overall it's a warm, smooth CIEM, but the boost in the upper treble balances the warmth a little. It's basically a thinner, more detailed version of EM6.

post #3615 of 4437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Copy and paste from PM:

EM32 still has the house sound of ear sonics.
It has a very clever tuning. Overall it's very balanced.


Pros:

The mid is neutral and laid back compared to EM6, so it's not mid forward anymore. 
I think I mentioned somewhere EM6's treble extension can challenge 5 way's, EM32 do that to a even "further" extent (definitely extends further than NT6, not as far, and linear as SE5) The resolution, amount of detail is very high. Transparency and clarity is great too. The bass is powerful and dynamic with decent depth. Soundstage is pretty accurate with great depth and imaging. 

Cons:
1. Bass is as impactful as EM6, it also has lifted subass (starting from 80-90Hz), mid-upper bass is very neutral and certainly doesn't bleed to the mids. But the subbass rumble can be too much on some songs. IMO the bass is not as well controlled as EM6, can be bloated at times.
2. The upper treble (14-16K Hz), this region is a little bit lifted. I think ES try to over exaggerate the micro detail just a little bit on EM32. So it make some songs sound shimmer ,dry and too detailed if you know what I mean. However the boost passes the treble region of sibilance, brightness and harshness, so overall it still sounds very smooth and musical. 
3. Lower treble is not as recessed as EM6, but the air and space width can still be improve a little more.


Overall it's a warm, smooth CIEM, but the boost in the upper treble balances the warmth a little. It's basically a thinner, more detailed version of EM6.

The bass sounds a bit worrying. I hope it will work with fast music. I should receive my em32 next week.
Edited by Metalboy - 2/5/14 at 12:50am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)