Zurich Mini-Meet (April 2005)
Apr 12, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 23
yeah, it was a really fun time with you and also quite enlighting concerning my future upgrade path. having heard the prehead, dynamight and my ppx side-by-side with the udp-1 showed the shortcomings of my source quite well so i have to look for a dac in the next time.

big thanks to jazz for hosting us

Apr 14, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #17 of 23
I'd looooove to know what yall thought of the 650/zu/Corda ha-2. Of course I have no real reasons why... just curious.
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #18 of 23
plainsong...

...if you ask me: HA-2 and HD 650+Zu are an excellent pairing. My HA-2 in the pictures above is upgraded to MkII level (not officially offered BTW), but I remember well how good it sounded in original state with my HD 650.

Anyway, now that I've heard it, I want a Prehead MkII!
rolleyes.gif

peacesign.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #19 of 23
So you ears didn't suffer any of those complaints like closed-in soundstage or too much brightness? I keep reading those things about the zu and it frightens me.

Then again, the ha-2 has some authority to it.

Heheh, I got the ha-2 mkI because of what I heard from the prehead mkI at the Helsinki meet. My source is pretty good, but I feel I'd need more in order to take advantage of the prehead. So when Jan offered the ha-2 to contributing members for something like €480 it was a no-brainer.

Thanks for making my silver versus copper inner battle that much more difficult.
600smile.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:16 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Thanks for making my silver versus copper inner battle that much more difficult.
600smile.gif

Yeah, sorry! -- but that's a problem every human has to deal with, and nobody can take self-responibility off of you...
wink.gif
Currently I'm in an undecided phase; my preference is faltering between a modified Headphile Silver and my homegrown magnet-wire cable, of course each with the correspondingly matching ICs (Zu Gede 17- and 30-cm version). The Zu Mobius would call for a Silver Dragon IC, the Silver Dragon would call for a magnet-wire IC. Complicated, but still manageable...
icon10.gif

peacesign.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #21 of 23
The Zürich group is expanding rapidly with more and more equipment. Especially interesting is the cross-Atlantic comparisons which are not so usual elsewhere (as Corda - Singlepower). Keep on!

Apr 15, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 23
Next time I definately need to compare the Talisman T-3H to the Corda (forgot to do it this time) because what I'm hearing at the moment out of the Talisman using the HD 650 Silver Dragon is really impressive. Bright but not harsh and highly resolving. No veil whatsoever.

Also, I hope I won't forget the outlet adapter again. It would have been nice to actually use my CD player. Why does Switzerland have different outlets anyway?
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
Yeah, sorry! -- but that's a problem every human has to deal with, and nobody can take self-responibility off of you...
wink.gif
Currently I'm in an undecided phase; my preference is faltering between a modified Headphile Silver and my homegrown magnet-wire cable, of course each with the correspondingly matching ICs (Zu Gede 17- and 30-cm version). The Zu Mobius would call for a Silver Dragon IC, the Silver Dragon would call for a magnet-wire IC. Complicated, but still manageable...
icon10.gif

peacesign.gif

For now I think I've decided that my source, while a great bang for the buck, just isn't up to all that silver just yet. I'll see what's in the world of copper first.

I've decided I like the core hd650 sound, so that's the headphone. At least having lots of cable choices still leaves something to play with.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back