Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3,571 of 4,841

I myself quite miss you and your reviews as well as comments AJ. I see that you are busy, I hope everything is fine and ok. Just to let you know, you gain a lot of people's sympathy, respect and friendship with your work and attitude to us in here.

I remember reading somewhere that you will even review K10 and Roxanne but who knows when
happy_face1.gif

Thank you for the support.  It is nothing bad, other than not having enough time for all the things you want to do.  Does anyone know how to survive off less sleep over a long period of time without reduced brain function :wink:

Lol, who said I would be reviewing the K10 and Roxanne?  I do have a "trick up my sleeve" with a not yet released product, and have a bead on the UM Mentor universal for an audition once I find the time, but other than that, most of my review backlog is for lower cost CIEMs, sources, amps, and cables.  I have a lot to do as well as my other extracurricular activities.  Is anyone an expert programmer?

Mine is coming in soon, made the payment two days ago. :)

I forgot to mention that I too am looking forward to your impressions!  It is always a pleasure reading your posts.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #3,572 of 4,841
Mim' I think they're less good than SE5way, pretty sure. The micro-details are more present than on EM6 but it's not amazing, the level is just on paar with the price level to my mind.

Joe, I think that the EM6 are technically better than the EM4, especially on transparency and sense of speed and musicality. But I prefer the EM4 which push forward the soundstage while the EM6 have many instrument near form the ear. I knew the EM6 when I upgraded my EM4 but I was uncertain... less than 2 months later I took the EM32
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #3,573 of 4,841
Hello joe hope all is well. Did UM ever come out with the cross connect cable ??

Al

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #3,574 of 4,841

Thank you for the support.  It is nothing bad, other than not having enough time for all the things you want to do.  Does anyone know how to survive off less sleep over a long period of time without reduced brain function :wink:

Lol, who said I would be reviewing the K10 and Roxanne?  I do have a "trick up my sleeve" with a not yet released product, and have a bead on the UM Mentor universal for an audition once I find the time, but other than that, most of my review backlog is for lower cost CIEMs, sources, amps, and cables.  I have a lot to do as well as my other extracurricular activities.  Is anyone an expert programmer?

I forgot to mention that I too am looking forward to your impressions!  It is always a pleasure reading your posts.

(to bold text) I also need a new method to survive, since I am in my exam period and it is the last week, I am getting seriously fed up with studying and functioning with less than a few hours of sleep per day
happy_face1.gif

Mentor you say? My my, I would be interested actually. Do you even have a first impressions, like a quick one? Would you say it is really playing to the top or it is just, UM wanted to release something to catch the game while everybody was keep on releasing 10+ BA ciems? (Noble, JHA, Rooth too I believe has one 10BA ciem)

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,575 of 4,841
Hello joe hope all is well. Did UM ever come out with the cross connect cable ??

Al

Not to my knowledge.  I know, that stinks.

(to bold text) I also need a new method to survive, since I am in my exam period and it is the last week, I am getting seriously fed up with studying and functioning with less than a few hours of sleep per day
happy_face1.gif

Mentor you say? My my, I would be interested actually. Do you even have a first impressions, like a quick one? Would you say it is really playing to the top or it is just, UM wanted to release something to catch the game while everybody was keep on releasing 10+ BA ciems? (Noble, JHA, Rooth too I believe has one 10BA ciem)

Nope, I won't get it for another month or so (at my request).

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #3,576 of 4,841
The gave me a 200 credit on a reshell
For the cable not being shipped.
Thanks

Al

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #3,577 of 4,841
Mim' I think they're less good than SE5way, pretty sure. The micro-details are more present than on EM6 but it's not amazing, the level is just on paar with the price level to my mind.

Joe, I think that the EM6 are technically better than the EM4, especially on transparency and sense of speed and musicality. But I prefer the EM4 which push forward the soundstage while the EM6 have many instrument near form the ear. I knew the EM6 when I upgraded my EM4 but I was uncertain... less than 2 months later I took the EM32 :)
Micro details are just one aspect of sound :)

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,578 of 4,841
I am waiting for Tupac's return on the EM32. I am very interested in these but if they are not as good as the SE5 or too similar I might pass.

Yes you are. And I thought S-EM6 sounds nothing like the SE5. So I will wait for actual comparison.

Will compare when I receive it. EM6 is actually a very good CIEM. Never heard of EM4, but EM6 is darker and fuller than "neutral" to my ears. 
Comparing to SE5, EM6 has even more bass power (SE5 is a bass monster), EM6 has more mid forwardness (SE5's mid is on the forward side of neutral), EM6 has less lower treble (SE5's lower treble is linear and smooth, not like typical clear BA driver CIEMs), EM6's treble extension is probably the only one I have heard that can match SE5's.

So that's why it sounded like an "amplified" SE5. :)

By the way, I will pass the Roxanne.

Thank you very much XD. I will try to be as "unbiased" as possible. ;P 

Also the stage demos will be in tomorrow, and my UM Mentor universal arrives Thursday. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3,579 of 4,841
Originally Posted by tupac0306 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EM6's treble extension is probably the only one I have heard that can match SE5's.

How about NT6-Pro treble extension?  (just curious)

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3,583 of 4,841

Will compare when I receive it. EM6 is actually a very good CIEM. Never heard of EM4, but EM6 is darker and fuller than "neutral" to my ears. 
Comparing to SE5, EM6 has even more bass power (SE5 is a bass monster), EM6 has more mid forwardness (SE5's mid is on the forward side of neutral), EM6 has less lower treble (SE5's lower treble is linear and smooth, not like typical clear BA driver CIEMs), EM6's treble extension is probably the only one I have heard that can match SE5's.

So that's why it sounded like an "amplified" SE5. :)

By the way, I will pass the Roxanne.
Thank you very much XD. I will try to be as "unbiased" as possible. ;P 

Also the stage demos will be in tomorrow, and my UM Mentor universal arrives Thursday. 

I hear the S-EM6 pretty much the same way you describe it.  While the bass is more enhanced with the S-EM6, the SE5 can outperform it with bass heavy songs, though.  No Roxanne; any particular reason?

Looking forward to your Stage and Mentor impressions.

How about NT6-Pro treble extension?  (just curious)

Not quite as far as the SE5 or LS8, and about on par with the NT-6, PP6, PS-5, and AUD-8X.  All extend quite high.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,584 of 4,841

No Roxanne; any particular reason?

No reason, just kind of lost interest from the long wait and the impressions I have read so far. It really didn't look like a game changer TO ME. I know the rule, never speak before hearing it. But once you are experienced enough, you know what kind of information you can grab from the impression post, reviews and etc.

I am still looking forward to Michael's impressions on them.

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #3,585 of 4,841
  No reason, just kind of lost interest from the long wait and the impressions I have read so far. It really didn't look like a game changer TO ME. I know the rule, never speak before hearing it. But once you are experienced enough, you know what kind of information you can grab from the impression post, reviews and etc.

I am still looking forward to Michael's impressions on them.

If I had known it was gonna take 100 years I might have abstained...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back