ZuperDac Crowd Funding.
Sep 21, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #18 of 44
My truncated impressions thus far using LG G3 with DUNU Titan's:

*impressive build quality
*Increased width of sound stage
*Slight increase in micro details
*Slightly tighter bass, slight decrease in quantity
*No significant battery drain

For $49 (Early bird price) I am very pleased. The Titan's do not lack in bass, so the slight loss is outweighed by the benefits.

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #22 of 44

For $49 (Early bird price) I am very pleased. The Titan's do not lack in bass, so the slight loss is outweighed by the benefits.

I have to agree with gjohnst4
just got mine. but i gotta second that bass with slight decrease in quantity.
To my ears, it seems that the bass quantity is slightly increased.
I'm using a vsonic gr07 by the way plugged into my computer (Win7) and the output power is tremendous. (not sure if it is the correct term)
I have to set my volume level to 1 but it's still quite loud.
Also, the size its about the same as as a UD120 but with an aluminium casing.
And so far hearing them from my comp 5 hours straight, i did not notice any significant heat radiating from the DAC.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 44

I have the same combo LG G3 - zuperdac and i would the same things except for the soundstage.
On the other hand, i realy appreciate it with my laptop. It really increase SQ on it.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #25 of 44
so what about phone battery drain on these usb powered dacs? on one hand i'd expect the phone to be drained faster, but then again the phone's dac is no longer in the chain so there is some savings there, right? do they essentially just offset each other? and in general, do dacs even require any significant power? i'm just curious.

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #26 of 44
well i got it but it's unstable with my Galaxy S3 phone (Android 4.4.2) . it can sound great for a few minutes then there is either a jumpy/staticy sound or a tinny/phasey/digitized sound. the issue is intermittent. i have tried it with two different music player apps (Samsung stock and Poweramp) and with various amps & headphones. anyone else having problems?

i also sent a message to Zorloo and i'll report back what they tell me.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #27 of 44
I think you have to use it with Hiby Player or Onkyo Player to utilize the DAC. 
If you are using the samsung original player, it will bypass the ESS DAC and use the amp alone. 
Correct me if I am wrong

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #28 of 44
My zuperdac works well with my LG G3 but drain a lot the battery. For the player zorloo recommended DCT to.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #30 of 44
I am not sure about Samsung player, but it works fine with Google Play Music player and Asus Zenfone 2. Sound is amazing (but the internal DAC of Zenfone is pretty capable too).

What really surprised me in the positive way is that ZuperDAC actually sounds better than my Asus Xonar DX sound card! My headphones are great (Optoma Nuforce NE-800), but a bit too bassy - Zuper makes them sound more analytical than Xonar, which I like. So it is not only portable solution, but I will use it also with PC. 

So far I have encountered two issues:

- volume control is not well ballanced. In Win 10 (both laptop and desktop), it slowly turns the volume up to 98/100 and on 100 it will blow your ears - the volume doubles compared to 98. Beware!
- sometimes, I heard small distortion in sound (like scratching), especially on 192khz, when connected to PC. Hope it gets solved in future software updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back