ZuperDac Crowd Funding.
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #31 of 44

- volume control is not well ballanced. In Win 10 (both laptop and desktop), it slowly turns the volume up to 98/100 and on 100 it will blow your ears - the volume doubles compared to 98. Beware!
- sometimes, I heard small distortion in sound (like scratching), especially on 192khz, when connected to PC. Hope it gets solved in future software updates.

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. 
I thought that my DAC had some problems on my pc, actually its related to windows 10. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #33 of 44
I bought the usb dac shozy lancea and I must say that I prefer the Zuperdac, especially with my LG G3.I particularly appreciate the bass which are more present.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #34 of 44
I bought the usb dac shozy lancea and I must say that I prefer the Zuperdac, especially with my LG G3.I particularly appreciate the bass which are more present.

I have it for awhile now and although I don't have a reference DAC to compare it to, it is a huge improvement over my standard note 3 output. 
More output power (powers the Havi B3 wonderfully),deeper lows and slightly more detailed highs.
This DAC should really deserve some hype!

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #35 of 44
I am quite curious about this...seems a great price for ESS 9018K2M DAC. Can anyone comment on battery drain on iOS using a CCK and this DAC? I'm on the fence as my iPhone 5S already sounds great...though this would certainly be an upgrade for my computer.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #36 of 44
  I am quite curious about this...seems a great price for ESS 9018K2M DAC. Can anyone comment on battery drain on iOS using a CCK and this DAC? I'm on the fence as my iPhone 5S already sounds great...though this would certainly be an upgrade for my computer.

I don't use it much on my phone as i don't have enough space on my phone to keep FLAC files. 
But based on mark2410's review, battery drain is pretty high if used on a high impedence earphone/headphone. Draws more power to be able to listen at reasonable volumes.  

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #38 of 44
Thanks for the input guys.

I use it on my iPhone and it does use more power obviously, but I wouldn't call it excessive.
The iPhone won't let a connected device draw more than 100 mw anyway (or something like that)

Which model iPhone are you using? - curious as far as iPhone DACs go vs the ZuperDac. Does it work directly from the CCK or do you need to use a usb hub? (ie it doesn't draw so much power as to trigger the "this device draws too much power error")

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #39 of 44
Thanks for the input guys.
Which model iPhone are you using? - curious as far as iPhone DACs go vs the ZuperDac. Does it work directly from the CCK or do you need to use a usb hub? (ie it doesn't draw so much power as to trigger the "this device draws too much power error")

I've got an iPhone 6 Plus, and the Zuperdac works fine connected directly to the CCK.

There's a noticeable improvement on 16bit audio compared to the iPhones DAC. It's more pronounced on hi res audio.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #40 of 44
I've got an iPhone 6 Plus, and the Zuperdac works fine connected directly to the CCK.

There's a noticeable improvement on 16bit audio compared to the iPhones DAC. It's more pronounced on hi res audio.

Great to know that a hub is not required with this - truly a portable option. Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #41 of 44
Guys i'm looking to buy an Zuper DAC. Can you guys help me comparing it with some other choices like hrt i-dsp or calyx pat, audioquest dragonfly,... My music type is like this:

I'm currently using Fidue A83 (11 ohm) with Android phone. Thank you so much.

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #42 of 44
So I bought these a couple weeks ago sight unseen without much to go on and listening to them now I am quite glad I did.  Somewhat surprised that these haven't gotten more press on here...  I thought these were a steal considering the 9018 and new ess amp inside.  Sound is quite good.  Definitely an audible upgrade to the Dragonfly v1 I was using with my phone.  Soundstage is wide and imaging very good.  Clear while still being smooth.  Not quite as resolving as the geekout I tried out before getting these but overall I think they sound more coherent/more natural.

For anyone else who may have one I was wondering if you have found a way to adjust the volume in android through these a little better.  The volume goes from too quite at 10% to okay at 20% to somewhat loud at 30% to migraine inducing at 40%...  Adjustment is much finer and smoother on my mac so didn't know if there was a setting inside android I need to change.  I'm using a sony z5c also.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #43 of 44
Glad you like ZuperDAC as much as I do :)

For volume control, try the android app "Fine volume control". It allows to adjust volume in 1 % steps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=opotech.finevolumev2

no root required.

The only issue which prevails even with replaced DAC is occasional scratching on one of my computers when set to 88kHz or higher. But 48 is fine for me.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #44 of 44
So I see every one is pairing this with phones and computers. Has anyone used it with an actual dap? Is it better off to go with the other dacs and this is meant for phones and pcs only?
If someone can fill me in on details if anyone has used it with a dap and how it sounded?
Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back