Zune to Run XP/Vista by late next year?
Jan 12, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't any of you people type with correct spelling and grammar, I mean jesus christ.

You try and back up your statements, and you look like you just learned how to use a pc.

Anyways.

I know this because offers have been made on rockbox's site. Even if they are untrue, who cares.

Would you lose anything if I right, or wrong? Would it bad if Linux were on a zune?

what was the issue with spelling and grammar? i don't see any issues. if you were referring to my capitalization, if you ask nicely i can for you. it's just faster for me without.

you try and back up your statements and you look like you just learned how to use a pc? i am not sure what you meant by that at all. you have nothing whatsoever to back up your comments.

what offers have been made on the rockbox website? the only offer around is the one you linked to. again, microsoft did not give out zunes so people would hack them. they gave out zunes to a group of people who hate microsoft after taking them on a tour. one of those people decided to have a contest. the winner was a person from libmtp. they are working on getting the zune working with linux computers, not on hacking it to run a different firmware.

i would lose nothing if you were wrong, in fact i would gain. i do, however, believe the forum looses something when we are reduced to posting complete lies.

Jan 12, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #18 of 23
zip22, but to get the zune to boot linux they will most likely have to replace the firmware so end result is same
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't any of you people type with correct spelling and grammar, I mean jesus christ.

I know, I feel the same way about capitalization.

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zip22, but to get the zune to boot linux they will most likely have to replace the firmware so end result is same
wink.gif

no, its not. the goal of libmtp is to make mtp players usable on linux, not to run linux on the devices. the zune firmware would remain untouched.

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #22 of 23
the zune has same type boot up security as a 360 so the only way they are getting zune to run in any public usable form is by changing/altering the firmware which in turn would allow people to add features to the zune
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #23 of 23
i'm not sure what you are refering to. i am talking about libmtp. they make mtp devices work with linux. they do not change or alter firmwares. they are just looking to be able to load content onto the device. they can already view the content
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-...ost-217258.php

i fully realise what people would like to do with alternate firmwares, but none of it has come to fruition and everything posted in the begining of this thread was wrong. microsoft does not pay hackers and so far, no one has a confirmed zune running linux. the most recent addition to that story is the blurriest of videos of a zune booting what looks like linux, but it could be pretty easily faked, especially at the quality shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back