Zune, Ipod Or Creative?
May 10, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0k1ngs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So can't you get some kind of crazy Zune employee discount from your parents?

lol there is no such thing...the MS store gets crazy discounts on like games & software, and a bit of a discount on hardware.

I think on the zune it is 10%, but they get a discount on apple products too 20% I believe, and on a bunch of other brands like dell etc.

May 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #32 of 48
how about an iriver clix2? or samsung k3 since you appear to want small flash players?

May 11, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about an iriver clix2? or samsung k3 since you appear to want small flash players?

The clix2 is nice, I like it more than the cowon. But it's a little big and wide. The k3 came close but I still like the nano more.

Thanks for all the help but I am damn sure I am done searching. Nano it is until the new zune player becomes public. I am set on the nano.

Now to read all about IEM's. Gonna go with the ultimate small package
etysmile.gif

May 13, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #35 of 48
time for me to say this since none have mentioned
Since the op didn't say price as a factor, then,......

The all famous >>>>>>>>>>>IMOD<<<<<<<<<<< XD

May 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #36 of 48
One vote for 5.5g iPod. I find the SQ to be better than previous models, and the sound is "flatter" than the Zune and Zen Vision M. Of course this is arguable, and will no doubt be argued. It may even come to blows lol

May 13, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #38 of 48
Zen's better than the iPod, audio quality wise, for sure. Never liked the Zune myself, but it works fine for others.

Regarding Zen and UMS - it's not technically UMS, but you need install no software from Creative if you're using it on a Windows XP machine (the three that I've tried worked fine without extra drivers). Note that you might want to install drivers for things like playlists and some other functions.

The two computer I docked it without drivers see it as a multimedia device, but it works just like an external hard drive, too. I hear the iPod's the same.

Make sure to get a 60+ GB player, though - you'll thank yourself a week after getting it (if you get the 30 GB like me, you'll end up kicking yourself).

- lk

May 13, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordkelmain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zen's better than the iPod, audio quality wise, for sure. Never liked the Zune myself, but it works fine for others.

- lk

Great advice, I returned my Zune after a day and a half. Wasn't a bad DAP, just not to my liking

May 14, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #40 of 48
i personally like creative. never had any problems with my players from them. plus software is fairly easy to learn/use.

May 15, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 48
Well, I seem to be the only person aside from night surfer that has owned all three and yet we come to the same conclusion. Zune has best sound, no question. I've also owned from archos and iaudio x5(contrary to all posts saying this is the best sound, I found it to be the worst and simply could not stand it, different sound does not mean better sound!). So on that note, if SQ is what you're looking for, I'd say zune all the way (I use it for that and I'm a linux user! sync on a friends' comp....).

May 15, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #42 of 48
i bought a zune from B&H on Friday (and got it yesterday morning in the uk!!!) and I am amazed by the SQ on it! Its fairly inexpensive as players go and it blows past the 3rd gen ipod and creative zen photo that i've had much exposure to. can't really go wrong with a zune. only thing i think it misses is the touch screen buttons the ipod has =p

May 15, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #43 of 48
^^ touchscreen ? did you came from the future then ?

May 15, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #45 of 48
only the wheel on the ipod is touch-sensitive. the 4 buttons on the wheel, plus the center button are all tactile.

personally, i like tactile more than touch. touch is neater for showing off, but tactile is better for using a player blind, which i do more than showing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back