ZUNE HD!
Aug 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #61 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in soviet russia, iPod make you suck
biggrin.gif

Yep, and those bears on Moscow streets are still so annoying. Just escaped from big angry one.
cool.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik1976 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, and those bears on Moscow streets are still so annoying. Just escaped from big angry one.
cool.gif

Is that your idea of a joke? You know, we have a serious problem with bears here in Moscow. I'm glad you escaped from your fictional "bear", but many others around here are not so lucky.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #64 of 90
We wan moar news about this product!

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #65 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eleutherian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is an standard SPDIF optical jack on the dock, it can be used independently of the HDMI video out capabilities.

Could you please clarify one more question? I heard that Zune HD dock is compatible with gen. 2 Zunes. Would SPDIF output work with Zune 120 connected to HD Dock?

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #67 of 90
Well, any more news of this?

Really looking forward to it, have been following this since rumors appeared. Got to love the looks of it, dock with optical out and multi-touch web browser...

I also couldn't get the old Zune 120 as it wasn't available in Europe. Luckily I have some family going to USA on October
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #69 of 90
As I understand, once Zune HD is released that will the be the end for Iriver h120/140
smily_headphones1.gif
Same optical out possibility, but from a modern player.

Zune's low capacity (32gb) is the only thing that will prevent it from ruling the world no questions asked...

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #70 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eleutherian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately not, the SPIDF output is actually handled by the Tegra itself, not a module in the dock. The dock is essentially just an optical converter.

Understandable, thanks for clarification. Zune HD seems to be great in all aspects except capacity. Hoping 64Gb update will follow shortly.

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #72 of 90
I think that's a mistake too. It leaves the 'mainstream company' high capacity market all to Apple. Some people, even with mp3s, actually like having 120GB of space. I know I do. It's even less understandable to get rid of the low capactity smaller form factor ones and that's the part I believe even less. It means MS is pricing themself out of a big part of the market and ignoring the compact nano-like segment. Then again 30GB Zunes were available new forever (heck, I think they still are? but maybe MS is still having them made)so I expect that Gen2 Zunes will be too.

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #73 of 90
Oh no, it is not a mistake! You'll see, the 64 is going to be out before X-mas, especially if Apple comes out with the 64 Touch. and the next step is 128 GB, Oh yeah, the hard drive is dead! Apple knows this well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 128 GB Touch in a week. That would be a blow into the Zune HD big time... But it works the other way around too. What if, just what if a 128 GB Zune is coming out for $400 for X-mas? Would you pay for it that much? Sure you would! Die hard drive die!!!! Who needs the nano segment? 16 Zune HD for $150... coming soon... what nano segment! kill it!

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #74 of 90
Oookay. Well some people care about the physical size of the device and not just the memory capacity. One way it does make sense however is because of lower manufacturing costs for having one product that uses lots of common parts.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #75 of 90
Quote:

and the next step is 128 GB, Oh yeah

Oh yeah, 64gb for $450 on 2009/2010 christmas, 128gb for $600 on 2010/2011 christmas, that's solid reason for dropping 2008 year's 120gb model ($250 in 2008) and cancelling the entire hdd line (could be 160gb in 2009 for $250).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back